Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add PG Khristian Lander to the 2021 offers list. He's rated #17c and the top point guard. Beilein was interested in him as well and he's visited campus. IU, Purdue, and Louisville are reported to have been recruiting him the hardest.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      if Emoni lives up to the hype (some have called him the best player out of Michigan since Magic Johnson) and the NBA drops its ridiculous one and done rule, he'll go straight to the NBA.

I wish there was some kind of happy medium that could be reached between college basketball and the NBA, but if a kid has his heart set on the NBA and isn't interested in attending college, then he should be able to go to the NBA. I suspect the majority of kids making that jump are going to be disappointed, but its their choice to make.
      I'd like the NBA/NCAA make the rule something similar to baseball. You can make the jump to the pros. If you opt for college, you have to stay 2 or 3 years. 3 may be a stretch. I think the quality of the NBA is better without High Schoolers making the jump and I think the NCAA is also more exciting when it has the top talents. However, it isn't fair to the individuals and 1 and done makes a joke out of the term Student Athlete. Basically, a lot of 1-and-dones are taking one term of classes, I believe.

Comment

• Kessler put Michigan in his final 6: Auburn, Cal, Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan, and North Carolina.
        Last edited by *JD*; July 19, 2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• If you believe the vibes around these recruits, Abdur-Rahim would have committed to Beilein in May, and Burnett is one in which Howard is seen as having to re-establish M as a candidate after Beilein left. There's a possibility that this all ends up fine, but I'd still much rather still have Beilein. It really did look like he was about to crack it open and go on a 5-year run putting out legit contenders. No doubt in my mind he would have snuck in there for a ring in at least one of those years.

Comment

• Nimari Burnett names Michigan amongst his Final 12. Yes, I said TWELVE. That doesn't tell us much but it's better to be in than out. I'm going to say he's a springier Hersey Hawkins. Does anyone else remember that guy?

EAGgYoFXkAALU4d.jpg

Comment

• I like the absence of bluebloods on his list.

Comment

• Michigan makes SG Joshua Christopher's Final 5, along with UK, Mizzou, ASU, and UCLA. He's ranked #9c. That would be a huge get.

EATH_a_UYAEubFr?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

• Michigan makes Hunter Dickson's final 7.

Comment

• It'd be great if one or two of Dickinson/Kessler and Christopher/Burnett jump in and claim a spot spot early. Surely they know that it's either/or at those two spots. Highly doubt they'll take both players at each of those spots. I'd hold out for Kessler over Dickinson, but I'd gladly settle for Burnett over Christopher if we could just get the commit early. It'd be super for Juwan to go into the season with that kind of player already committed.

Comment

• Terrance Williams #82c has Michigan in his final 3 and says he's going to announce tomorrow, along with Georgetown and ND. I don't think he made it on a visit, but you never know. They made the final 3 without one so I guess anything can happen.

Comment

• Another offer extended. This time to 2020 PF Isaiah Todd, who's #14c.

247 article:

Juwan Howard offered recently and Todd said he needs to consider the Wolverines so they could make the five too.

Comment

• Judging from the little video I've seen of him, I might compare him to Rashard Lewis. Tall, thin, can handle, fairly athletic, and shoots the 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                            Terrance Williams #82c has Michigan in his final 3 and says he's going to announce tomorrow, along with Georgetown and ND. I don't think he made it on a visit, but you never know. They made the final 3 without one so I guess anything can happen.

https://stockrisers.com/2019/07/29/t...mmitment-date/
                            Terrance Williams picked Georgetown.

Comment

• Another 2020 offer goes out. 6'8" Forward Jaemyn Brakefield, #33c from West Virginia. He was ranked (247c) as high as #2 in the fall of 2017. He is reportedly going to cut his list down soon (many top schools are involved) and Michigan supposedly is in the mix to get an OV.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                                Another offer extended. This time to 2020 PF Isaiah Todd, who's #14c.

247 article:

Juwan Howard offered recently and Todd said he needs to consider the Wolverines so they could make the five too.
                                And sure enough:
                                EA_RFfcWwAIA8zh?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X