Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

If Biden's the nominee does Trump still have your vote?
    TBD .... what he does in the next 28 days - before the new year - will weigh heavily.

He has a chance to do some things correctly, like continue to hammer Macron and Merkel and all the NATO pansies. If there is one thing he's on to - it's probably not him but someone on the NSC or within DOD - is that NATO is archaic, needs an upgrade and needs money and military resolve from the fucking Europeans to continue to confront Putin in the East. If they don't pony up Putin will roll them......and the US, under Trump, isn't going to come and bail their asses out.

Keep kicking the ass of the Iranians. Things are looking dire for the Mullahs and there stupid 15th century fundamentalist Islamic based governance bull-shit. As much as I hate to say it, Erdogan has got that down pat. Berkas are fine, capitalism is better and he's adopted Maoist principals of governance - "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Trump needs to keep an eye on that fucker for sure.

I think his gamut with the Chinese on the trade front is TBD. I don't like his tweet storms or public statements on it - the inscrutable Chinese don't like public showings - they prefer Shaministic theater as modified (horribly I might add) by the Communists.

I like Trump's pivot in the ME to the Saudis. I know, human rights, Kashoggi, the Kingdome but fuck it ..... we need them as much as they need us. So, yeah, sell them a shit ton of military stuff to confront, on behalf of the US, all the ISIS martys who want to kill us because Americans won't bow down to Allah and live lives like 15th century peasants being ruled by thugs claiming to be the true descendants of Mohamed. GIve me Jesus and Christianity any day..... and I'm an agnostic.

NK? I don't care .....but Trump needs to keep the Asians happy. He did that at the risk of screwing up trade negotiations with China by signing the Hong Kong deal that condemned the Hong Kong government's actions v. protesters ... who then were overwhelmingly supported in their desire for democratic reforms in that part of China. Cool. Who cares except sailors on board the US Navy ships that ported there that the Chinese denied those porting rights. BTW, I was aboard aircraft carriers that did that. It was great. The Hong Kong economy will miss the money the US spent there most of which made it's way back to the mainland and the communists.

Anyway, I don't like Trump but his administrations policies are spot on in many areas, for me at least.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Here's how much respect Trump has...Trudeau mocking him to Macron and Boris Johnson...and I'm not sure who the 4th guy is

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

TBD .... what he does in the next 28 days - before the new year - will weigh heavily.

He has a chance to do some things correctly, like continue to hammer Macron and Merkel and all the NATO pansies. If there is one thing he's on to - it's probably not him but someone on the NSC or within DOD - is that NATO is archaic, needs an upgrade and needs money and military resolve from the fucking Europeans to continue to confront Putin in the East. If they don't pony up Putin will roll them......and the US, under Trump, isn't going to come and bail their asses out.

Keep kicking the ass of the Iranians. Things are looking dire for the Mullahs and there stupid 15th century fundamentalist Islamic based governance bull-shit. As much as I hate to say it, Erdogan has got that down pat. Berkas are fine, capitalism is better and he's adopted Maoist principals of governance - "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Trump needs to keep an eye on that fucker for sure.

I think his gamut with the Chinese on the trade front is TBD. I don't like his tweet storms or public statements on it - the inscrutable Chinese don't like public showings - they prefer Shaministic theater as modified (horribly I might add) by the Communists.

I like Trump's pivot in the ME to the Saudis. I know, human rights, Kashoggi, the Kingdome but fuck it ..... we need them as much as they need us. So, yeah, sell them a shit ton of military stuff to confront, on behalf of the US, all the ISIS martys who want to kill us because Americans won't bow down to Allah and live lives like 15th century peasants being ruled by thugs claiming to be the true descendants of Mohamed. GIve me Jesus and Christianity any day..... and I'm an agnostic.

NK? I don't care .....but Trump needs to keep the Asians happy. He did that at the risk of screwing up trade negotiations with China by signing the Hong Kong deal that condemned the Hong Kong government's actions v. protesters ... who then were overwhelmingly supported in their desire for democratic reforms in that part of China. Cool. Who cares except sailors on board the US Navy ships that ported there that the Chinese denied those porting rights. BTW, I was aboard aircraft carriers that did that. It was great. The Hong Kong economy will miss the money the US spent there most of which made it's way back to the mainland and the communists.

Anyway, I don't like Trump but his administrations policies are spot on in many areas, for me at least.
        He's accomplished nothing with Iran...he was asked today if he supported the protesters and he said he didn't want to comment on it, but NO. Then he was forced to backtrack and clean up his dipshittery and say of course he loves the protests. He's grossly incompetent and the admin is being held together by the "deep state" bureaucrats you love to hate.

