Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both, of course.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Blame, blame, blame.
      I wasn't even addressing any problem, how could I have been blaming anyone for anything?

CGVT is right.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Cool, man. Gave you benefit of doubt other day, but I gotcha.

Comment

• South Africa is a remarkably sick place, with its own twisted yet undeniable logic. You simply cannot expect people to be magnanimous to a group that systematically shit on them for decades. The people in charge of the place now are focused on getting theirs, because it's their turn. And that's their focus because that's what they have exposure to. Expecting people to rise above human history and become an entire population of Gandhi types just isn't going to happen.

It's an exceptionally sad place. Black people have it better there than almost every other African in most measurable areas, but for very logical reasons simply cannot see it that way. Johannesburg is the only place I have ever been to that is as dangerous as its reputation, but also flashes so much damn potential. But the country won't have a chance at normality until most adults alive today die and are replaced by people on both side who don't have so much baggage.
          Last edited by hack; April 18, 2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Hey, wait...a real post? Seems about right to me, hack.

Comment

• When the leader of the GOP is the Chief Birther he is surely talking about race even if it is in thinly veiled dog whistle language. I'm sure talent will counter he doesn't care about that, but a lot of people do and that was a draw. It's not that all GOP voters racist as talent has claimed I'm saying, far from it, but people are willing to accept some if it gets them a tax cut or a Neil Gorsuch.

Comment

• You're either a racist or condone a racist and either way you can burn in hell.

I'm familiar with the party line, froot.

Comment

• You're the one talking about one side talking about race. Birtherism is about race, there is no doubt it. It is pure and simple. You rarely heard people on the GOP side denounce Birtherism, why was that? It should have been quite easy for any generic GOP politician denounce the nonsense. He was born in Hawaii, end of story.

Comment

• froot:
                    You forgot another factor, Trump was the leader of the Birther movement. As your speaker post a few pages back, the Birther movement was very important to evangelicals.
                    As I've said even before the campaign, birtherism is plain nonsense. Barak Obama's birth announcement was published in the Honolulu paper two days after he was born. That seems to me to be either good evidence of being born in the US, or, in the alternative, a thorough and dastardly Russian plot to foist a commie President upon our country.

Birtherism doesn't make a pimple on a good worry's ass.

Comment

• At least you're fully on board with my statement re your party line, froot. As I said, progressives don't just want to talk about minority issues, they are actively contemptuous of white folks, at least those who don't acknowledge that everything they've ever accomplished is owed to the happenstance of their race. And they're shocked that "the deplorables" vote R.
                      Last edited by iam416; April 18, 2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• KidD:
                        I think, at least how I read it, what he's saying is that the Dems are so focused on the different minority groups and really speaking to them and their issues that the working white man's issues/grievances/concerns/whathaveyou are no longer being addressed by the party. They probably feel disenfranchised at the very least. At least that's my take on it.
                        well said

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          froot:

Birtherism doesn't make a pimple on a good worry's ass.
                          All the more puzzling why politicians didn't forcefully deny the nonsense, very few did. When asked the question if Obama was born in the US, they would hem and haw. why was that? It should have been the easiest thing a GOP politician could have said.

I appreciate that your claim you said that before the election, but you just posted an excerpt from a speech that DJT'S taxes are hidden in the same place where Obama's birth certificate, grades and financial aid for college was. Maybe you had a relapse.

Comment

• I don't see things in terms of race and sex and gender, nor do I blame blame blame. With that said, I'm fine with addressing issues important to other groups than whites for a few minutes.

And white people are privileged in this Country. You have to look no further than the disparate treatment of the crack and oxy epidemics. One, it was all out war and superpredators. The other is a need for treatment.
                            SLF, you are an absolute caricature of the progressive coastal liberal!

Talent:
                            ...And I don't think the Ds care. They're content with what they have -- a fairly solid path to the Presidency and thus a stronghold on the courts. They know they're, at best, a small underdog in Congress and have been gutted at the state level....
                            I agree with your whole post # 19506, but particularly this. The courts are the whole game (witness the travel bans). They have been for most of my lifetime, and it is getting more partisan, not less. Now with the Rs doing away with the filibuster, I think you will see younger and more strident people placed on the SC.
                            Last edited by Da Geezer; April 18, 2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              At least you're fully on board with my statement re your party line, froot. As I said, progressives don't just want to talk about minority issues, they are actively contemptuous of white folks, at least those who don't acknowledge that everything they've ever accomplished is owed to the happenstance of their race. And they're shocked that "the deplorables" vote R.
                              Who said this? It certainly wasn't me.

And clearly birtherism was stupid. Why was it so pervasive and why did DJT cling to it for so long?
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I appreciate that your claim you said that before the election, but you just posted an excerpt from a speech that DJT'S taxes are hidden in the same place where Obama's birth certificate, grades and financial aid for college was. Maybe you had a relapse.
                                Honestly, the forum had been dead for a couple of days and I only thought "well, this will get it going..." and it did. I view birtherism and "Trump and Putin colluded" as the exact same type of thing: nonsense designed to delegitimize a newly elected President.

Comment

Working...
                                X