No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tariffs have turned American Agriculture into a giant welfare project and have been bleeding the life out of Manufacturing, two sectors they are most designed to "help"

Comment

• After years of denials and accusations of conspiracy and "I'm being targeted because I'm a good friend of Trump!", Duncan Hunter has decided to take a plea deal and not run again in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Trump announces at 6AM on twitter that he's reimposing tariffs (effective immediately) on Brazil and Argentina in retaliation for "currency devaluation", but this is really about the market share those countries have been taking away from us in selling China soybeans. Trump's frustrated that China has found ample suppliers elsewhere

I take this as another sign that the trade negotiations with China aren't going nearly as well as the public spin has been.

In Brazil's defense, the price of their soybeans was lower than US beans before the tariffs with China began. Now they have a market for their surplus. Seeing an opportunity, they're practicing the capitalism Trump preaches.

Leave Brazil alone. Don't drive them into the arms of China beyond soybeans.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Second tweet is the more significant one and shows just how much of a servile clown this fossil is becoming. When told it's the unanimous conclusion of the intelligence community that Russia interfered in the 2016 election, Kennedy said "That's their opinion". When told that the Senate Intel Committee investigated Ukraine and could find no evidence of election interference in 2016, Kennedy's only rebuttal is again "That's their opinion".

Comment

• Response to a report that Bill Barr plans to publicly dispute one of the key findings of the Horowitz IG report: namely that the IG had concluded that the FBI has sufficient cause to investigate certain members of the Trump campaign for their Russian connections.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 2, 2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• A bunch more of Mueller's notes were released today. John Kelly testified to Mueller that he, Don McGahn, and Trump were in a meeting that was a "little tense". This came right after the NY Times published its article about Trump instructing McGahn to get Mueller fired. Trump told McGahn he wanted the record "corrected" -- which both McGahn and Kelly took to mean he wanted McGahn to call the Times and deny it. Instead, McGahn told Trump to his fat, lying, orange face that his memory of the conversation was perfect and that the Times had nothing to correct.

EK0XDOZWwAI2oFl?format=png&name=small.png

EDIT: Speaking of Don McGahn, the same judge that ruled that he has to comply with a Congressional subpoena just today denied the DOJ's attempt to stay the decision. It was a fairly scorching decision, calling the DOJ's argument "disingenuous" and "unacceptable characterization"

If the DOJ can't get the circuit court to issue an emergency stay (if that's even possible) this puts a lot of pressure on McGahn to testify.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 2, 2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• I think DSL is editorializing about his "fat, lying, orange face". I like it.

Comment

• I admit it was a bit of literary license on my part. However, who knows what lies beneath the redactions?!

Comment

• Trump intervenes and pushes the Army Corps of Engineers to make sure a little-known North Dakota construction company gets a big fat $400 Million contract to build part of The Wall in Arizona.

The company wasn't meeting the Army Corp of Engineers' standards. But the owner is a big GOP donor who has made a number of Fox News appearances.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...d1e_story.html

Comment

• No Malarkey !

lmao

I thought this was a joke, not Biden's New/Old campaign slogan.

I like it though, it's totally not woke. If fact it's just the opposite

I'll bet the squad were texting each other "Like what's that mean?" "Is it like some kind of American food he don't Eat?
                      Last edited by WingsFan; December 3, 2019, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Trump making plenty of international news before most of America is even awake.

* Blasts Macron in a way that he hasn't even ever gone after Merkel for his "brain death" comments that Trump interprets as being directed at himself
                        * Defends Turkey yet again
                        * Says there'd be a huge war in Asia right now but for Trump. When a reporter asks what Trump thinks about Kim restarting his nuclear program, Trump says "you don't know that'
                        * Now says he has no deadline for getting a deal done with China (On Oct 11 he predicted "Phase 1" would be signed within 3 weeks). Says he actually might prefer no deal till after the 2020 election (!) and China is the one who wants it done ASAP (yeah right).

meanwhile, speaking of Erdogan, there are reports (he is denying it) that Turkey is blocking military aid to Poland and the Baltics and demanding that any group that Turkey defines as a terrorist group must be declared as much by the rest of NATO as well. He is also demanding that the rest of NATO publicly endorse pretty much anything he does regarding Syria. Apparently it was so easy for him to cow Trump that he's feeling pretty ballsy.

Comment

• ParisFrench Economy Minister Bruno Le Maire on Tuesday promised a "strong" EU response to threatened U.S. tariffs on French goods, as another front split open in the U.S. trade war. "We were in contact yesterday with the European Union to ensure that if there are new American tariffs there will be a European response, a strong response," Le Maire told Radio Classique.

On Monday, the United States threatened to impose tariffs of up to 100 percent on $2.4 billion in French goods in retaliation for a digital services tax that Washington says is discriminatory.

The U.S. has threatened tariffs of up to 100 percent on $2.4 billion in French goods in retaliation for a French tax that would hit American tech giants.

Comment

• Dow drops 400 points in the first hour thanks to Trump's "I'm okay with no deal till 2021" statement this morning.

Guessing we'll get another "Tremendous progress being made. Talks are terrific. Everyone couldn't be happier" statement from Mnuchin/Lightizer tomorrow to reassure the markets. Maybe this evening!!
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 3, 2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Trump loses yet again. 2nd Circuit says Trump can't block Congress from getting his financial records from Deutsche Bank and Capital One

Comment

• Boy, with the Dow down and another panel circuit decision going against PDJT, DSL is on cloud 9!
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X