No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human rotunda that Trump has selected to closely monitor America's food sounds like quite the generic right-wing radio host

Donald Trump’s nominee to be the chief scientist for the Department of Agriculture, Sam Clovis, wrote in a 2011 newsletter that progressives, through the public school system, have been “indoctrinating children” with concepts he said are contrary to America’s founding, including environmentalism and racism.

Comment

• Turmoil inside the Wall Street Journal as the newsroom feels the editorial board has gone completely nuts in its devotion to Trump

There was a similar story about Fox a couple days ago, about how the hard news team at Fox is increasingly dismayed by the opinion side. I'd guess one of the people quoted in it was Shep Smith.

In contrast with CNN and MSNBC, which aired non-stop rolling coverage throughout the day, Fox News found plenty of time to cover other topics, like the NFL protests, North Korea, and tax reform.

As the Vanity Fair piece notes, the opinion/infotainment side of Murdoch's media outlets have been completely turned over to Trump worship at this point. Hard news teams, even within the same organization, feel under attack and undermined by their own colleagues. It's as if the editorial board of the Wall Street Journal doesn't read or doesn't believe what their own reporters are writing.
      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 1, 2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Just because you spent countless 2 AM's crying in your dorm room while listening to Angie is no reason to suggest Goat Head's Soup. Good Gawd.
        LOL!!! That was my friend Brian for about a week in my dorm room. All the dreams we held so close.

Comment

• Strangelove 2, AlabamAlum 0.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Our mail finally arrived, about 5 hrs late, and all the mailboxes on our street are open. Basically the person opened up the mailboxes, shoved in the mail and drove off. Glad it?s not windy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Wrong thread.

Comment

• We got some mail today too.

Comment

• There's a mail thread?
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Maybe there needs to be one. Did anyone else get mail too?

Comment

• There's no mail thread, but there's a male in entropy's slot.

Comment

• There is no right thread. Or forum. It camouflages DSL's merciless upbraiding of AA.

Comment

• lol
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• OK I give up. How do I link to a fucking tweet?
                            Last edited by hack; November 1, 2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Also, Geezer hasn't bought an album since Tommy Dorsey started getting "too commie" for his tastes.
                              heh.

The last album I bought was the Beatles album that if you played it backward you supposedly could hear someone whisper "John is Dead". It had the four Beatles crossing a street on the cover. I couldn't hear shit turning the turntable counter-clockwise, and they wouldn't take it back because it turns out that it gouges the plastic to turn it in the wrong direction. Turned out about like my Enron stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                OK I give up. How do I link to a fucking tweet?
                                Just copy and post the web link For the one below I used:

(No quotation marks, obviously)

"https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/925534445393928199"

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/925534445393928199[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X