Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His chances are better than 5%.

Comment

• Something racsim something something racist something something.

Comment

• Just for fun, I challenge all the progs on this site to go one week without using the word racist. If you get constipated, take Ex-Lax.

Comment

• To get back to AA's point a bit...

I work out in rural Ohio quite a bit. I used to work in Monroe County a lot but now I'm doing more in Harrison County. Monroe County was a rough place. Harrison County is a rough place. Two generations ago coal mining was big business but that's long gone. Nothing replaced it. Cadiz is the county seat. The pitiful town square around the courthouse in the middle of town is surrounded by dilapidated empty storefronts and a few struggling local businesses. Just down the street is a big, impressive church that was foreclosed on when the congregation grew too small to keep up the bills. An entrepreneur bought it a few years ago and tried to convert it into a restaurant. The business failed and the church sits empty again.

Cadiz was the birthplace of Clark Gable over 100 years ago and the town desperately tries to attract tourists to his boyhood home, but the time for that is long past and most Clark Gable fans are as dead as he is. The County has a drug problem, an unemployment problem, and the population has been consistently shrinking since 1940. For a while the town was completely without a grocery store. You'd have to drive 30-45 minutes just to find credible grocery store or even a Wal-Mart. I've noticed over the years that there's a version of urban renewal going on and sometimes when I visit I'll notice an old historic building or home (ones very neglected over time) has been reduced to rubble. There's one just like that across from the courthouse. A former four-story office building, the kind you see in small midwest towns everywhere, is now an empty lot of gravel and sporadic grass.

Imagine if I walked into the Treasurer's Office and said the following:

"Yeah, I need some help, if you don't mind, but first let me get this off my chest. This place is a shithole. An utter shithole. No human being wants to live here. Garbage is everywhere and the rats! Don't get me started on the rats! What a shitty place. Now, if you don't mind helping me..."

Now according to some here, the Treasurer's reaction should be to break into an enormous smile and praise me for my honesty, my incredibly informed opinion, and my well-conceived constructive criticism. But I'm guessing her reaction would be somewhat different.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Uh huh.

Hey That David Simon guy, the one who created your most favorite TV show ever and is the source of most of your knowledge of West Baltimore? He's been blasting Trump cockgobblers for the past 48 hours

Comment

Comment

Comment

• I didn't call it a shithole but I said lots of Baltimore is "pretty bad" in my very first comment on what Trump said yesterday.

I'll chalk this up to you forgetting your reading glasses, old man

Comment

Comment

• Once upon a time, Trump believed Baltimore's problems were a direct result of the President's failures.In fact, he predicted he'd solve Baltimore's problems fast.

He's such a courageous truth-teller!!!

EAjwgjvXoAAQuHH.jpg
                        EAjwhHkX4AIo-kR.jpg

Comment

• Well, that was plainly wrong. Baltimore has no problems. #StayWoke
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Well, that was plainly wrong. Baltimore has no problems. #StayWoke
                            Your present alliance with Kapture in the Culture Wars is going to get really interesting (and potentially awkward) when Roy Moore wins the Republican nomination and you're forced to choose between siding with us progs or a guy that thinks there's nothing wrong with a 35-year-old man cruising the mall for 9th graders.

Comment

Comment

• Minor note, and speaking strictly politics, Trump's feud with Cummings is unlikely to get a parade of Republican troops behind him in the same way the Squad would. Even a lot of Dems find the Squad obnoxious. But Cummings is well-liked and respected, even among Republicans, from everything I've read.

Comment

Working...
                                X