Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• So, with Flynn in the clear--as I expected, we get back to "campaign communications" that have been known for awhile. It would surprise me if the intelligence community just now figured out what was said as opposed to contemporaneously. If they knew contemporaneously then it would shock me if something damning was said and the Obama Administration did not release it.

I shall wait and see whilst DSL pulls the fire alarm and jumps out a second story window.
      Last edited by iam416; February 15, 2017, 09:15 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Flynn must have told the Fed's the truth.

Comment

• Or at least was truthful enough. And, of course, the truth wasn't unlawful.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            So, with Flynn in the clear--as I expected, we get back to "campaign communications" that have been known for awhile.
            In the clear insofar as he apparently didn't lie to the FBI and won't be prosecuted under the Logan Act, which no one expected anyways.

He's still being summoned to testify before a number of Congressional Committees and Congress wants the transcripts of his phone calls.

Comment

• Of course, with Comey, perhaps he reopens the case briefly!

Comment

• DSL:

Certainly there remains political risk and damage. It seems, however, that there isn't unlawful conduct at issue. Just unseemly, maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  The Scots can pick a fight or two...not quite as prestigious as the older branches of the Gaelic Family...the Irish, the Welsh, the ancient Britains, or the Tennesseans...but they manage
                  Despite a few misguided historians who got unwarranted press, the Scots WERE the first of the Gaelics.

Despite fighting...

They went on to invent penicillin, X-ray, the valve engine, discover Proxima Centauri, insulin, invent the telephone, and -most importantly- developed the delicious brown liquor, scotch.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Whatever the reason, the result is good, the dude was a whack job. Can the deep state conjure up crap on Bannon and Miller? Those guys are worse.

Comment

• I'd be fine with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Despite a few misguided historians who got unwarranted press, the Scots WERE the first of the Gaelics.

Despite fighting...

They went on to invent penicillin, X-ray, the valve engine, discover Proxima Centauri, insulin, invent the telephone, and -most importantly- developed the delicious brown liquor, scotch.
                        You can keep the Scotch.

My wife had a relative with a go to joke about bagpipes, she always said, "The Irish gave the Scots the bagpipes but they never got the joke."

The best 5 guys I've ever been to was in Glasgow.

Comment

• The English invented Scotch to keep the Scots drunk and more stupid. The Scots invented burning poop for heat, eating peat and mangling beautiful English into illiterate jibberish.

Comment

• Pick and choose the reason Trump seems so desperate to get on good with the Russians (speaking nearly no ill of them despite insulting everyone else in the world)

A) Pee Pee video (least likely, unfortunately)

B) Has personal business interests in Russia. Mafia style capitalism in Russia is right up Trump's alley

C) Trump admires "Strong Man" style leaders and views Putin as world's leader in that regard

D) Expects, maybe even WANTS, a military confrontation with Iran and wants to somehow sway Russia into our camp. Flynn is a rabid Iran hater; Bannon pretty anti-Muslim in a more general sense and inclined to think white people should band together against 'the enemy'. Trump not fully behind either man but possibly shares similar views.

E) Started off 18 months ago with one positive comment about Putin and since his ego refuses to acknowledge error, has only doubled down more and more ever since

F) Other?

Comment

• Aye, post and I may read it. At least for a while.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I read a while back that Scotland's supply of peat is actually running out, proving the existence of God for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                                X