Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Trump is the exact type of candidate Hanni thinks will secure victory for Republicans yet he's getting his brains beaten in.
    He isn't losing worse than McCain, despite having no advertising, no campaign apparatus, a completely fractured party, and the most openly partisan and hostile Liberal media that any candidate in the history of the country has ever faced. Under those conditions, McCain wouldn't have gotten 100 EVs.

Comment

• ....and just being the shittiest candidate in my lifetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
        ....and just being the shittiest candidate in my lifetime.
        Well, there is that.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• But other than that, POOR DONALD! Everything has just been stacked against him.

Comment

• Hanni has said George W. Bush was a bad candidate, Romney was bad, McCain was bad. It can't all be a PC conspiracy. That's 20 years of candidate.

Comment

• Hanni thinks everyone is bad in everything....besides Trump, where the inherited billionaire has everything stacked against him. Mind blowing.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Hanni has said George W. Bush was a bad candidate, Romney was bad, McCain was bad. It can't all be a PC conspiracy. That's 20 years of candidate.
                Well, Hanni says none of them were mean enough. Then along comes Donny, the biggest prick to ever be nominated, and...well he's getting routed by the Wicked Witch of the West.

Maybe its just Hanni's judgment that is bad?

Comment

• Hoss:
                  She asked the question of whether slavery might be re-instituted through the prism of McCain’s belief in strict Constitutionalism, i.e., at one point slavery was constitutionally allowed and now is not. Hence, the constitution can be changed, and thus a belief in a strict interpretation of it can be shortsighted.
                  All I can add to this is that the statement speaks for itself. Both Hoss and Whoopee need to be reminded that a war was fought and amendments were adopted by the constitutionally mandated process to ban slavery. This had little to do with "strict interpretation" or "living constitution". Shoot, nowdays the SC would just decide 5-4 that slavery violated some unknown constitutional right, and outlaw it.

Palin was initially popular, but she got butchered by the media, particularly SNL and Tina Faye. There was the fact that McCain had melanoma removed from his face, and Palin could easily have been President. Then figure in the financial mess, and McCain didn't have much of a chance. I voted for Obama.

Comment

• Fucking media again!!!!

Comment

• Brendan Dassey, who was convicted along with his uncle, Steven Avery, in the murder of Teresa Halbach, had that conviction overturned Friday by a federal magistrate judge in Milwaukee.

The shocking ruling, in a made famous in the Netflix series “Making A Murderer,” Prosecutors have 90 days to decide whether to retry Dassey, although an appeal could extend the proceedings.

Comment

• Bout time.

Comment

• I thought the turning point in the '08 election was during the financial crisis when McCain suggested suspending campaigning for a few days and Obama stayed cool and suggested the candidates just stay the course and let the existing government do their jobs.

Comment

• If no candidate's too good for Hannibal, maybe that's because the system he proposes isn't workable? Communism isn't feasible. The other end of the spectrum isn't feasible either. It's a type of utopia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              He isn't losing worse than McCain, despite having no advertising, no campaign apparatus, a completely fractured party, and the most openly partisan and hostile Liberal media that any candidate in the history of the country has ever faced. Under those conditions, McCain wouldn't have gotten 100 EVs.
                              He's losing significantly worse than McCain at least at this moment. To a worse Dem candidte.

And the conditions for a Republican victory are more favorable today than in 2008.

Comment

• Poor Donald Trump, he just never gets a fair shake. It's too bad that the system is rigged to an extent that he's not able to do advertising and have a sensible campaign apparatus to support his candidacy. Also, must be the media's fault that he's such an asshole that no one in his party wants to support him.

Comment

Working...
                                X