Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiz,

SPOILER5b9d755617e2f.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800.jpg
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Stephen Moore arriving at the White House to accept his nomination to the Fed

B7VjzxoCUAABGJ4.jpg

Comment

• I thought these numbers were pretty interesting. The Commerce Department has released GDP growth numbers for 2018 on a per state basis. Despite what you might think, there doesn't seem to be an ideological pattern on states that grew vs. states that didn't. But I'm color-coding them based on red state, blue state, purple state. The regions that overwhelmingly grew the fastest last year are the west coast and the southwest.

First, here are the 10 worst-performing states. Alaska is the only state in the country whose economy shrunk in 2018 (oil prices maybe?).

1. Alaska -0.3%
        2. Wyoming 0.3%

3. Delaware 0.3%
        4. Rhode Island 0.6%

5. Montana 0.9%
        6. Arkansas 0.9%

7. Connecticut 1.0%
        8. Hawaii 1.0%

9. Mississippi 1.0%
        10. Louisiana 1.1%

And here are the Top 10-performing states

1. Washington 5.7%
        2. Utah 4.3%
        3. Idaho 4.1%

4. Arizona 4.0%
        5. Florida 3.5%

6. California 3.5%
        7. Colorado 3.5%
        8. Oregon 3.4%
        9. Nevada 3.2%
        10. Texas 3.2%

Comment

• Facebook/Instagram announce they are kicking a bunch of far right figures off their services. But also on the ban list is Louis Farrakhan

Alex Jones & Infowars
          Paul Joseph Watson
          The Nutcase Laura Loomer
          Milo
          Paul Nehlen, the neo-Nazi who tried to primary Paul Ryan

EDIT: And supposedly Facebook is going further than just banning Infowars from having a page. Supposedly anyone who shares a link to an Inforwars article will see it removed and receive a warning. Multiple violations risk a ban.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.bef35a686950
          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; May 2, 2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• AA:

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• All I see is a giant 3>2.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Facebook/Instagram announce they are kicking a bunch of far right figures off their services. But also on the ban list is Louis Farrakhan

Alex Jones & Infowars
                Paul Joseph Watson
                The Nutcase Laura Loomer
                Milo
                Paul Nehlen, the neo-Nazi who tried to primary Paul Ryan

EDIT: And supposedly Facebook is going further than just banning Infowars from having a page. Supposedly anyone who shares a link to an Inforwars article will see it removed and receive a warning. Multiple violations risk a ban.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.bef35a686950
                a modern day book burning.

if facebook wants to act like a publisher, perhaps the feds should treat them like one

Comment

• SPOILERyeah another thing that bother me was thor could turn into a lardass then leap into thor character again in his fight with thanos.
                  me too movement charge twords thanos reeked being politicalkly correct
                  hated hulk professor
                  ltoo long--first 90 minutes dragged

Comment

• SPOILERstfu wiz

Comment

• Check this out. The Nashville DA is calling for a special prosecutor to investigate the office of the Speaker of the Tennessee House. This comes after it appears the Speaker's Chief of Staff may have altered an email in an attempt to get a black activist thrown in jail.

Nashville media have also acquired text messages from the Chief of Staff in which he says "Black people are idiots" and calls Jameis Winston a "thug ni**er". He does not deny they are his.

An exclusive NewsChannel 5 investigation has uncovered new evidence -- including racist text messages -- that raise questions about the Speaker's $200,000-a-year chief of staff, Cade Cothren.

Comment

• Baltimore's Democrat mayor resigned

Comment

• now, if only the NYTimes had enough credibility and integrity to back up 6 months and ask why FBI and other Western Intelligence assets were spying on campaign officials before the start of the FBI's investigation.

i won't hold my breath, but the truth will come out eventually
                          The use of the investigator in an operation aimed at a campaign shows the alarm in the F.B.I. as officials uncovered the scope of Russia’s 2016 election interference.

Comment

• More thoughts, AA

SPOILER

- Thor has been transitioning to comic relief for a couple years now after directors discovered that Chris Hemsworth actually has comedic talent.

- People complained about 'whitewashing' when Doctor Strange first came out. But since TIlda Swinton had already played the role once...

- I believe Bucky/Winter Solider became Captain America at some point in the comics. Steve Rogers was assassinated at the end of the comics Civil War storyline (but heroes rarely stay dead and I think they've brought him back since). When the film version was announced there was a lot of speculation over whether that was going to be Chris Evans' last film or not.

- Moreso than being a standalone movie I think this really was an attempt at celebrating the past 10 years of Marvel movies, even more than Infinity War. Maybe it struggled to do that TOO much, but it was way more of a nostalgia-fest for me than the last one.

- If there is a flaw in that final fight I do think they overpowered Thanos. Thanos without any infinity gems really ought to lose against Thor/Iron Man/Cap

Comment

• i agree with that last point DSL, the rest probably didn't need a spoiler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Republicans immediately throwing cold water on Trump's infrastructure plans.

But give a tax cut to the top 1%----can't do that fast enough. Forgive student loans and make college more affordable? Nope.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X