No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mueller's investigation is going to have a long way to determining if these are impeachable. In the meantime, I suspect Trump will throw as many people as he can to save his ass.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Could not disagree more, Jeff. Corruption pervades, and expecting good policy out of a bad environment is foolish, IMO. That's why I liked Lawrence Lessig over Bernie Sanders. Lessig gets it -- do nothing until you address money in politics. Once you have done so, you can do a better job with all those other things. In health care, for example, we have reps who pretended to be concerned about Price's insider trading and once the conformation hearing was over went and aped Price's behavior exactly. Just happened; no accountability. And you want to put them in charge of a massive legislative overhaul? You'll just be giving them new opportunities. IMO, do nothing. Any group will do better after they see the heads of several dozen others roll.

I think we are an an inflection point here. Trump is so unabashedly open to using the office to enrich himself. Has no morals or shame. He is probably going to have a firecracker of a political life, but there are DC careerists who are watching to see whether people know and/or care. Like the reps who pretended to be concerned about Price's insider trading and then did the same thing themselves.

From here, the level of corruption is either going to take a big step up or a big step down. It's up to voters to decide.
      Last edited by hack; June 12, 2017, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• You mean the same voters that installed Chump? The same voters that support him no matter what? The same extreme partisan voters that would vote for Pol Pot if he were leading the ticket? Right now we have two political parties that act like it's North Korea. Parties where their guy is God and they all live in some alternate reality where dissent is madness and truth is whatever Supreme Leader says it is. Until we lose the partisan bullshit, corruption won't be touched. Just look at the last 8 1/2 years. Obama gets elected and rather than seize an opportunity for real change, the GOP announced a policy of opposing the President on all things, at all costs, in order to be partisan in the extreme. So we had 8 years of completely unnecessary stagnation and obstruction, including the Great Recession. Now we have the Dems doing exactly the same thing as the party not in the WH. Until we horsewhip politicians into acting like adults, this toxic environment is going to continue with corruption getting worse.

Can we have the giant meteor now? Please? Just take out DC (well, maybe not the Smithsonian) and our country improves.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Today is the 50th anniversary of interracial marriage becoming legal everywhere. 50 years ago before the Supreme Court ruling, it was still illegal in 16 states.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
            Until we horsewhip politicians into acting like adults, this toxic environment is going to continue with corruption getting worse.
            I don't blame the politicians. I blame the us; the voters. We act children and vote for people who behave the same. Why on earth should we expect anything but exactly what we have?

The only feasible solution I see is a fracturing of the party system, which will force coalitions, and hence governance, to occur.

Comment

• I was noticing signs of this too...Trump allies are laying seeds among the base for his eventual firing of Robert Mueller. Because Comey 'exonerated' Trump, the entire Russia investigation should be immediately shut down. Voices for this growing louder

[ame]https://twitter.com/fordm/status/874234381484929024[/ame]

Comment

• Republicans were always going to engage in a discrediting campaign against Mueller or whomever was named as special counsel, even if it was Jesus Christ himself. The Ds would be doing the same thing...its smart politics.

Comment

• I blame Hoss.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Always a defensible call in a pinch imo.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Newt is particularly shameless

[ame]https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/874267749408813056[/ame]

Comment

• I don't trust DSL.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Another Appeals court (the 9th this time) strikes down Trump's travel ban

Another federal court has ruled against President Donald Trump’s revised executive order limiting travel from six predominately Muslim countries – and like other courts, used his tweets against him.

Comment

• Trump holds first full Cabinet meeting. Praises self then goes around the table to ask what everyone likes most about him

“We thank you for the opportunity and blessing . . . to serve your agenda,” White House chief of staff Reince Priebus said in remarks that were echoed by other senior members of the administration.

Tom Price, the secretary of health and human services, also lavished Trump with praise, saying “what an incredible honor it is” to lead his department “at this pivotal time under your leadership.”

“I can't thank you enough for the privileges you've given me and the leadership that you've shown,” Price said

“We thank you for the opportunity and blessing. . .to serve your agenda,” White House chief of staff Reince Priebus said in remarks that were echoed by other senior members of the administration.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong. If the special council finds reasons to proceed to impeachment id support that process. That does not mean I'll like the spectacle and all the damage it will do.

If Trump removes the special council, there's Congressional precedent to move to impeach. I would guess if an impeachment process is undertaken, Trump, unlike Nixon, will fight it all the way. Minimum of 3y of disgraceful disengagement from governance.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The more this administration is bogged down and distracted by non-governance issues, the better off we'll be IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X