No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's called mirroring. It's where the speaker -consciously or subconsciously- imitates the tone, vernacular, and movements of the listener. Lean in when they lean in, use their speech patterns and vocab, etc; it's an effective psychological tool to manufacture a connection when done well. When done poorly it comes off as insulting, mocking, and patronizing (like what AOC did).

Trump does it well. Saw him speak on one of his visits to the South. He has said "Roll Tide!" a few dozen times and will use words like "y'all", "reckon", "yonder", etc, etc. and avoids those words when in other areas.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Not only politicians, you'll note salespeople doing it, too.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• well the reason I wear jeans and boots when I go sell at farms is not because of that per say. If you have even been on a farm, you would know that you don't show up in a suit and dress shoes. not unless you want cow shit on your nice dress shoes. they also wouldn't be receptive. they are extremely leery of outsiders and city folk, but I don't talk any different.

Comment

• Tommy Tuberville for Senate!!!!

Comment

• Upstate New York man arrested for threatening to put "a bullet in the skull" of Ilhan Omar

Addison, NY! Used to drive past all the time

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...914518717.html

Comment

• Comment

• aye yo Big Mike

35gjclx3vnq21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=a2c8bf7d21eb3b368d8180b561903fb878234284.jpg

Comment

• Hey Kapture for some reason I feel really good tonight. Actually even excellent !! And I dont know why? I mean even better than I usually feel and that is always pretty damn great!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    Hey Kapture for some reason I feel really good tonight. Actually even excellent !! And I dont know why? I mean even better than I usually feel and that is always pretty damn great!
                    Yeah Yeah, Im sure you always feel pretty damn great when State gets beat.

Comment

• 13 angry Democrats are illegally leaking details of a report that I said I want totally made public! Total disgrace! Everyone is laughing at us! But not anymore!

Comment

• Also although the 13 angry Democrats keeping illegally leaking, important to remember the fake news media has no real sources!! The press is the enemy of the people!!!

Comment

• D3j8MquWsAMaHUT.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Also although the 13 angry Democrats keeping illegally leaking, important to remember the fake news media has no real sources!! The press is the enemy of the people!!!
                            enjoy your final hit off the russia hoax crack pipe. been hooked on that shit for two years, will soon be over for you.

savor it.

Comment

• D3lBBELUwAE3DXc.jpg

Comment

• Nielsen out. Trump hopping up and down screaming at her apparently got to be too much to bear. Just another day in the most successful and stable government in the history of mankind

Comment

Working...
                                X