Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Sway>Wild Horses>Cant You Hear Me Knocking. That's 20 minutes of perfection even before you get to Dead Flowers.

Some Girls is underrated.
    Yep
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Exile IS a slog. It's awfully hard to think of a double album that wouldn't benefit from being shorter.
      Correct, although I must say Physical Graffiti is my favorite Zeppelin album.

Comment

• Oh god, Zepp? that's like a bat signal for crashcourse.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Correct, although I must say Physical Graffiti is my favorite Zeppelin album.
          Boogie With Stu is charming but unnecessary. Start there. Few other easy outs tho. Exile is easier to pare down.

Comment

• I've been working through the Tom Petty documentary on Netflix, there's a good section on when they recorded Southern Accents. Petty and Mike Campbell decided to produce it themselves as a double album. They had a pile of money and drugs, they got nowhere. Petty wrecks his hand in a fit of rage. Eventually they bring back Jimmy Iovine who informs them that they do not have a double album.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I've been working through the Tom Petty documentary on Netflix, there's a good section on when they recorded Southern Accents. Petty and Mike Campbell decided to produce it themselves as a double album. They had a pile of money and drugs, they got nowhere. Petty wrecks his hand in a fit of rage. Eventually they bring back Jimmy Iovine who informs them that they do not have a double album.

Comment

• I need to watch that asap

Comment

• Turning it on now, I have a meeting at 7:00PM

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Once the realization that poltical discussions on message boards will never, ever bear fruit, the futility of your wasted time hits you like a Uzbek driving a Home Depot rental truck (too soon?) and you relegate your conversations on such threads to which is the best hotsauce (traditional Tabasco), the best Stones' album (not including greatest hits compilations- "Beggars Banquet"), and who are the finest people in the world (Scots).

Until this cold epiphany slaps you down and cradles your bruised and bleeding face betwixt its bony fingers, you are doomed -DOOMED- to roll out Sisyphean post after Sisyphean post while the gods above bellow thunderous laughter at your fool's errand.

That said, let me unequivocally say this: Shostakovich was a shitty composer.
                    Despicable calumny

Comment

• Also, Exile is consistently good but has maybe but one of the alltime great songs on it. But for how long it is, it's very, very good.

Let It Bleed nudges out Beggar's IMO.

Just because you spent countless 2 AM's crying in your dorm room while listening to Angie is no reason to suggest Goat Head's Soup. Good Gawd.

Comment

• Ahh, the Shostakovich sycophant returneth...
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Also, Geezer hasn't bought an album since Tommy Dorsey started getting "too commie" for his tastes.

Comment

• Comment

• "Leningrad"? How appropriate, comrade.

Comment

• Sssshh, ssssh, save it for the meeting, comrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X