No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you know just getting clued in that Facebook is bad? Check out Facebook in Myanmar

Comment

• I didn't know it was that bad

Comment

• I wish someone would try to invade my home. I have 2,200 rounds of target ammo that is getting a bit out of date.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          ...........One theory that's been proposed is that the ballot design made the Senate race hard to find and lots of people skipped it. If that's the case, there's nothing anyone can do.......
          I early voted in Broward County. The Senate candidates section for Nelson and Scott was at the top left corner of the ballot. Couldn't miss it.

Broward uses a paper ballot that you mark your selections manually. It was FIVE pages long FRONT and BACK. Each page had 2 columns. All the candidates came first; after that there were 12 Constitutional Amendments - each one had an explanation of what it was all about. Following those, Broward County had 10 ballot initiatives. Each one of them had a description. 5 were taxing issues, 5 were housekeeping issues.

You can't vote straight party on this particular ballot. Each candidate has to be marked separately. It's an unwieldy ballot for sure but not hard to complete.

Amendments were cleverly worded by the drafters. Adds for or against various amendments that appeared on TV leading up to election day were mostly misleading as to the implications of the amendment. For example, the one that was a vote for or against dog track betting featured pictures of dogs getting hurt during races and urged voters to end the cruelty to animals. Another failed to point out that about 2.5 million in tax revenues would be lost if betting on dog racing ended. The dog racing initiative, and another one like it involving gambling - were initiated by anti-gambling lobbyists.

There were plenty of unbiased, on-line resources to review the ballot and study each candidate, each amendment and each Broward County initiative. I downloaded a sample ballot and after I understood each Amendment and what I was voting for with a yes or no vote, I marked the sample ballot and had it present in the booth I used to vote. I'm pretty sure my voting prep was not representative of the norm....... dog racing, a huge source of tax revenue that benefited FL schools, was ended by Constitutional Amendment. Smacks of the stupidity of the 21st A banning the sale of alcohol.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            I wish someone would try to invade my home. I have 2,200 rounds of target ammo that is getting a bit out of date.
            You need a good bump stock then. Once that fucking intruder crossed the door step just start loading clips and firing away. Glorious.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Nah. No need for a bump.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Jeff

Interesting. Are ballots uniform across the entire county?

The map below shows that while 3.7% of Broward's voters left their Senate choice blank, no other county in the state had higher than 1%. It seems unlikely that Broward's voters would be so different as to simply not care about that race to a far greater extent than anywhere else. So that's why the two thoughts were: A) The ballot confused people in which case there's nothing that can be done B) There's a tabulations error somewhere and there's votes that haven't been properly counted.

Drgn98tUUAAX1Bw.jpg

Comment

• Jeff- In the photos of ballots ive seen posted online, the Senate section was more in the bottom left corner, below the instructions

Comment

• either the people in charge of Broward County are fucking retarded or fucking corrupt.

pick one. hell, pick both. but it isn't neither.

Comment

• You know, I'm not sure about ballot uniformity. It seems likely though as each county is going to have different local candidates and issue votes that probably change the formats. It shouldn't and I think ballot uniformity has come up as an issue in the past.

In Broward, the Seante candidates were definitely on the first page, top left hand corner. The thing looked organized in the order of position importance ..... Federal Senate candidates, Precinct candidates for federal house seats, Governor, elected state officials (e.g. Ag, Sec State), Judgeships, the rest of the peons, then all the state Amendments and local ballot issues.

I'll add, the ballot I down-loaded on line looked exactly like the official ballot I used at my precinct early voting center.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 8, 2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Jeff

This is the picture of a ballot going around. Most of the far left column is the instructions; the Senate race is right below those.

I dunno. Either way it's odd and it doesn't seem plausible that one county in all of Florida purposely decided to abstain from the Senate election far more than anywhere else.

Drfn0MPV4AAzlvk.jpg

Comment

• Arizona counted a lot of mail-votes today and Sinema now leads by about 9,000 votes

Maricopa County says they still have almost 350,000 vote to count (Sinema +2.5)

The only other significant counties with 10,000+ votes remaining are:

Pima: ~ 50,000 (Sinema +13)
                          Pinal: ~ 30,000 (McSally +14)
                          Coconino: ~10,000 (Sinema +26)

About 20,000 votes in the rest of the state combined

Haven't seen anyone with a breakdown of where the Maricopa votes are located. Generally speaking the closer to downtown Phoenix you are, the more votes for Sinema. Lot of the outer burbs are heavily for McSally.

Comment

• And Rick Scott's lead down to 15,600 now

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; November 8, 2018, 08:55 PM.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Get Kobach on this Broward stuff. Man has a nose for fraud. He'll find the culprits quicker than you can say 'scooby doo'

Comment

Working...
                                X