No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Swedish Ambassador attempts to explain that, actually, we cannot release someone from jail just because the President of the United States demands that we do so.

5 minutes away from...the Swedish Ambassador is very pompous and nobody likes her parties and we'll not be working with her ANY MORE! TOTAL DISGRACE!

Comment

• I'm not making an attempt to learn who ASAP Rocky is no matter what.

Comment

• Getting harder and harder to avoid thinking Epstein had something on Les Wexner. Epstein basically had complete control over his fortune for most of 20 years

Comment

• I rather enjoyed this article from David French on "Conservative Climate Policy" -- https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...-climate-hope/

First, I smiled at the notion of "birth striker." If those morons want to voluntarily cease reproduction, then godspeed.

Second, it pointed me to the paper by Nordhaus (https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/07/20...nly-way-to-go/), which I enjoyed. He advocates for "quite climate policy" --

Quiet climate policy, by contrast, is the art of the possible, focused on reducing the costs of action, disentangling climate policy from the ideological disputes and electoral calculations that drive the national political conversation, and lowering the political threshold for meaningful action. The solution it offers may be rather less satisfying. But it is also likely to accomplish far more than any of the alternatives.
          He does mention substantive policies before that concluding paragraph of sentiment.

However, he recognizes that:

Unfortunately, quiet climate policy presently serves the broader political and institutional needs of almost none of the parties involved.
          Word.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• An oldie but a goodie from Kevin Williamson: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...-d-williamson/

Comment

• https://www.wsj.com/articles/economi...ow-11564144200

Comment

• LOL at Russia still subverting our democracy. The insidious conspiracy lives on!

Comment

• Also in Q2 business investment was -0.6%. Business investment is contracting. Just 18 months after the biggest corporate tax cuts in history. Hard to not believe that the Trade wars are having a very significant impact. Business does not like uncertainty.

Comment

• Comment

• You're beating this to death. The board can feel your exhilaration.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        You're beating this to death. The board can feel your exhilaration.

Comment

• Comment

• To paraphrase Ricky Gervais, I can't believe we live in such a bigoted world that a woman can't have her hairy balls waxed.

Comment

• heh
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A glimmer of hope from the GOP - it was a Repub disgusted with Trump that created the faux presidential seal Dear Leader stood before.

The mock presidential seal that President Donald Trump stood before at a meeting of young Republicans this week was created by a graphic designer in Virginia.

image_7266.jpg
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X