No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trump administration released a dire scientific report Friday detailing the growing threats of climate change. The report stands in stark contrast to the administration?s efforts to downplay humans? role in global warming, withdraw from an international climate accord and reverse Obama-era policies aimed at curbing America?s greenhouse-gas output.

The White House did not seek to prevent the release of the government?s National Climate Assessment, which is mandated by law, despite the fact that its findings sharply contradict the administration?s policies. The report affirms that climate change is driven almost entirely by human action, warns of potential sea level rise as high as 8 feet by the year 2100, and enumerates myriad climate-related damages across the United States that are already occurring due to 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit of global warming since 1900.

?It is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century,? the document reports. ?For the warming over the last century, there is no convincing alternative explanation supported by the extent of the observational evidence.?
    Of course, none of this is remotely true if you consider current observations, or at least its truth is about to exit a 5% confidence interval. All this shows is the operation of the deep state is unaffected by the Trump Presidency. What irritates folks like myself who have actual knowledge of statistics, is when this nonsense is beginning to be shown to be just that, nonsense, the Greens will claim that they saved us from the apocalypse. Just remember that the planet and the sun are a lot more significant than "human merely beings". Around 1000 Vikings were producing wine in Vinland ( Nova Scotia) and Greenland was indeed green. We are coming out of the Little Ice Age, nothing more.

Guest post by David Middleton There has been some recent “buzz” about the upcoming Fourth National Climate Assessment (NC4), including some moonbat conspiracy theories that the Trump ad…

Comment

• You can choose to believe a mammoth, detailed report involving hundreds of scientists.

Or you can believe Geezer's 200-word blog post from August written by an ex-tv weatherman on a website that gave me a virus warning.

Comment

• Has either Geezer or Kapture commented yet on Robert Mercer calling Milo an evil, despicable individual, who he wants nothing to do with in the future and regrets ever funding him?

Robert Mercer = cuck? Robert Mercer = sellout? What's it gonna be, gents?

Comment

• Its not gonna be goddamn liver and onions, I can guaranteed you much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            You can choose to believe a mammoth, detailed report involving hundreds of scientists.

Or you can believe Geezer's 200-word blog post from August written by an ex-tv weatherman on a website that gave me a virus warning.
            "What'supwiththat" doesn't cut it for You?

Comment

• Its not gonna be goddamn liver and onions, I can guaranteed you much.
              One of the few foods ill take a pass, that and seafood.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                One of the few foods ill take a pass, that and seafood.
                No seafood?

You are dead to me.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Nothing is better than liver and onions washed down with a nice crisp Pilsner
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• cod or salmon once in a while

Comment

• A plate full of heaven

Fried Walleye

Comment

• Has either Geezer or Kapture commented yet on Robert Mercer calling Milo an evil, despicable individual, who he wants nothing to do with in the future and regrets ever funding him?

Robert Mercer = cuck? Robert Mercer = sellout? What's it gonna be, gents?
                        I had to google Robert Mercer to figure out who you are talking about. My reply is "who gives a rat's ass about Robert Mercer"

Strangelove, you really need to get a job or a hobby so that you don't obsess over people most other folks have never heard of.

Comment

• Comment

• Just got a McRib on the way home from our first soccer game. Heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              I had to google Robert Mercer to figure out who you are talking about. My reply is "who gives a rat's ass about Robert Mercer"

Strangelove, you really need to get a job or a hobby so that you don't obsess over people most other folks have never heard of.
                              He's the benefactor that's been keeping all your favorite information sources afloat all these years. I would've thought you would be more informed. Ah well.

Comment

• Probably not surprising that most colleges and universities oppose the Republican tax plan (taxing endowment funds is one of its offsets for corporate tax cuts).

However the bill also taxes tuition waivers for the first time. Schools often grant tuition waivers to grad students if they work as a research assistant or teaching assistant. The Republican bill wants to treat that as 'income'.

Comment

Working...
                                X