No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitch McConnell has done absolutely nothing of value during his time as Senate majority leader, even with a Republican President, and he has joined in on the Trump bashing even though Trump carried his state in the election by a whopping thirty points. He is nothing but a seat-filler who will, at best, occasionally obstruct an agenda but never advance one of his own. When he and his ilk are no longer the torch bearers for the Republican Party, it will be a good thing.

Comment

• Hahahabahab, how do you argue with such stupendous logic? He has done nothing as Majority leader. Goodness gracious, how sad.

Comment

• I don't expect you to be able to relate. Your party has never had a McCain and when you guys control Congress and the White House, you actually get what you want. You get massive, landmark legislation. You get justices who don't break ranks. You don't know what it looks like for the other side to do the same thing -- what it looks like for the other side to actually advance their agenda. Well, actually, now you do know what it looks like, because that is what Trump is doing, although he's largely doing it by himself.
        Last edited by Hannibal; September 13, 2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Ha, more crazy shit.

Let me help you out fella, 60 > 52

I'm an independent not a Dem, but not having a McCain figure as a Senator. Holy shit, that's even more crazy. Harry Reid had to deal with a Senator that campaigned with the oppositions Prez candidate. The whole ACA was watered down because of that guy.

Comment

• Republicans ran on the platform of "small government" for decades. For six years, W. was in office and he had a Republican in Congress, and the government did nothing but grow. They failed miserably at what they were put in there to do. Republicans were inches away from an amnesty bill, that would have passed had it not been for the Tea Party revolt, which all of the Republican leaders that I named in this thread hate.

Comment

• Well I think the question you have to ask yourself is why they are there. They may have failed miserably at what you think they were there to do, but if you look at what they do and not what they say, you get a different answer. Mitch McConnell is not there for you. He is there for his own pocketbook. IMO he's been the most effective DC operators since Cheney. Speaking of Cheney, that was a master class in how to advance an agenda. It wasn't necessarily the agenda people elected Bush/Cheney to implement, but that was only on the table in a fictitious sense anyways. Until there's a massive overhaul of various conflict-of-interest/ethics/transparency laws, we have to stop putting people in power until we know WHY they want that power.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Ha, more crazy shit.

Let me help you out fella, 60 > 52

I'm an independent not a Dem, but not having a McCain figure as a Senator. Holy shit, that's even more crazy. Harry Reid had to deal with a Senator that campaigned with the oppositions Prez candidate. The whole ACA was watered down because of that guy.
                LOL not even close. Nothing -- I repeat, absolutely nothing -- that you have ever seen on the Democrat side of the aisle is even remotely in the same universe as John McCain. He actively worked to destroy the Republican Party. He was an important cog in the wheel that set the fraudulent Mueller investigation into motion. The illegal immigrant amnesty that he supported would have added millions of Democrat voters to the electorate. Come talk to me when you get a Senator who actively conspires with the opposition party in an illegal spying operation. Until then, you can't relate. At all.

As I said, I don't expect you to be able to relate. The fact that you are complaining about a watered down ACA in the first place proves my point. That legislation was more significant than anything that has been passed in my lifetime with the Republicans in control of both Congress and the White House. And you got to keep it because a George W. Bush appointee on the Supreme Court broke ranks.
                Last edited by Hannibal; September 13, 2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Well I think the question you have to ask yourself is why they are there. They may have failed miserably at what you think they were there to do, but if you look at what they do and not what they say, you get a different answer. Mitch McConnell is not there for you. He is there for his own pocketbook. IMO he's been the most effective DC operators since Cheney. Speaking of Cheney, that was a master class in how to advance an agenda. It wasn't necessarily the agenda people elected Bush/Cheney to implement, but that was only on the table in a fictitious sense anyways. Until there's a massive overhaul of various conflict-of-interest/ethics/transparency laws, we have to stop putting people in power until we know WHY they want that power.
                  Regardless, it all comes down to the fact that an entire generation of Republican leadership did not align with their electorate ideologically and they did not do what they had a mandate to do. The why isn't important. And so those voters chose a different direction. The fact that they chose somebody like Donald Trump speaks volumes about how thirsty they were for meaningful change. It's too bad that the Lindsay Grahams and Paul Ryans of the world did not take that opportunity to reflect on their failures.

One of the reasons why Trump outrages Democrats so much is because they are used to empty promises from Republicans. The Democrat way of doing things is the default. You're not supposed to do Republican stuff even when you win.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; September 13, 2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• You never seen Republican in control of the house and congress with anything close to 60 votes in the Senate.

Comment

• Again, to cheer on Trump's SC appointments and call McConnell a worthless turd is sidesplitting. Its a howler. We can call common ground on the turd part, but worthless? Its actually laugh out loud funny. Nothing more to be said on this.

Comment

You never seen Republican in control of the house and congress with anything close to 60 votes in the Senate.
                        And when Obama and Clinton were Presidents, you never had 60 Senators either. What's your point?

Comment

Again, to cheer on Trump's SC appointments and call McConnell a worthless turd is sidesplitting. Its a howler. We can call common ground on the turd part, but worthless? Its actually laugh out loud funny. Nothing more to be said on this.
                          He's good on one issue.

he's bad on 100 others

so that must mean were delusional?

Comment

• Obama sure did, thats how the ACA was passed under him. The main framework was passed with 60 votes. You have to read up before going half cocked, you are out of your element.

So my point is he did have 60 votes and thats how that agenda got passed.

Comment

Obama sure did, thats how the ACA was passed under him. The main framework was passed with 60 votes. You have to read up before going half cocked, you are out of your element.

So my point is he did have 60 votes and thats how that agenda got passed.
                              With Republican help. Thanks for proving my point. If roles were flipped, zero Republicans would have voted for it and a hypothetical Democrat version of McCain would have publicly badmouthed it until it died.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; September 13, 2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• I've made this point in this thread a couple times already, I'm getting offended.

Comment

Working...
                                X