Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes.. that's a sexist statement ...
    disagree. had you said women weren't capable of doing that job, THAT would be a sxist statement
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      With Rachel Nichols, she at least knows the game, and you can tell she does her homework. You could sit in a sports bar and talk sports with her, and she'd be up to date on everything. The others are there because they have decent legs.
      So Pam Ward looks good in a short skirt?

Comment

• Sage Steele isn't bad
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          So Pam Ward looks good in a short skirt?
          LOL!

Back to Rachel Nichols---Liney, besides seeming to be someone you could talk sports to at the bar, she does have a couple of other...uh..."assets" (ifyouknowwhatImean). Pretty, too, in a different way:

oops---wrong Rachel Nichols!

Try this one:

Comment

• she left espn BTW

Comment

• Yeah, I saw that a few months back. But to CNN (if I recall correctly)? Is CNN trying to become a bigger player again in the sports world? I remember when they had a damn good nighttime TV sports report back a couple of decades ago, with Fred Hickman and the late Nick Charles, I used to watch it regularly because they did a better job than ESPN generally did with SportsCenter back in those days.

Comment

• Fox and NBC are gearing up also. Looks like there might be some competition finally

Comment

• NBC just recently grabbed Michele Beadle, one of my favorites from ESPN's SportsNation.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I can't wait for this!

Bet the Championship final score will be 1-0.

Guinness International Champions Cup

MIAMI — The sites have been selected, teams announced, dates set and now it's time to release the brackets for the 2013 Guinness International Champions Cup.

The tournament, the first of its kind in the United States, will feature seven top European club teams and the Los Angeles Galaxy in a bracket format to determine the winner.

The competing teams are Chelsea, A.C. Milan, Valencia, Everton, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Juventus and the Galaxy. The tournament begins July 27 and concludes with the championship-round matches at Sun Life Stadium on Aug. 6-7.

On one side of the bracket, the first-round matches are Juventus vs. Everton at AT&T Park on July 31 and Real Madrid vs. the Galaxy at University of Phoenix Stadium on Aug. 1. The other side has AC Milan vs. Valencia on July 27 at Estadio Mestalla in Spain and Chelsea vs. Inter Milan on Aug. 1 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

Semifinal matches are at Aug. 3 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles and MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., on Aug. 4.

Seventh and fifth-place matches will be played on Aug, 6, while the third-place and championship matches will be played on Aug. 7.

Together the eight teams have won 120 league titles, 20 European Champions league trophies. Real Madrid leads with 32 La Liga titles in Spain. The tournament also will feature 35 of the top 100 players in the world.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Phil Mickleson wins the British Open. Mickelson came into the final day down five and came out of it the winner by three.

Comment

• Mickelson - winner now of 5 majors - 3 Masters, 1 PGA, and 1 British Open. Plus 6 runner ups at US the Open. A very popular winner too.

When I watch these things it is usually to hope Tiger loses. No exception today.

Comment

• I was watching for the same reason, Doc.

The swoon of Tiger Woods for me, is akin to watching Michael Jordan launch an air ball.

Love it.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Something about Mickelson I like watching, I guess being a lefty and seems like a good guy also. The U S Open was very frustrating again this year, so this makes up for it. Same here about Woods.

Comment

• Beatriz and Paula got better cabooses.

Comment

• Originally posted by DennisT View Post
                                Beatriz and Paula got better cabooses.
                                Still watching Thomas The Tank Engine, Dennis? I confess that I occasionally catch an episode or two with my granddaughter, but she's just 4. What's your excuse?

Comment

Working...
                                X