No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talents' personal thought leader scolded for living in an intellectual bubble. Unsure what's with tweet embedding -- didn't that used to work? -- but click the link for a lol:

[ame]https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/839093593251926016[/ame]

Comment

• Heh. That twitter thing is good for comedy!

I do like Cooke, but not in the same way that DSL worships at the alter of Andrea Dworkin, Delray McKesson and Elton John.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DSL is a Noam Chomsky acolyte.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct. I apologize for my perjurious omission of "et al." from previous post.

Comment

• You are such a female!
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So dehumanizing.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                .......Look at how awful the left is!
                This is some discouraging shit if it is reflective of well healed 20 somethings attending university on their well healed parent's bank accounts.

I actually applied to this place in '65 but not for its liberalism; it was located minutes from the best skiing in Vermont.

I worry less about these spoiled children's actions than I do about feckless Middlebury faculty who need to crack some heads. My experience with this sort of violent protest is that administratrors won't act fearing being labeled as fascists disinterested in legal protest.

This is exactly my experience at Michigan when the SDS and Weathermen started crossing the line between legal protest and violence in '66. M's admin did nothing to stop it and more to protect and enourage it. At least the Middlebury violence isn't anything new. I'd argue the polarization among citizens today, represented by the Middlebury stuff, is much wider in scope than that represented by the protesting at M in the 60's.
                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 7, 2017, 09:46 AM.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Campus nonsense happens enough that it gets some traction, but mostly it's way to portray opponents as nincompoops and mock them as representatives.

The "protests" are odd -- I recently read a comment that they're distinctly "pro-culture" not counter culture. They seek, almost invariably, to shout down opinions that don't conform to their often strident PC views.

In any event, most of these kids will go on to live in their "wealthy bubble" and enter children-centric marriages and contribute positively to society as their ultra-prog views eventually give way to more mainstream liberalism. So, meh...whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    The most enlightening part of this whole affair has been that "probable cause", in this context, isn't even a speedbump. Whatever protection the process was designed to give private citizens from being spied on by their government doesn't work.
                    Actually if you believe the British reports, the FISA was more than a speedbump. It refused in the summer and it's unclear if anything was granted in October. Also, according to the reports they didn't involve wire tapping. It was about communications between a server in Trump Tower and some Russian banking servers.

Comment

• IMO what's going on on campuses is just one flavor of the same diet of ideas you could find anywhere. People have inserted themselves into all manner of bubbles on all sides. At least the kids have the excuse of being young and not knowing any better. The adults don't have that going for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Also, according to the reports they didn't involve wire tapping. It was about communications between a server in Trump Tower and some Russian banking servers.
                        Good job drawing an important distinction there. May not be just a matter of terminology?

Comment

• Mensch is really taking pains to point this out on twitter. It was about computer communications.

Even Mark Levin wouldn't say President Obama was involved in wire tapping. Trump is unable to grasp nuances or he denies that they exist.

Comment

• Talent's blatant thievery of the ideas of Neil A. Boortz. is both shameless and shocking.

Comment

• Ultimately, if anything ever comes out of this Russia business it won't be some smoking gun from a Trump phone line in Trump Tower, it will be uncovering money transfers. It will involve a mix of Michael Cohen, Felix Sater and/or Manafort.

Comment

• Of the issues DJT has raised so far, immigration and wire tapping in particular, they are demonstrable of how little he knows of the complexity of each.

It also demonstrates his capacity to act uniliterally, without a lot of thought, in dangerous ways. Even his supporters here voiced concerns about that prior to him assuming the presidency. Gingrich has opined that if he doesn't stop doing that, listen more to the people around him before speaking, he won't last through his first term.

At one point I thought to myself that his act was a cunning way to shape perceptions of his presidency and the steps he was taking. Right now, it looks to me, that he is the dangerous, unprepared to govern idiot many opposed to him believed he was.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X