No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump-Pelosi budget deal puts a final nail in the Tea Party's coffin.

The conventional wisdom among Washington Republicans is that populist conservative voters no longer care about spending or deficits.

Comment

• The Tea Party had unrealistic expectations based on poorly applied economics. Those ideas should fade away like all bad ideas.

We've had this discussion here. There's no harm in budget deficits as long as the debt to GDP ratio remains at or around 75% - depending on who is doing the calculating that ratio is somewhere between 76% and 106%. I'm with the bean counters that say its at 76% and I've seen both calculations.

The point is, it doesn't matter if you are a tax and spend Democrat or an avowed Republican fiscal conservative. Good economics should and apparently is driving what the government spends and how it levies taxes. Plenty will disagree with that approach reminding us, "but the children," but it is the way things are. We will be OK.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 22, 2019, 08:19 PM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The tea party was never about spending.

Comment

• PDJT hits new high in Marist poll (44!). Big shout out to the the Mod Squad.

Well into his third year in office, President Trump’s approval rating has reached a record high, according to a poll released Monday.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Democratic Communist icon Paul Krugman (and others) are going after Senator Hawley for use of the word....cosmopolitan. Add cosmopolitan to the Betsy Ross flags as yet another of the infamous dog whistles the Democratic Communists see in all things. Of course, if you try telling them "Concentration Camp" has a very specific understanding they will resort to unimaginably vapid technical nuance.

Comment

• looks like biden is stretching out his lead again after falling into the clutches of kamela after last debate.

love to see biden win--love to see him squirm when it comes to a debate one on one against trump

so joe what do you think about the use of your intelligence agencies to try to smear a candidate and influence an election on your watch

so joe what do you think about reussian meddling occurring on your watch and your bosses advice to trump not to worry about it

so Joe what do you think about the ulkrainain gift to your son for multimillions of dollars.

nothing would be better then to see Joe get the nomination

Comment

• Interesting commentary last night on the PBS News Hour about Trump's poll numbers. In the poll being analysed Trump has been at or above a 40% favorable rating for 3 consecutive months. Apparently that's an unusual amount of time to be at that high of a number.

What further analysis revealed was that 54% of the people polled feel good about the economy and about they're own personal economic situation - that is usually enough to get a sitting president re-elected. The problem for Trump is that the numbers, while positive with respect to the voters perception of their sense of being better off than before, they don't like Trump. A stunning 74% in the poll of undecided voters wanted a D candidate that could beat trump while only 26% wanted a D candidate who shared their values.

So, how does the undecided voter numbers affect the accuracy of polling data intended to predict presidential election results. I had no idea so I looked it up and found this:

Confirms how the hell DJT got elected when the polls indicated HRC would win convincingly - the undecided votes were not properly allocated in the polling numbers.

I think we'll be in the same situation when it comes to the 2020 presidential election although, it seems to me based on the polling numbers I discussed above and from the PBS News hour commentary on them that the probability of undecideds voting for a D candidate because they don't want Trump re-elected is going to be or should be pretty high.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm sure DSL already covered this -- Bernie Sanders has to cut hours of campaign staff in order to pay them $15 minimum wage: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ber...mpting-mockery

Heh. I mean, HEH.

Comment

• He complained that the workers brought it to the media's attention, which was also very funny.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Trump threatens to tax US businesses over Guatemala.

President Donald Trump threatened to impose tariffs on Guatemala as punishment for the country not signing a Safe Third Agreement, which would require Guatemala to process asylum claims.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• He complained that the workers brought it to the media's attention, which was also very funny.
                        Yes, there was much to guffaw about. Them communists are a funny lot.

Comment

• hello
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz,

How is the Styrofoam hip?
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Great for keeping my lemonade cool in the summer...

...wait...that's not lemonade...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X