No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Related to my post last night taking a dig at Fauci's and Walenski's pessimistic "cases rising" talk, an AP article appeared this morning that summarized the easing of mitigation measures taking place in a number of states. There is no question local public health officials are ignoring the warnings coming from the federal level. Those states have mostly R governors, but not all of them. D governors are under tremendous pressure from constituents to ease life back to some sensible level of normalcy.

What's interesting to me is that there is the collision of pandemic thought that involves the promise of vaccines juxtapositioned with a continuation of fear of COVID's impact, i.e., will the presence of moderate numbers of COVID infections continue to demand the mitigation measures currently and widely in-place?

I don't think it is entirely clear yet whether or not vaccines are tamping down infections and transmission. I think they are but what do I know. Maybe in another month it will be clearer and Fauci and Walenski types will fade into the obscurity of the mundane work they did before the pandemic put people and their ideas like this center stage.

I do believe the combination of vaccines and prior immunity from past SARS-2 infections is going to become shockingly apparent by most COVID metrics over the next 45d. What's needed to push pessimistic talk off center stage is a frank presentation of excess deaths along with falling pandemic metrics. That will contribute to a large number of Americans, tired of being told what to do and where they can go. Then, we'll see an increase in voices pushing local governments to abandon most of the COVID mitigation measures in place now. IOW, state and county governors and commissioners and their PH officials will lead the way out of this with federal naysayers like Fauci and Walanski waving frantically behind them with no one listening anymore.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• shaddup
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Mask wearing has never been ubiquitous. If you watched any news broadcast of China or Japan from before Covid-19 and it showed a subway or a crowded street, you would maybe see one out of 20 people wearing a mask. Except for areas where there was really bad smog, which is a different problem. That's perhaps a courtesy by people who know that they are sick. I could see that being a new normal, but not precautionary masking.
        I just did a quick search and, although the Atlantic article is old (April, 2020) and is one of their classic Trump hit pieces, it has information in it that supports the position that mask wearing among Asians is common place. Obviously the pictures Hanni posted suggest it isn't and he is right ........ except in public health emergencies and I should have added that qualifier. I'd argue we will see and should comply with mask recommendations contained in future PH guidance on wearing them. Wingsfan is just stating he doesn't need to be told to wear a mask. He might want to add into his thinking - when a PH emergency is declared. We'll probably be seeing quite a few of those in the future.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...avirus/609283/
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 2, 2021, 09:56 AM.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Re Trump and the vaccine:

The positive effect of endorsing the vaccine will likely be offset by the fact that he made his remarks at CPAC. CPAC is considered by most of Trump's base to be controlled opposition, more or less, since they have banned anyone who agrees with Trump other than Trump.

Comment

• That's retarded.

That's fine. lol Why so butthurt about 'me' wearing a mask? I don't mind wearing them, if that bother you tough shit. I truly don't give a fuck what people think, never have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              I do believe the combination of vaccines and prior immunity from past SARS-2 infections is going to become shockingly apparent by most COVID metrics over the next 45d. What's needed to push pessimistic talk off center stage is a frank presentation of excess deaths along with falling pandemic metrics. That will contribute to a large number of Americans, tired of being told what to do and where they can go. Then, we'll see an increase in voices pushing local governments to abandon most of the COVID mitigation measures in place now. IOW, state and county governors and commissioners and their PH officials will lead the way out of this with federal naysayers like Fauci and Walanski waving frantically behind them with no one listening anymore.
              Covering your ass, especially when it's been weaponized for political purposes, takes time. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

• For my good friend Wingsfan ...

I like that so much I'm using it as my avatar ... lol

139424334_1534050806804891_713380127999408593_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=3&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=AMz_tEZO99IAX-3eAcb&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&tp=6&oh=c88493edec45569827ff79cebc95620a&oe=606443CD.jpg
                Last edited by lineygoblue; March 2, 2021, 11:59 AM.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ha Ha Good Friend Liney

My how things can change over time lol

Comment

• Ohio has a few spare doses. Scheduled to get my shot this weekend.

Comment

• Getting an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine has been panic for many Michigan residents as demand far exceeds supply, pushing some people to go to extremes to drive all the way Toledo and even Mississippi I think it was.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/hea...ts/4566472001/
                      Last edited by WingsFan; March 2, 2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        Getting an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine has been panic for many Michigan residents as demand far exceeds supply, pushing some people to go to extremes to drive all the way Toledo and Mississippi

https://www.freep.com/story/news/hea...ts/4566472001/
                        ...... and some people here think the anti-vaxers will rise to 35% of the population? Pffft. Folks are beating down the doors for vaccines. News to the contrary is bunk.

Comment

• It's Dr. Seuss's turn in the barrel.

The sales of six Dr. Seuss books will cease over racist and insensitive imagery, according to the business that preserves and protects the author's legacy.

The news comes Tuesday on
                          National Read Across America Day, when schools across the U.S. celebrate reading on Dr. Seuss's March 2 birthday to commemorate the popular children's author, who died in 1991.

"These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong,"
                          Dr. Seuss Enterprises told The Associated Press in a statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dr-seuss-...racist-imagery

My kindergartner participated in Read Across America and their assignment was to bring your favorite Dr. Seuss book. So yay for my local school district! I never thought I'd see the day when books we bought for our small children would be banned from publication in the United States (we have a few that are on the "list").... and those books are from Dr Seuss. This is pretty sad.

Comment

• There are some here who will relish this nonsense ...........

Six Dr. Seuss books — including “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street” and “If I Ran the Zoo” — will stop being published because of racist and insensitive imagery, the business that preserves and protects the author’s legacy said Tuesday.

I'm not as hard-over as Talent and Hanni are about this culture canceling shit but I'm getting real close. I have a tipping point and this may be it. Dr. Seuss? Give me a break.

https://apnews.com/article/dr-seuss-...f443594c174513

Edit ...... simo-posts. Mike and are are reading the same news at the same time today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

...... and some people here think the anti-vaxers will rise to 35% of the population? Pffft. Folks are beating down the doors for vaccines. News to the contrary is bunk.
                              I'll write the headline for you, Jeff.

New Study Indicates 90% of U.S. Citizens Will Get Vaccinated
                              Public health officials explain why that could be a BAD thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X