No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What countries do you oppose allowing in immigrants from, if I may ask? Or require very tight restrictions at the least.
    I said neither. I would have more stringent procedures for folks coming from known supporters of terrorism. Saudi Arabia would be near the top of my list.

I am also in favor of regulations that incidentally disfavor third world shitholes. I'm more inclined to let in a trained, white collar worker.

I wouldn't treat them all countries the same. I'll leave that to you if you think that's the best and fairest way to proceed.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Of course I think it's great, but, again, I don't see the point in debates over values and ethics. Those are going to differ between us and we should just assume best intentions all around. If you want to stick to facts, go support your argument for "wholesale demographic change". Do it with facts, and not propaganda.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        I said neither. I would have more stringent procedures for folks coming from known supporters of terrorism. Saudi Arabia would be near the top of my list.

I am also in favor of regulations that incidentally disfavor third world shitholes. I'm more inclined to let in a trained, white collar worker.

I wouldn't treat them all countries the same. I'll leave that to you if you think that's the best and fairest way to proceed.
        Canada, that beacon on the hill, cherry picks the most qualified. We let in plenty of refugees too on a per-capita basis, but immigration is in large part a drive to bring in talent and capital. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Comment

• Jonah Goldberg on the Trump shark tank

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/823969737138905088[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/823977117557854208[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              Canada, that beacon on the hill, cherry picks the most qualified. We let in plenty of refugees too on a per-capita basis, but immigration is in large part a drive to bring in talent and capital. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Agreed. Try to move to the UK (now and pre EU) without a degree and a job. Difficult.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                In that case, I'll write some fake news about how unsatisfied your wife is with your love life and how you're a lazy gov't employee..
                Very unfair! entropy is going downhill as a poster!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  In the last 10 years we have added way more than 11 million immigrants to the country (both legal and illegal) and total US GDP has only grown by 2 trillion dollars.

Thanks for trying though.
                  Haha

No that is false, 11 million illegal mmigrants has been the estimate of currently living here. It peaked in 2007 around 12 million.

The study says if you deported them all, that is what would happen to the GDP.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Furthermore, some form of that is basically how it is now. It's easier to get a work visa if you're filling a need hard to fill with a US worker. I don't know that any country with immigrants knocking on the door is consciously looking to admit the least qualified, or consciously looking to dilute its native population, or whatever else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                      Very unfair! entropy is going downhill as a poster!

HA... well played
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• John Urschel, the Ravens player featured on NFL commercials playing a chess simul against kids and who played a blitz game (with odds) against the US Chess Champ, is a 1601 ELO with USCF.

A 1601 is a class C player. A decent local club member rating. It's like someone who shoots upper 80's in golf. It's just not commercial worthy. I mean, he's a wood-pushing patzer.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I am several orders of magnitude better than Urschel. I would mop the floor with him. It would be like someone who takes kickboxing class at the gym for cardio fighting Conor McGregor...wait. I sound jealous. Do I sound jealous?

Comment

• Save
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• AND Urschel is Canadian. That's even worse. Canadians aren't even real people. They are between Neanderthal and australopithecus. Canuckopthicus. NeaderCanuck. Something...

Comment

• I don't disagree, hack. That eventually gets to my larger point - if you support laws concerning immigration, then I don't think it's wrong to support enforcenent thereof. That said, I'd probably favor something more in line with entropy's middle proposal re paths and such.

Most importantly, Urschel is a two-bit patzer that couldn't earn wine money playing small children and sentient mammals. AA would beat him in 1 move. As white.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X