Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Also.. it's not about validity from our perspective. It's about validity from theirs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get that. But I think their perspective is based in fantasy land. When you have folks feeding that fantasy land (Fox, Trump, Republicans in general) how do you shake them out of it?

I guess that's why they are politicians and I am just a guy. They should be able to figure that out.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Trump returns to being an economic nationalist when visiting the Rust Belt

Blasts NAFTA as a complete disaster, attacks China for ripping us off, promises to force companies to "hire American" (while employing hundreds of immigrants at his own businesses), and attacks Canada for unfair dairy import duties.

Comment

• Impeach that bastard
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The disgusting feminazis with their political correctness bullshit may have cost us one of the alltime greats. SAD!

[ame]https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/854429608086691840[/ame]

Comment

• Please note that I didn't take the bait that DSL posted about Susan Rice. Not worth going into the weeds when the whole preposterous idea of Putin colluding with Trump is proven to be a sham. Trump has already been more hostile toward Russia than Obama ever was.
            Noted, Geezer.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also re the social/PC issues, it's not that Ds talk about minority issues. That's fine. It's that a certain segment of the party comes across as having utter contempt for flyover country/middle class white folks. SLF and his ilk can keep telling those folks in Portsmouth, Ohio how privileged they are, but they have no interest in that bullshit. They can see everything in terms of race and sex and gender and blame, blame and blame, and then act shocked when those they shit on have no interest in voting prog and feel like the progressives actively dislike them.

There's also zero question that the more you talk about race the more race becomes an issue. Progressives want to talk about race out the ass and that's fine. But if they're going to focus on people's difference people are going to start focusing on their differences.

Honestly, it makes no difference to me what the Ds do. I don't spend a great deal of time worrying about why AAs vote in a ginormous block even though they surely have diverse political and religious views. In fact, they are, as a community more religious than white folks. There's a huge swath of AAs that should pair up with other christians. Just as there are huge swaths of working class white folks that should pair off with other working class folks. It ain't happening, though. And I don't think the Ds care. They're content with what they have -- a fairly solid path to the Presidency and thus a stronghold on the courts. They know they're, at best, a small underdog in Congress and have been gutted at the state level. So be it, I think. I don't there's any fucking way they are taking any small step back to the middle. They will absolutely triple down on progressive policies. Is what it is.
              Last edited by iam416; April 18, 2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• I don't see things in terms of race and sex and gender, nor do I blame blame blame. With that said, I'm fine with addressing issues important to other groups than whites for a few minutes.

And white people are privileged in this Country. You have to look no further than the disparate treatment of the crack and oxy epidemics. One, it was all out war and superpredators. The other is a need for treatment.

Comment

• For Geezer-

More officials saying there's no scandal in anything Susan Rice 'unmasked'.

The bigger scandal is the coördinated effort to use the American intelligence services to manufacture an excuse for Trump’s wiretapping allegation.

Comment

• You can live in fantasy land all you want, SLF. I guess if you just read NYT or watch MSNBC or listen to Ds, that happens. But, your contempt is real.

Comment

• Nicely done, DSL.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        You can live in fantasy land all you want, SLF. I guess if you just read NYT or watch MSNBC or listen to Ds, that happens. But, your contempt is real.
                        I'm living in fantasy land, and have contempt for people because I recognize that white men (the ruling class for 250+ years in the country) might have some advantages over other similarly situated minorities? That's just common sense.

Comment

• Blame, blame, blame.

Comment

• More on O'Reilly and Fox. It looks like it really might be over. The past year at Fox may mark the end of an Era with both Ailes and O'Reilly forced out. In a sense, it's all thanks to Gretchen Carlson, of all people.

Fox News will no longer even respond to questions about whether Bill O'Reilly will return to his show.

Comment

• Troll, troll, troll.

Ha!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Blame, blame, blame.
                                Is this a characterization of how 'progs' think or the white working class who live in Scranton and Youngstown? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X