Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Morning Consult isn't the greatest polling operation in the world, but there is no poll that would have Renacci close. Brown was careful to limit his anti-Trump stuff and definitely played up the protectionist angle. He has that seat until he retires. Only Kasich could beat him, and not in this cycle. Portman, of course, has his seat until he retires.

Governor and the rest of the state offices are really a huge toss-up. I'd say Rs win by 10-12 across the board if HRC was President. Bah. If I had to bet, I think the Ds get close victories. Then, in 2022, they get assrailed. Might work out pretty good for Husted. Heh.
    If the Republicans had any instincts for self preservation they would nationalize the election, which is precisely how they have won in 1994 and 2010. They need to hang people like Alexandra Ocasio-Cortes around the necks of every so-called "moderate" Democrat and remind people that no matter what a Democrat in Texas or Pennsylvania says, if he gets elected he is going to caucus 99% with the Democrats, regardless of the issue (People have found this out the hard way in the past). The Democrats are pursuing a strategy of diverting attention away from issues like the booming economy and hanging Trump's personal unpopularity around the necks of Republicans, and most polls right now show that it is working. It's pretty puzzling since the public overwhelmingly supports Trump or at least leans in his direction on every issue of substance, other than the tax cuts, which I don't see the Democrats making much of an issue of. The public at large overwhelmingly dislikes the players kneeling for the national anthem, but the public also thinks that Trump is an asshole for Tweeting about it. The public overwhelmingly distrusts and dislikes the traditional media, but they also dislike Trump for badmouthing them. To say that "Abolish ICE" is a losing issue for the Democrats would be a massive understatement. I don't know if the public is crazy about tariffs but all of the financial Libertarians are still Rs. So basically it's a contest of whether the Republicans can keep the electorate focused on the issues and remind people that a vote for a Democrat is a vote for the entire Democrat agenda.
    Last edited by Hannibal; September 13, 2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

If the Republicans had any instincts for self preservation they would nationalize the election, which is precisely how they have won in the past. They need to hang people like Alexandra Ocasio-Cortes around the necks of every so-called "moderate" Democrat and remind people that no matter what a Democrat in Texas or Pennsylvania says, if he gets elected he is going to caucus 99% with the Democrats, regardless of the issue (People have found this out the hard way in the past). The Democrats are pursuing a strategy of diverting attention away from issues like the booming economy and hanging Trump's personal unpopularity around the necks of Republicans, and most polls right now show that it is working. It's pretty puzzling since the public overwhelmingly supports Trump or at least leans in his direction on every issue of substance, other than the tax cuts, which I don't see the Democrats making much of an issue of. To say that "Abolish ICE" is a losing issue for the Democrats would be a massive understatement. I don't know if the public is crazy about tariffs but all of the financial Libertarians are still Rs.
      It is pretty amazing how unpopular the tax cuts are, even among Republican voters. Well below approval numbers on the broader economy.

Trump would rather talk about the "witch hunt" and "Fake PR death tolls" than any economic news, however, that much is clear. Drowning the positive economic message with his petty bullshit.

Comment

• I call bullshit on the popularity of more money in people's paychecks. But hey, whatever Think Progress says. Truth is people love the economy, but the dislike of half the country towards the president will dive out democrat voters.

That said, I have said for the last month the Republicans need to make the midterms a referendum on the Democrats, not Trump. Personally, I just want to get this election over so I don't have to see DSL spiking the ball on these poll numbers, like I'm sure he did in 2016 in the months leading up to the election that he lost.

Comment

• maxresdefault.jpg Trump is hoping for another chance to assist the unwashed masses...
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
            I call bullshit on the popularity of more money in people's paychecks. But hey, whatever Think Progress says. Truth is people love the economy, but the dislike of half the country towards the president will dive out democrat voters.

That said, I have said for the last month the Republicans need to make the midterms a referendum on the Democrats, not Trump. Personally, I just want to get this election over so I don't have to see DSL spiking the ball on these poll numbers, like I'm sure he did in 2016 in the months leading up to the election that he lost.
            Trump gets high numbers on general economic approval. Consumer confidence is high. It's his strongest subject.

But ask people specifically about the tax cut and the numbers are far lower. Consistently. Why do you think almost no Republicans are talking about it anymore and are emphasizing stock market, GDP growth, etc. instead? It's probably because most blue collar or lower-income Trump voters saw relatively little direct benefit from the cuts, which greatly emphasized wealthy America and corporations.

