No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day wasn't totally worthless but my general impression (having only seen/heard clips) is that Mueller was awful in the Judiciary hearing and was a lot better after lunch for the Intel hearing. At least in part that's probably because he was extremely uncomfortable talking about the Obstruction stuff, maybe didn't even know it that well, but felt much more strongly about Part I of the report and Russian interference.

Comment

• The only take away I saw was when Mueller "generally agreed" that Trump was not truthful in some of his written responses. Was that a sworn statement? Was that Trump just being Liar Don or was it perjury?
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So to bring up other counties in Michigan that swung away from the Republicans in 2018...

There were only 8 counties in Michigan that voted for Clinton in 2016:

Wayne, Oakland, & Washtenaw (Detroit/Ann Arbor)
        Ingham (Lansing)
        Genesee (Flint)
        Kalamazoo
        Muskegon
        Marquette

Whitmer and Stabenow carried all of those counties plus additional ones that had voted for Trump in 2016. Two counties went for Whitmer but not Stabenow: Bay (Bay City) & Clinton (Lansing suburbs)

Another seven voted for both Whitmer & Stabenow, but Trump in 2016:

Macomb (Detroit suburbs)
        Kent (Grand Rapids)
        Saginaw
        Eaton (Lansing suburbs)
        Isabella (Mount Pleasant)
        Leelanau (Outside Traverse City)
        Gogebic (Westernmost UP)

These are a combination of traditional Dem areas plus some suburbs sprinkled in. What's unclear is how much was a reaction to Trump and how much was reaction to specific Republican candidates.

Maomb and Kent are the two most significant.

Macomb went from Trump +11 to Whitmer +3, Stabenow +2. Kent went from Trump +3 to Whitmer +4, Stabenow +2

Comment

• Comment

• I thought this article from the Atlantic captures the sort of Scylla and Charybdis situation presented by Mueller's Report/Congressional Testimony for law makers. The author puts together a compelling presentation of the elements needed to charge someone of obstruction, notwithstanding the roundabout argument that you can't obstruct justice when justice, in the case of alleged crime committed by Trump, was not being served by the Special Counsel's investigation in the first place.

It's also clear to me that all the reporting on Mueller's work seems to overemphasize any questions involving alleged and chargeable criminal activity on the part of Trump and misses the most important conclusion in his report and testimony yesterday: the fucking Russians are methodically corrupting the US election process.

I'm wondering if that is because, at lest in part, that the findings in the Special Counsel's investigation are so sensitive, with the potential of revealing sources and methods, that no one on the inside is talking about them. Thus, nothing gets to the press. We need a Wiki Leaker.

Moreover, reports read that Pelosi's position on advancing Articles of Impeachment remains unchanged. Not going to happen. I don't think I expected a change anyway.

There’s basic agreement between Mueller and Democrats in Congress on the facts of what Trump did, but no one wants to be the one who does something about it.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Speaking of the Russians .......

PDJT made a speech before Turning Point - a group of youth conservatives - in DC yesterday. Something was wrong with the Presidential Seal that appeared on a screen behind the President. Can you find it?

Spolier alert: the eagle is the Russian Imperial type and it's holding golf clubs:
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• misses the most important conclusion in his report and testimony yesterday: the fucking Russians are methodically corrupting the US election process.
                That's of no significance. There's not much political hay to be made. Better to fabricate COLLUSION!!!! and gin up an "attempt" to obstruct justice where neither the underlying crime nor the obstruction ever occurred and the President had wholly within his power to make sure the alleged obstruction did occur -- but somehow, even though he apparently "intended" to obstruct justice he didn't do it -- even though he could have. So, yeah.

The great and preposterous Russian COLLUSION!!!! canard is dead.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Far more interesting than DSL's tedious M county-by-county voting history, Western Ontario has stripped an Asian-American of Miss Michigan for failing to pretend that Islam isn't hostile to women: https://nypost.com/2019/07/22/beauty...fts-ugly-bias/

The #GentryCommunists strike again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    Speaking of the Russians .......

PDJT made a speech before Turning Point - a group of youth conservatives - in DC yesterday. Something was wrong with the Presidential Seal that appeared on a screen behind the President. Can you find it?

Spolier alert: the eagle is the Russian Imperial type and it's holding golf clubs:

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Far more interesting than DSL's tedious M county-by-county voting history, Western Ontario has stripped an Asian-American of Miss Michigan for failing to pretend that Islam isn't hostile to women: https://nypost.com/2019/07/22/beauty...fts-ugly-bias/

The #GentryCommunists strike again.

Comment

• I like talent's version of Culture Warrior way better than Kap's.

Comment

• Sorry to call you #GentryCommunists to the carpet, DSL. But I say be proud of who you are. Own the Orwellian censorship and excommunication like a fucking boss. It's what your boys (oops, how insensitive of me) -- "people" are. It's your duty as an American (oops, another misstep -- again, I apologize for giving offense) -- Citizen of the United States.

And really, Canada, too. Be proud. Be proud that waxing a scrotum isn't really waxing a man if the man thinks he's a women. Own that shit, Padwan.
                          Last edited by iam416; July 25, 2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• I prefer prog Gentry cis transformative prog secular cosmopolitan Marxist internationalist prog Rastafarian Luddite happy holidays prog prog, personally. Owning the shit out of that.

Comment

• I respect your identification, GCTPSCMIPRLHHPP.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X