No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Except one is stupid, and the other is the undisputed conclusion of the entire government.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The government has concluded DJT and Putin colluded? Lol.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Got me Talent! I obviously misread Geezers post and was talking about the fact that the Russians interfered and did so to help Trump.

I will say I haven't seen any evidence of collusion, but have seen plenty of suspsicious actions, including having a Russian agent on his staff, employing several folks with close ties to russia, having another advisor working with wikileaks (a Russian tool) and the near constant lying about connections with Russia. It's worth investigation to determine what the story is.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Agreed, get an independent counsel with subpoena power.

Comment

• "SEC football is sick. Black athletes not part of white identity. I would ban football.'

Richard Spencer

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              This. ^^^^ High paying, low skill jobs are not coming back no matter what any politician says.

Problem with agreeing to this is nobody is arguing that point. Every couple weeks we all agree those jobs are not returning. Doesn't change my point. And... The "their opinion is invalid" actually validates mine.

And for the record, I do believe politicians say a lot of things for votes. What they really will do is more difficult to determine. But I do know if you support the opposite opinion/position a group has, call them deplorable, and privileged when they can barely pay their bills... party lines will be crossed. Even if we agree on the realities of those jobs coming back, poking that base means to me you don't care about them. That is how they will feel. Alone. That's fine and might be a strategy... just saying it is what it is..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Last edited by entropy; April 18, 2017, 10:20 PM.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Trump is arguing the point, he's bringing back the coal jobs bigly. It was one of his promises. When you are talking about speaking to these voters, this is what you are talking about. He made the promise, it's a false promise, but he is talking to them.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Trump is arguing the point, he's bringing back the coal jobs bigly. It was one of his promises. When you are talking about speaking to these voters, this is what you are talking about. He made the promise, it's a false promise, but he is talking to them.

It's what trump is talking about... not me. I'm not trump

Comment

• But that "promise" is a big part of the attraction. It was instrumental in his election. Make "merica great again and all that...

Isn't that what we were talking about?
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I wasn't... others might have been. I was thinking more about what I continually repost.

Comment

As for the promise.. I'm sure it impacted votes. There are a lot of desperate people who want hope and Hillary provided none.

But I'm not saying Hillary needed to make promises.... if that is what people are reading into what I've typed. Instead what I'm saying is that voting block either matters or it doesn't. If you don't make that a large portion of your campaign.. their needs... then they didn't matter. D's care about progressive policy. That's ok. Trump took advantage of it.

Last edited by entropy; April 18, 2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• WTF? There was a series of posts about why people voted for Trump and what the mindset was of those people? You were involved in that conversation.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I would expect that if the guy elected President is making these promises, that is what you are talking about when they are talking to those voters and the Democrats are ignoring. If we have to ignore the Birtherism and outlandish promises, maybe they just like Red Hats in flyover country.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              WTF? There was a series of posts about why people voted for Trump and what the mindset was of those people? You were involved in that conversation.

Today? I don't think I typed that. Wasn't the point I was making initially..

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                                another question talent.. is do they trust the Dem's anymore?

My first post on the topic today

Comment

Working...
                                X