No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a price we have to pay but given the option between letting chicks get their balls waxed or supporting child molestation as a natural function of heterosexuality, I choose ball-waxing!

You're committed to a different path, so Godspeed!!

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Comment

• Dan Coats expected to quit in next few days. Trump and Coats never got along. primarily because Coats has always insisted the threat from Russia was real, which Trump felt undermined his own positions.. A Trump cockgobbler from Texas will replace him.

Comment

• Baltimore was okay until the day they introduced unisex bathrooms

Lesson for us all

Comment

Comment

• Trump's overlord and personal idol poisons another political opponent.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I see some here still haven't scheduled a psychological exam.

SAD

Comment

• Bernie Sanders is a racist!
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• PDJT appeared to have won a couple of meaningful victories on the immigration front late last week. The first was the SCOTUS reversal of a lower courts ruling that Trump couldn't spend DOD funds to build the wall. He can now use those funds. The other was what essentially amounts to a "Safe Third Party Agreement" between the US and Guatemala that would limit the influx of asylum seekers to the US from Honduras and El Salvador. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/28/w...rd-asylum.html

Neither are sure things though as both will face tough legal challenges with the later being pretty unlikely to succeed at all. See the reasons in the linked article above.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The partisan SCOTUS ruling allows the xfer of wall funding to proceed while the legality of the usurpation of Constitutional Congressional budget authority winds it way through the legal system. Akin to allowing child molestation while challenges to child protection laws proceed.

Guat agreement still requires Guat Congress to approve. That is less than 50-50 considering the widespread public opposition to such an agreement. As that article points out, many requirements, such as "full and fair" asylum system must be in place (they aren't). All Trump wants is a single refugee to be sent back so that he can declare victory and go back to destroying the American way of life. Its all about optics, not substance.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• guy who eats steak well done and covered in ketchup

Comment

• John Delaney (who?) proposes mandatory national service. I do like his proposed National Infrastructure Apprenticeship program.

Democratic presidential candidate John Delaney on Sunday announced a plan to institute mandatory national service if elected in 2020.

Comment

• The partisan SCOTUS ruling allows the xfer of wall funding to proceed while the legality of the usurpation of Constitutional Congressional budget authority winds it way through the legal system.The partisan SCOTUS ruling allows the xfer of wall funding to proceed while the legality of the usurpation of Constitutional Congressional budget authority winds it way through the legal system.
                              It's not going to wind it's way through the system for much longer. It'll end up in the Supreme Court soon. And it's a very interesting case as it concerns standing. What's also interesting is that the this case doesn't challenged the $3.6B allocated as a "National Emergency". This case involves the transfer of $2.5B pursuant to "counterdrug" operations. In fact, the particular statute at issue specifically authorizes Defense to "provide support" to OTHER AGENCIES for "counterdrug" operations. That support includes "(7) Construction of roads and fences and installation of lighting to block drug smuggling corridors across international boundaries of the United States." https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/284

I have to say, PDJT has at least hired cleved lawyers.

Personally, I'm torn. I don't think any old private citizen can challenge any spending without showing concrete injury. Especially in this new world of nationwide injunctions issued by DISTRICT COURT judges. This particular injunction came from the brazenly partisan 9th Circuit. I also don't think the President is given free reign to spend as he see fits. There are limits. I'm particularly against the $3.6B that's being used under the guise of a National Emergency. After reading the statutes, I actually think he may have authority under 10 USC 284 to spend the $2.5B at issue in this particular case.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Well, I certainly support the administration's effort to slow the flow of Asylum Seekers from Central America. I don't give a shit about the left's whining about "concentration camps, drinking from toilets" and, of course, "the children." That criticism amounts to nothing more than shameless head in the sand behavior that ignores realities.

Improved immigration control and enforcement that matches resources available at the southern boarder is the reality. Stopping the flow of immigrants who have no chance of supporting themselves in the US without substantial assistance from the various state and federal programs that provide it is key. ..... and never mind, those program are already too expensive and stretched too thin.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 29, 2019, 07:51 AM.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X