And it's tough to make Trump irrelevant to the midterms when he throws himself into the spotlight every single day. His ego will not let this election NOT be about him.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Neo-Nazi lunatic Ann Coulter accuses Jared Kushner of writing the NYT op-ed.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• And I'll say again, I'm sure Republicans would be delighted to focus on issues. Unfortunately the man with the single biggest platform in the country has said "no no, this election is about ME"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                    Neo-Nazi lunatic Ann Coulter accuses Jared Kushner of writing the NYT op-ed.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-op-ed-bashing
                    LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

.... It's pretty puzzling since the public overwhelmingly supports Trump or at least leans in his direction on every issue of substance, other than the tax cuts, which I don't see the Democrats making much of an issue of...
                      DIsagree, Hanni. The public overwhelmingly disagrees with Trump's policies. Build the wall? Nope. Punish children for the crimes of their parents? Nope. Tariffs? Nope. International relations? Nope. Undermining law enforcement? Nope. Tax cuts (individual not business)? Nope. The list goes on and on.

Conservative commentators pander to Trump's base rather than offer constructive criticism or viable solutions to the nation's shortcomings. They aggravate the problems by deflecting attention away from them. They refuse to consider anything as an issue beyond clickbait rants. Example: The special counsel investigation is convenient cover to ignore the anti-American activities conducted by their oh-so-precious president. I look at the special counsel as simply draining the swamp, something that Trump has spectacularly failed to do as promised. My issue with Trump as a Russian stooge has nothing to do with Mueller but with his actions as American policy. Is the following list a bunch of activities that Trump has engaged in or is it the marching orders that Putin has given the heads of the FSB and GRU?

1. Drive a wedge between NATO allies.
                      2. Alienate the US from its border countries of Mexico and Canada.
                      3. Abandon US economic influence in Asia to China.
                      4. Denigrate allies who have shed their blood in the US national interest.
                      5. Undermine foundations of democracy such as a free press.
                      6. Undermine the legal system by attacking the DOJ and FBI.
                      7. Use the internet and social media to divide the nation.
                      8. Create alternate realities in an attempt to sow confusion and discord.
                      9. Lie, lie, and lie some more.

Donald Trump needs to removed from office. He is a clear and present danger to our Republic.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

And I'll say again, I'm sure Republicans would be delighted to focus on issues. Unfortunately the man with the single biggest platform in the country has said "no no, this election is about ME"
                        Yes, you are correct. Unfortunately, the only guy capable of really advancing the Republican agenda is a guy with a huge ego and no self control. The tradeoff is one that I came to accept a while ago. That's the reality and the world that we live in. We are paying the price for worthless turds like Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, George W. Bush, Juan McAmnesty, Mitt Romney, and Lindsay Graham being the torch bearers for the Republican Party for about 20 years. Thankfully, those days are coming to and end. With that said, Republicans still have a route to victory. Trump is not on the ballot but his agenda and his Supreme Court appointments are. It's the Republicans' responsibility to remind their voters of that.

Comment

• Jesus. Hannibal's post captures quite well the immense stupidity on both sides. It's just almost unimaginable at this point that people will ever focus on the actual issues and not the distractions and culture wars. People aren't going to pay attention to how the national pie is split up unless the planets are aligned, all Kardashian-sister wombs are barren, we've gone 6 months without a cop killing a black person, and nobody has been raped, fondled or asked a question in recent memory.

Comment

• Trump got NATO allies to actually start spending money on their defense AGAINST RUSSIA lol
                            With all of the talk, Trump has a good relationship with the Mexican president. Not the same for Castro, but Justin is a cuck like his dad was
                            Trump might say a lot about the media, but you want to talk about undermining the free press, 0bama actually used the powers of government to SPY on reporters. He constantly demonized Fox News and prosecuted more whistle blowers than ANY other president.
                            The DOJ and FBI destroyed their own credibility by attacking the political opponent of the current president.
                            If you really care about a divided nation, I don't think you do, because you would have to be critical of 0bama far more than Trump. Race relations in particular
                            race.jpg

the thought of you complaining about alternate realities is a fucking joke
                            all politicians lie. 0bama did, Clinton did, Bush did. Cory Booker does. So does Kamala Harris, Ted Cruz, Joe Biden... Hell, Liz Warren lied about her heritage for Christ sake.

I don't carrot all about your outrage. It must suck to be suck in the theater watching your movie.

Comment

• It seems like there is some cognitive dissonance in praising Trump's Supreme Court picks and in the same post calling Mitch McConnell are worthless turd. I was going to some more stuff I deem clever, but fuck that, that's just batshit crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                It seems like there is some cognitive dissonance in praising Trump's Supreme Court picks and in the same post calling Mitch McConnell are worthless turd. I was going to some more stuff I deem clever, but fuck that, that's just batshit crazy.
                                he is the one that will not support wall funding until after the election. When the Republicans no longer have the house, yeah sure, lets wait for that

Comment

Working...
                                X