No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the end, there will be the usual 30%, maybe not even that high that won't get the vaccines.

Yes I would say 30%

Poll indicates that more than a quarter of Michigan voters surveyed don't plan to get vaccinated for COVID-19

The poll released Tuesday also found that while large percentages of self-identified Democrats and independents plan to get vaccinated, nearly half of Republicans — 47% — do not, compared with 46% who plan to be vaccinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

Yes I would say 30%

Poll indicates that more than a quarter of Michigan voters surveyed don't plan to get vaccinated for COVID-19

The poll released Tuesday also found that while large percentages of self-identified Democrats and independents plan to get vaccinated, nearly half of Republicans — 47% — do not, compared with 46% who plan to be vaccinated.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...en/6869393002/
      i think the number is going to be higher than 30%. I would say around 35%.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Think Cuomo is just about done.
        Someone really powerful got really pissed off.

Comment

• i think the number is going to be higher than 30%. I would say around 35%.
          I think you are right, dumb ass Republican's don't want it ---- send it my way. FTR I think Ill be wearing a mask in public the rest of my life.

Comment

• I can't link to both articles because one is behind a paywall...

Beth Van Duyne is a freshman Republican representing a suburban Dallas-Fort Worth District (and a native Ithacan and Cornell alum!!). Had been represented by Republican Kenny Marchant for 16 years before her. This is one of those districts the media hypes up. Marchant won by 30 points in 2014. Just 4 years later, in 2018, he won by only 3. Van Duyne squeaked out a 1.3% victory.

Something weird is going on in her office. In mid-February her former Communications Director apparently killed himself on her front porch while she was there with company. Her Chief of Staff and Legal Director have since been fired. Her current Comms Director just quit.

https://www.businessinsider.com/texa...ns-home-2021-2
            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 2, 2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I think you are right, dumb ass Republican's don't want it ---- send it my way. FTR I think Ill be wearing a mask in public the rest of my life.
              With Trump encouraging people to get their shots this past Sunday and it coming out that he himself was vaccinated in January right before he left office, hopefully Republican resistance will fall.

Comment

I think Ill be wearing a mask in public the rest of my life.
                That's retarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

That's retarded.
                  Each to his own. Outside of COVID, the US has been remarkably free of viral infections this winter. There's no question that hand washing, masking and distancing measures brought about becasue of SARS-2 is the reason why. Asians routinely mask in congregate settings. I've not looked at any numbers that might compare the US flu season pre-pandemic to the Asian flu season but I suspect illness and loss of work days is lower in those countries than it is the US. Probably due to public health awareness, hygiene measures and yep, routine masking.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "Republican resistance" -- JFC. The issue is going to be "young, healthy and utterly not at risk" resistance.

As of right now, it seems like demand is so far outstripping supply that every day there's an article about how horrible it for people to schedule a shot. Imagine how hard it'd be if half the country weren't sitting this one out!

JFC.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      "Republican resistance" -- JFC.
                      Recent polling shows Republicans are less likely to get the vaccine than Democrats or Independents. One was just posted here. 80-90% of Michigan Dems and Independents said they would get the vaccine. Compared with only 46% of Republicans.

And yeah, I hope Trump's recent actions make more Republicans comfortable with taking the vaccine.

Comment

• Asians don't all wear masks in public. The overwhelming majority of them don't.

n-camera-z-20170316.jpg

JFC people, stop talking as if everybody talking to each other through pieces of cloth that cover half of their face is going to be the new normal.

You mean you'll get a cold every now and then? Oh nooooo! What ever will we do? Oh wait -- we'll do what we've done for the past 10,000 years -- get the sniffles for a few days and then get over it.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; March 2, 2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Speaking of actual #FuckScience people -- the might Teachers Union -- the stalwart backbone of the Progs -- continues to #NotTrustScience. But, of course, it's always better when you can shit on science AND blame structural racism....https://www.politico.com/states/cali...racism-1366367

So, the LA Teachers Union won't be teaching any time soon after Gov Gav introduced a compromise plan that, in the eyes of the Teachers Union, propagating structural racism.

I guess in-person teaching is another symptom of white culture. Add it to the list -- rugged individualism, valuing the nuclear family, emphasis on scientific method, objective rational and linear thinking, empahsis on cause and effect relationships, hard work is the key to success, respect authority, plan for the future -- and many more. I wish I were making those up or, at least, stealing them from some Neo-Nazi bullshit teaching. But, alas, that is straight from anti-racism teaching. Those Progs.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Each to his own. Outside of COVID, the US has been remarkably free of viral infections this winter. There's no question that hand washing, masking and distancing measures brought about becasue of SARS-2 is the reason why. Asians routinely mask in congregate settings. I've not looked at any numbers that might compare the US flu season pre-pandemic to the Asian flu season but I suspect illness and loss of work days is lower in those countries than it is the US. Probably due to public health awareness, hygiene measures and yep, routine masking.
                            I can see mask-wearing become commonplace in big cities during flu season going forward. If you live in NYC and take the subway a lot, then yeah. It was ubiquitous in East Asia long before covid, obviously. But most other places, in warm weather, we'll go back to normal.

Comment

• Mask wearing has never been ubiquitous. If you watched any news broadcast of China or Japan from before Covid-19 and it showed a subway or a crowded street, you would maybe see one out of 20 people wearing a mask. Except for areas where there was really bad smog, which is a different problem. That's perhaps a courtesy by people who know that they are sick. I could see that being a new normal, but not precautionary masking.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; March 2, 2021, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X