No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the election is held under these economic conditions then Biden is the only D that win Ohio.

I think if the economy is still humming Biden may be the only D that win win, period. Still think that's probably wrong, but I'm leaning more and more to it. The reactionary, revolutionary economic policies of most D candidates won't play well if it's still humming along like a motherfucker.

I think Harris could morph back to the center and still win, but Warren and Sanders are committed revolutionaries.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The ideal candidate for these troubled times.

ver_sup.jpg
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• I think that's probably right. To be clear, my comments on revolutionary economic policies in the face of a very strong economy concern those suburbanite voters that gave the Ds the House in 2018. With regard to your point and that, I think (1) the "passed over" folks aren't switching horses, IMO; and (2) the suburbanites are more than willing to switch horses if you give them a sensible alternative.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Emphasizing the geo-political impotence of a leaderless United States, China rattles sabers over Taiwan.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Suicide by cop?
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I wonder if this is simply an example of the Congressional habit of "I'll-block-the legislation-cuz-the-other-side-supports-it". McConnell demonstrates his anti-American bias by taking the irrational position of nothing more needs to/can be done to prevent foreign election interference.

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...ller-testimony

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Suicide by cop?
                  Never heard of the phrase?

Comment

• Yes, of course, I was asking for details.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Yes, of course, I was asking for details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        So to bring up other counties in Michigan that swung away from the Republicans in 2018...

There were only 8 counties in Michigan that voted for Clinton in 2016:

Wayne, Oakland, & Washtenaw (Detroit/Ann Arbor)
                        Ingham (Lansing)
                        Genesee (Flint)
                        Kalamazoo
                        Muskegon
                        Marquette

Whitmer and Stabenow carried all of those counties plus additional ones that had voted for Trump in 2016. Two counties went for Whitmer but not Stabenow: Bay (Bay City) & Clinton (Lansing suburbs)

Another seven voted for both Whitmer & Stabenow, but Trump in 2016:

Macomb (Detroit suburbs)
                        Kent (Grand Rapids)
                        Saginaw
                        Eaton (Lansing suburbs)
                        Isabella (Mount Pleasant)
                        Leelanau (Outside Traverse City)
                        Gogebic (Westernmost UP)

These are a combination of traditional Dem areas plus some suburbs sprinkled in. What's unclear is how much was a reaction to Trump and how much was reaction to specific Republican candidates.

Maomb and Kent are the two most significant.

Macomb went from Trump +11 to Whitmer +3, Stabenow +2. Kent went from Trump +3 to Whitmer +4, Stabenow +2
                        You can pour over county data, but the big picture for Michigan at least is if the GOP and Democrats are equally engaged in a statewide election the Democrats are going to be the favorites. There's more of them. One of the issues with Clinton losing Michigan was they didn't give the Wayne County machine enough autonomy and it showed up in a depressed turnout. I live in Oakland County and sat in an hour long line early in the morning. At the time I parked my car downtown Detroit atop the Cobo Roof, which is where Wayne County counts the votes and it did not appear like there was any activity. From what I read in 2018 they gave Duggan autonomy and turnout was much better, but he wasn't dealing with a presidential campaign.

Comment

• No loss.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The fuck is this shit?

Comment

• Something more important than Russia's continued election meddling?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                                Something more important than Russia's continued election meddling?
                                Witch news! Fake hunt!

Comment

Working...
                                X