No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btw... I'm not listing reasons why trump was elected. I'd agree with many of your points if we did. I've been talking about one group and their relationship to the D's.

Maybe that's the issue...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Anyways... good night. Thanks for the discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I've been reading some reviews of the book Shattered about the Hillary campaign. It was written by two pro-Hillary journalists. Their conclusion of why she lost was that 1) Hillary had no program to push, 2) Hillary messed up her campaign's roll-out, and 3) Hillary did not understand the populist upsurge that both Trump and Sanders rode.

Might be an educational book for those of you who maintain that Hillary had an issues-oriented campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          At least you're fully on board with my statement re your party line, froot. As I said, progressives don't just want to talk about minority issues, they are actively contemptuous of white folks, at least those who don't acknowledge that everything they've ever accomplished is owed to the happenstance of their race. And they're shocked that "the deplorables" vote R.
          Painting with a pretty broad brush there talent.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Schtick.

Comment

• Aaron Hernandez hanged himself overnight

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                A very large part of it was. Many people that voted for Hillary did it reluctantly. I also think that there were as many Anybody but Hillary voters as there were anti Trump voters.
                Agree to an extent, but lets not lose sight of the fact that she clobbered him in total votes. The rigidity of the electoral system- due to the extreme partisanship of today's political environment- mitigated that in regards to winning the EC, but in this broad context its relevant. Just as with other recent elections, 2016 hinged on a few percentage points in the handful of large purple states. This is what centuries of political bipolarity have wrought.

I used to think that we needed a viable third party to move politics forward in this country, but I don't anymore. Three would be an improvement, but now I think we need five to adequately diffuse power.

Comment

• Runoff in GA-6 will be interesting. Ossoff fell just a bit short of an outright win. Outperformed Hillary by about 1.5 points in each of the three counties that are in the District. And Hillary lost the District by less than 2%.

Naturally, Trump is painting this as a triumphant victory. Even though the Republican who came in 2nd was the one who made the most distance between herself and Trump. The candidate that most embraced Trump finished 4th

Comment

• He's bringing jobs back!

Comment

• hillary put flyover America last in her pecking order
                      farming churchgoing middle white America has been blamed for homophobic/muslim hating/environmental polluting/transvestitehating behavior for the last 8 years
                      throw in the fact that every program put forth by the past administration expanded government and pulled more dollars out of middle America to support those who wont work. 1/2 the country is basically supporting the other 1/2
                      trump won because the 1/2 that works or want to work outvoted those who had nothing else to do that day but vote and still couldn't muster the enthusiasm they had in 2008 and 2012 to get out and support their candidate
                      when the plight of the lbgt-q, illegal aliens, muslim African americans and criminals who dominate the headlines over the plight of the middle class working stiff, police officers, military etc middle America figured it out and showed up to make their voices heard.
                      wish it would have been somebody else to vote for but as someone said it was an antihillary vote more then a pro trump vote. she embodied much of what flyover America despised

Comment

• Buy some punctuation.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Gov. Cuomo somehow has gotten paid $780,000 in royalties for a memoir that has sold just 3200 copies

ALBANY – Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo reported his income last year more than doubled from the previous year, thanks to another round of royalty payments on a 2014 HarperCollins memoir

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                            hillary put flyover America last in her pecking order
                            farming churchgoing middle white America has been blamed for homophobic/muslim hating/environmental polluting/transvestitehating behavior for the last 8 years
                            throw in the fact that every program put forth by the past administration expanded government and pulled more dollars out of middle America to support those who wont work. 1/2 the country is basically supporting the other 1/2
                            trump won because the 1/2 that works or want to work outvoted those who had nothing else to do that day but vote and still couldn't muster the enthusiasm they had in 2008 and 2012 to get out and support their candidate
                            when the plight of the lbgt-q, illegal aliens, muslim African americans and criminals who dominate the headlines over the plight of the middle class working stiff, police officers, military etc middle America figured it out and showed up to make their voices heard.
                            wish it would have been somebody else to vote for but as someone said it was an antihillary vote more then a pro trump vote. she embodied much of what flyover America despised
                            ...and people wonder why she didn't campaign in flyover America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              From my experience living in in Wichita...the aircraft industry hires, fires, rehires and swaps employees like strip clubs.

Comment

• Apparently only 45% of the country works now, cuz that's the actual mandate Trump won.

Comment

Working...
                                X