No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue0hcnj0x11.jpg?width=960&auto=webp&s=f8ad62389e28b998157c18e31b1dfe0c7d7ca006.jpg

Comment

• Arguing about Acosta is just dancing for the organ grinder.

Comment

• Who could be realistically nominated as Speaker of the House, other than Pelosi? The last time she was challenged, she went on a very personal revenge tour, removing opponents from committee chairs and basically implementing a scorched earth policy as a lesson to others. Skilled at legislative maneuvering, none the less, she is a world class bitch. She is as personally repellent as Ted Cruz and as infantile as Putin's cock holster. The Dems MUST find an alternative. Pelosi is so toxic that even wants her as speaker. Nothing would please the Trumpian base more than to have the GOP bogey(wo)man back in place as a convenient scapegoat for their own failures and deficiencies.

"In all fairness, Nancy Pelosi deserves to be chosen Speaker of the House by the Democrats," the Orange Douche Bag wrote on Twitter. "If they give her a hard time, perhaps we will add some Republican votes. She has earned this great honor!"

In all seriousness, the House needs a non-flammable Speaker. We have a president whose personal honor and trustworthiness rates significantly below that of pedophiles, a spineless GOP that continues to enable the president by going into the Sgt Schultz mode of "I zee nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing!", and democrats disorganized with agendas and seemingly too incompetent to form a cohesive and unified opposition.

Isn't there a member of the House worthy of the title Speaker?
        Last edited by Ghengis Jon; November 8, 2018, 06:35 AM.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Yep. The Dems don't get it. Pelosi is as hated as Hillary and will be a perfect foil.

It is the same as the bringing in Oprah to campaign in Georgia for Abrams. She is another polarizing figure. Her getting involved, I imagine, brought out as many people to vote against Abram as for, especially in a state as redneck as Georgia.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• if the dems think they're getting rid of Pelosi, they have another thing coming. probably see her get Republican votes lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Yep. The Dems don't get it. Pelosi is as hated as Hillary and will be a perfect foil.

It is the same as the bringing in Oprah to campaign in Georgia for Abrams. She is another polarizing figure. Her getting involved, I imagine, brought out as many people to vote against Abram as for, especially in a state as redneck as Georgia.
              Probably accurate ........ Abrams has not yet conceded although when the votes are all counted, as she is pinning her hopes on for a run-off, Kemp is going to retain his 51%.

The local feel here in Atlanta was that this was a contest between a black and white candidate with the thought of a black women governing a white nationalist state unthinkable. There is no question that overt racism is still present in Georgia. Covert racism thrives. It's sickening.

Conspiracy theories abound regarding Kemp's role in the election as Secretary of State. On election day, one of the lead stories described a voting station in a Fulton County precinct that had 3 voting booths to serve black folks who had been standing in line for up to 3 hours to vote. The response from election officials was that "they had underestimated the number of voters." Jesse Jackson made an appearance and noted that this was nothing more than an attempt to discourage the black vote. A few hours later, 6 more voting booths arrived.

I don't think there is any question that a recount is going to happen as the loser will challenge the outcome in the courts.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Might be a good time to revisit that last Rasmussen poll that claimed Republicans were ahead on the generic ballot and that they actually win the popular vote. Dems are ahead by 6 million votes in the House and could push that to 8 million by the time things are fully counted.

So to repeat, Rasmussen is NOT the most accurate pollster.

Comment

• I leave for the night on a high note. Marbury, Wickard, Roberts, Froot making good points...and then it turns into that shitshow about Acosta? Trump is gonna Trump and Acosta is a tool. Acosta la vista, BABY! WooOOOOT!

Thankfully, Jon brought it back to something of some value. But, unfortunately for him, there's no getting rid of Pelosi. I think she'll have a working majority of about 230 (+12) so she can afford to let a few defect.But there's no way the Ds are unseating her. The Rs will not vote for her, though. They want to force as many Ds as they can to cast that vote. It may not matter for 90% of them, but they just flipped dozens of seats and I can guarantee you that it does matter in more than 12 of those districts.So, why let the Ds off the hook? Make them vote for Pelosi.

In Georgia, Abrams lost. It'd take a small miracle for her to even force a runoff, which she'd lose again.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Might be a good time to revisit that last Rasmussen poll that claimed Republicans were ahead on the generic ballot and that they actually win the popular vote. Dems are ahead by 6 million votes in the House and could push that to 8 million by the time things are fully counted.

Well, let's take a looksy at the other polls, shall we? The final CNN (rated A- by 538!!!) had the Ds up 13! Quinippiac (A-) had Nelson winning Florida by SEVEN and Gillum by 7. Marist (A!) had Nelson by 5, Gillum by 4 and McCaskill WINNING by 3-4. CNN had Blackburn by 1.

I could go on. Rasmussen is clearly a R-leaning poll and 538 adjusts the numbers accordingly. The best thing Rasmussen does is that they poll every day so it has pretty high tracking value once you set the proper baseline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Might be a good time to revisit that last Rasmussen poll that claimed Republicans were ahead on the generic ballot and that they actually win the popular vote. Dems are ahead by 6 million votes in the House and could push that to 8 million by the time things are fully counted.

Neither were any of the pollsters that had James down by double digits.
                      Last edited by Kapture1; November 8, 2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Well, let's take a looksy at the other polls, shall we? The final CNN (rated A- by 538!!!) had the Ds up 13! Quinippiac (A-) had Nelson winning Florida by SEVEN and Gillum by 7. Marist (A!) had Nelson by 5, Gillum by 4 and McCaskill WINNING by 3-4. CNN had Blackburn by 1.

I could go on. Rasmussen is clearly a R-leaning poll and 538 adjusts the numbers accordingly. The best thing Rasmussen does is that they poll every day so it has pretty high tracking value once you set the proper baseline.
                        Nate Silver is the one who I saw was pointing this out just this morning. In fact he said that no other poll shows such consistent skewing towards one party than Rasmussen. Sometimes, if the R turns out to win, they get it right (2016). Sometimes they are waaaaaay off (2012 and 2018).

"But most of the time they're one of the worst polls" -- Nate Silver.

Comment

• Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, was hospitalized after she fractured three ribs in a fall at her office.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              I....So, why let the Ds off the hook? Make them vote for Pelosi.....
                              NO. I want politicians to put country above party. On both sides of the fucking aisle.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Yeah, and I want Ohio State to beat M on the 24th. Politicians not being politicians is only slightly more unlikely than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X