No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ceasefire in Syria ends at 3PM ET today. Erdogan is meeting with Putin in Sochi. Unless something comes out of that meeting, I'd expect the military offensive to continue.
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 22, 2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Canada has many more checks on how they draw the ridings so it kind of eliminates the crazy-shape gerrymandered districts. Canada is different with the 4 major parties. As recent as 8 years ago you had the Liberals were getting wiped out and sent into the wilderness, the NDP was the second party and the Bloc got decimated to 4 seats.

They do it better with these quick Federal elections, the drawn out nature of the US elections is a problem.

Comment

• Iraq denies US permission to conduct Syrian operations from its territory.

Ankara and Moscow have reached a "historic" deal to create a terror-free zone in northern Syria, the Turkish government said Tuesday.

I wonder if Turkey has grounded (or will expel) our bombers based there as well.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Yeah, from the sound of it Taylor's testimony might be the most damaging. And yeah, I'm sure the Dems are selectively leaking the worst parts. But it's also somewhat telling that nothing really exonerating for Trump has been leaked. I seriously doubt that's because the Republicans are so principled and full of integrity (Nunes leaked like crazy during the Mueller investigation). It's because they aren't getting much positive material to work with. That's why they're stuck arguing process.

Comment

• Right after I posted that someone leaked Taylor's opening statement and yeah, not good for Trump. Probably the worst witness for him so far

"No quid pro quo" will have to be quietly retired as a defense. Republicans might as well move on to "Yes, the President (illegally) held up military aid to Ukraine in exchange for corruption investigations, but he did not do so for political purposes, just genuine anti-corruption fervor". Which sounds so much like the Donald Trump we know and love.

Comment

• Trumpworld lashes out at Senate Republicans, demanding they do more to protect our beloved President.

Comment

• Moscow Mitch is a few more scandals from saying, "New phone, who dis?" to Trump.

Comment

• This should restart the "who's the author" guessing game again.

The anonymous senior Trump administration official whose 2018 New York Times op-ed was called treasonous by President Donald Trump has written a new book about Trump titled “A Warning” that will be published next month, CNN has learned.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trump hits his worst approval number in the Quinnipiac poll since July 2018. 38% approval now. His number among women is terrible, only 33% approve.

Support for the impeachment inquiry is up to 55%. That includes 58% of Independents.

Quinnipiac University Poll’s list of recent and past poll results for political races, state and national elections, and issues of public concern.

Comment

• Free money for everyone!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Trump hits his worst approval number in the Quinnipiac poll since July 2018. 38% approval now. His number among women is terrible, only 33% approve.

Support for the impeachment inquiry is up to 55%. That includes 58% of Independents.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=3645
                            Get on with it then.

Present the articles of impeachment, have a vote, and send them to the Senate.

Stop wasting time. Strike while the iron is hot.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They are not wasting time, they are getting depositions from the people involved. You have to gather the evidence for a trial.

Comment

• TBF, there are several economists who think "free money" is good for society in general and a nation's economy in particular. A while back I read an article in the Economist that touted this idea. Bernie Sanders has advanced it as viable - not that I endorse that fool but, the idea has been out there for a while. Yang is no fool. Smart guy. Isn't surprising that he's advancing this idea in his presidential campaign.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X