Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I guess my primary point -- which I'm sure you get but I'm also sure went way over The Wizard's head -- is that a very large portion of these deaths are old folks who were probably looking at 0-5 years of life expectancy. They died a a few months or maybe a few years early. That's what the excess death over 3/5 years will capture.

It's a harsh, detached way to look at things, but public policy ought not be about emotion. And, hey -- if you really want to get harsh and detached, the Covid deaths will have a modest upside re entitlement payouts (SS, Medicare).

Ok, that's a little too grim, even for me.
    Haha. Speak for yourself! I might need some of that SS cheese someday.

Comment

• Covid-19: Nature's Death Panel.

Comment

• I'm just glad to see the numbers trending the right way just about everywhere.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I dont think you can fudge the fact that life expectancy went down by a full year the first 6 mos of 2020. the question is how much was covid and how much was fear of covid stopping you from going to the ER or your doctors appointments or lack of acces to thos appointments

Comment

• Tiger Woods has been in a serious car crash this morning in California. All the early headlines say he was removed from the vehicle with the Jaws Of Life. He was the only person in the car which ran off the road and rolled up the side of a hill. There's an endless loop on CNN right now if anyone is interested. Hard not to assume it has something to do with the pain killers. Early reports indicate he received "moderate to critical" injuries. Whatever that means.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/23/tiger...lf-tournament/

Leave to TMZ to have the scoop. Multiple leg injuries and is currently in surgery. I forgot he recently had another back surgery. I'd bet Talent's next paycheck it was the pain meds again. Why are people letting him drive around? Stupid.
            Last edited by Mike; February 23, 2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• If leg injuries alone were enough to send him to immediate surgery then that's pretty bad.

Comment

• Re: air travel -- I expect the business to fully rebound in a year or two if economic conditions are favorable. That includes the business travel where you go to a "conference" to booze it up and play golf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  <rolls eyes>

Has he been enrolled in White Victimhood Pre-School yet? Prepping him to blame his whiteness for everything that doesn't go his way? You sound like Al Sharpton in reverse. Find you were out of coffee this morning?
                  So you're fine with overt racism being directed against white people and unequal protection under the law?
                  Last edited by Hannibal; February 23, 2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• No, I'm just not influenced by internet memes or trigger rhetoric. The most unlikely, worst case scenario is not my default position.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• he flipped that car rolled down an embankment and the front end was sheared off.

heard from my sources he'll be luck if he ever walks again but is expected to live

watching him sunday he looked like he was dragging ass in his responses to an interview at the golf tournament sunday

Comment

• That white people are, legally speaking, second class citizens in the United States (and the Western World) is not a worst case scenario. It is the reality. You and I are, most likely, old enough to have escaped the consequences of this. Our children and grandchildren will not be so lucky.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; February 23, 2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• CBS is reporting its not life threatening, but he's having surgery on both legs. People were joking about him looking doped up Sunday during his interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            <rolls eyes>

Has he been enrolled in White Victimhood Pre-School yet? Prepping him to blame his whiteness for everything that doesn't go his way? You sound like Al Sharpton in reverse. Find you were out of coffee this morning?
                            Let me take the easy one first. I bought 5 lbs of coffee last week, so I'm good.

Jon, if you honestly believe that there is no upcoming backlash against white males, you aren't paying attention. It has, in fact, already started.

When my grandson visits me, he will know he's fine just the way he is. He doesn't need the liberal government or his school teachers to validate his worth as a human being.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Jon, if you honestly believe that there is no upcoming backlash against white males, you aren't paying attention. It has, in fact, already started.
                              Don't be silly.

sub-buzz-26960-1512148003-1.jpg?downsize=800:*&amp;output-format=auto&amp;output-quality=auto.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X