No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen-Shot-2019-08-28-at-4.41.39-PM-600x385.pngThe video assumes that white people are a kind of plague; the only question is what to do about them. Some of the speakers do not call for violence, but they never say killing whites would be immoral. They have other reasons for hesitating to kill whites:
    Last edited by Hannibal; August 29, 2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• "Why Don't we Murder More White People?" is an interesting question and I think that we should discuss it.

DSL, Froot, etc. Do you think that we should murder more white people?

Comment

• he really should be

For nearly three years now, those who promise to save us from the wicked clutches of President Donald Trump have bombarded America with lectures about the “rule of law.” Yet, over and over again, t…

Comment

• Not much detail here but Trump's personal assistant was essentially fired today. Had been with him since the beginning and sat right outside the Oval Office. She said something she shouldn't have to reporters during Trump's vacation in New Jersey.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/29/u...esterhout.html
          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 29, 2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Trump seemed "off" today in his few public appearances. Very subdued, speaking slowly, almost seems like he might have caught a cold or something overseas. Maybe he's just unhappy about his assistant.

Comment

• We haven't gotten to talk about the new Press Secretary much (she's given about one interview in two months) so here's some important biographical detail

She's gotten two DUI's in recent years, 2013 and 2015, the latter of which while she was working for the Trump campaign. She has been fired once from a previous job for plagiarism and once for filing fake expense reports.

The ideal Trumpworld figure. Only the best *chef's kiss*

Being Donald Trump’s spokeswoman can drive a person to drink, but Stephanie Grisham had a record of drunk driving long before she got the job in June. Mugshots from 2013 and 2015 show the rep…

Comment

• 31514fhuxhj31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=35fa3facb92993b7d77ef0694c1e84b9b569c131.jpg

Comment

• Froot, no, I don't want the "Troubles" to return. I don't think they will. Here's the situation as I see it:

A resolution mechanism for perceived human rights abuses among the Roman Catholic minority and the Protestant majority in Ireland was essentially guaranteed by so called "unbiased" EU courts who would use the European Convention on Human Rights or the Charter of Fundamental Rights as a legal underpinning for that mechanism. This was achieved by the Good Friday Agreement of 1998.

Both anti-Brexiteers and the EU leadership in Brussels have used this as leverage against a no-deal Brexit. The British Parliament backed those two groups up by rejecting any Brexit proposals that involved dropping what the EU called the "backstop." There is, IMO, this dated view held by anti-Brexiters that without what the "backstop" allegedly guarantees, the "Troubles" will return. Somebody is going to have to provide convincing evidence that there is enough radicalism left within Northern Ireland for this to happen. 20 years of peace between Protestants and Catholics tends to dampen that sort of thing.

I don't think this is as much about trade (and that IS Scotland's concerns - some of it justifiable but all of it, again IMO, completely addressable) as it is about fears that the loss of a supposedly unbiased EU court/legal system will precipitate an increase in tensions between Protestants and Catholics. I don't see that, neither does Boris Johnson who has essentially knee-capped anti-Brexiteers in Parliament from blocking a no-deal Brexit by suspending Parliament ...... IMO an eminently sensible thing to do for the UK.

I'd mitigate the strength of my argument by admitting I am not a Brit, not an Irish Roman Catholic and although I have a bit of Scot's blood, I don't give a rat's ass about trade worries from Scotland's PM. Again, IMO, those concerns can be easily addressed within GB's legal system instead of the notion that Scotland will declare it's independence becasue of those concerns.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Trump says companies that claim to be hurt by the trade wars are just lying to cover up their terrible management.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      We haven't gotten to talk about the new Press Secretary much (she's given about one interview in two months) so here's some important biographical detail

She's gotten two DUI's in recent years, 2013 and 2015, the latter of which while she was working for the Trump campaign. She has been fired once from a previous job for plagiarism and once for filing fake expense reports.

The ideal Trumpworld figure. Only the best *chef's kiss*

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...dgq-story.html
                      Would still smash.

Comment

• from the same bitch that cried when Trump was elected

why she was on his staff I will never know

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• No matter what Trump does, some will love it and some will hate it. Had he went to Poland as scheduled, he'd be accused of not caring for the country. Staying, he's being criticized for politicizing the storm. Its a no win situation for him.

During the presidency of Barack and Michelle Obama, they decided to take a trip to California. Michelle was scheduled to appear on "Ellen", while Barack was scheduled to go yuk it up with Jimmy Kimmel.

Michelle flew out the day before on the backup Air Force One plane. Barack flew out the next day on Air Force One. And while he was there, he played some golf. Michelle went shopping on Rodeo Drive.

In my 65 years I have yet to see a President who did not take advantage of the perks of office, and was both praised and criticized when he did so.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                              X