Sell arms to the Saudia to confront ISIS? Are you kidding? ISIS grew out of militants funded by the Saudis. As dd Al Qaeda. Sunni militants funded by the Saudis have killed far more Americans than Iranian-backed terrorists ever have.

North Korea-- He has again accomplished nothing. He puts out statements that sound wildly optimistic on a regular basis, just like with the China trade deal. I still remember how in spring 2018 Kapture insisted that Kim and Trump had a plan all worked out and they'd have a series of meetings then sign something. LOL, how'd that work out?

It's all empty, devoid-of-substance PR moves. Straight out of the Trump Org playbook.

Of course, if you really do think Trump Steaks are the greatest steaks in the world, you're more apt to fall for Trump's BS
        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 3, 2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Maybe, no probably. He doesn't give a shit. Not sure he should. If the Europeans think they can command the world stage with the French taking the lead, LMFAO.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I guess Trump's just lucky that he hasn't committed an NCAA violation yet. Then he might actually be in danger of losing your support.

MICHIGAN MEN!!
            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 3, 2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Weak sass ..... entertaining though.

Wait ...... Turmp's got bag men. Rudy is one of them but his cover sucks. osu's is wayyyy better.

Comment

• She's very hard to see in that that video, but Queen Elizabeth's daughter, Princess Anne, is also standing there, laughing as Trudeau mocks Trump. She's behind the tall man with glasses who has been identified as Mark Rutte, the Dutch PM.

If Europe and Canada laugh at Trump, do you really think Erdogan, the Saudis, China, Russia, or Iran respect him? Or fear him?

Comment

• I doubt they do. So what.

The fact of the matter is that, for now, maybe not in the future but Trump won't be around long enough to precipitate it, something other than an Americocentric global power structure will emerge. The gold standard still exits and so does the power of the dollar in the global economic environment. The US military, despite it's flaws, has great leadership and lethal weapons. The Europeans don't come close. So, does anyone think the Euro will become the global currency or the EU will ever match US military power?

So let the effete European upper class scoff at Trump with little fingers extended on their tea cups. Fuck them. The world is full of harsh realities that, if anybody understands them, it's the people around him by default, not his chosen sycophants, but the system of American governance itself and the ones who have stood up and protected the national interests in the face of an idiot president.

Comment

• Shocking news..........DJIA Futures are up 150 and a rebound is in store for today on news that investors can ignore Trump's comments he made yesterday about a trade deal would be better after the 2020 election. Bloomberg News reports that word from Bejing is that a Phase I deal is likely before the December 15th deadline for the imposition of another round of tariffs and the two parties continue to make progress.

Comment

• Here's the Bloomberg article. It's unidentified Trumpanzees making such claims. I suspect DSL's observation is correct that everytime the market goes south, the Orange Menace or one of his minions trots out, makes an untrue statement, and the market gobbles it up. Great for day traders, bad day for truth.

Here's a quick review of Trump's trade policies.

Making good on his campaign pledge to upend decades of U.S. policy in favor of a pugnacious America-first approach, Trump has launched a series of protectionist broadsides against America’s trading partners.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        Shocking news..........DJIA Futures are up 150 and a rebound is in store for today on news that investors can ignore Trump's comments he made yesterday about a trade deal would be better after the 2020 election. Bloomberg News reports that word from Bejing is that a Phase I deal is likely before the December 15th deadline for the imposition of another round of tariffs and the two parties continue to make progress.

Comment

• It pains DSL to see the wealthiest 75% making money. So much anguish. One day, Mao, one day you'll see your dreams realized.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            It pains DSL to see the wealthiest 75% making money. So much anguish. One day, Mao, one day you'll see your dreams realized.
                            I hope we both live to see it. The expression on your face in the reeducation camps is going to be so great.

Comment

• I can only assume they'll be located at the beacon of 1950's Eastern Bloc architecture in Ithaca. It's hard not have to have a smile on one's face when gazing upon metric tons of vertical concrete and the gorgeous brown fetid waters of Cayuga. The Grove City of the Upstate!
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• China is mitigating US authored UN sanctions against NK to a significant level. What will NoKo's "Christmas present" be? Is this really Chinese pressure in trade talks?

The North Korean economy shows signs of rapid development despite being under strict international sanctions, according to a report released Wednesday by The Sejong Institute, a Seoul-based think tank.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X