No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled pork is easy. Ribs are tougher. Brisket is a science.
    Correct. My brother does ribs. There are numerous schools of thought on ribs, though. You certainly don't have to smoke them -- but if you do go with smoking, that's tough.

Smoked brisket is proof of good in the world. Now, "jewish" brisket -- braising it in a dutch oven is still really good b/c well-cooked brisket is really good. But smoked brisket. Goodness. I can't do that with a Weber. Heh.

I'm almost certain that Deray McKesson and John Cooper do as well.
    Perhaps. I see Coop at our local HS basketball games. It's still not normal to me to see him walk and sit down like any other grandparent, but there he is. I'm sure I'd enjoy McKesson's company over beer and barbecue. My operating presumption is that people are good and courteous. It's not a rule, mind you, just a presumption. I'm sure DE-RAY is. I'd rather enjoy a pit beef sandwich with him in B'more, but either way.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• EFZ
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ahhh...common ground ;)
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Don't get used to it bub...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• regarding ribs... I sort of fall that 3-2-1 method.. Basically, I smoke them for 3 hrs (adj for # of ribs of course.... around an hour per pound or so..), at 225, then 2 hours wrapped with some moisture (this I do follow regardless of amount) and then at the end, crank up the heat, add more sauce and build a crust on them. Usually, when the bone is starting to show about 1/4 inch, they're done.

Nothing overly complicated. That works well for spare ribs, imo.
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• when the bone is starting to show

Disturbing. I didn't know you cooked naked.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                regarding ribs... I sort of fall that 3-2-1 method.. Basically, I smoke them for 3 hrs (adj for # of ribs of course.... around an hour per pound or so..), at 225, then 2 hours wrapped with some moisture (this I do follow regardless of amount) and then at the end, crank up the heat, add more sauce and build a crust on them. Usually, when the bone is starting to show about 1/4 inch, they're done.

Nothing overly complicated. That works well for spare ribs, imo.

I know a guy that does that. After smoking them he wraps them in foil and puts them in a cooler for a couple hours then finishes them with direct heat and sauce. They are pretty damn good.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I've done cooler approach as well... you just smoke them a little longer than I described above prior to wrapping. Both work.

Comment

• ...so the lesson is here...always wrap your bone...when going low and slow...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Man, Pubtards sure habe the market cornered on unfunny, elementary sexual innuendo jokes.

Can't find that kind of humor just anywhere.

Comment

• English please?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Anybody have a good smoked wings recipe? Looking for alternative Christmas meal meat choices.

Comment

• I wish I did.. I tried one and it failed badly.

I had the best smoked wings ever in Buffalo last year at Dinosar BBQ. They smoke them then grill them. Sat there for hours watching basketball and eating wings during the off day of the NCAA tourney.

Comment

• This is a recipe that I got from the owners of Lucky Bones restaurant in Cape May NJ

It is fucking amazing

I cook the wings on the Weber with the same as I do the pulled pork

About 40 wings

Rub:
                              2 tablespoons salt
                              1/4 tsp each of coriander, cumin, garlic powder, ginger, and cayenne pepper

Sauce:

1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
                              1/8 cup soy sauce
                              1/8 cup honey
                              1/2 cup hoisin sauce
                              1 tsp Siracha
                              2 tsp grated fresh ginger
                              1/2 cup olive oil
                              3 tblsp sesame oil

Cook the wings then toss in the sauce.

I garnish with chopped green onions.

I make a cilantro lime dipping sauce of Mayo, line juice and finely chopped cilantro.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by CGVT; December 14, 2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Pit beef in Baltimore is damn good too. The classic venue is a shack in the parking lot of a strip bar. Perfect setting. It's better mixed with other meats though. Just plain pit beef is either too well done or too chewy-red, so I get the rarer option and the other meats compensate.

Comment

Working...
                                X