No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case we missed this...Deutsche Bank is investigating 'suspicious' money transfers involving Kushner's bank accounts, has already notified German banking regulators, and will pass the information along to Mueller.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      In case we missed this...Deutsche Bank is investigating 'suspicious' money transfers involving Kushner's bank accounts, has already notified German banking regulators, and will pass the information along to Mueller.

http://www.jpost.com/American-Politi...ansfers-539300
      So... still no Russian collusion?

Comment

• You don't seee it as stratigic because you don't get persuasion. You have missed most of president Trump's pursausion techniques so far.

The longer people are talking about it before losing interest is key. Look at the fake news awards, generated so much web traffic that it crashed the GOP site.

I will also add i think part of what will be released is abuses with unmasking requeats, we havent even scratched the surface. Susan Rice said she leaked nothing to nobody, meaning she leaked everything to everyone.

Comment

• Someone found out that a 100-year-old HP Lovecraft poem has the same meter as Billy Joel's piano man:

[youtube]CKKTqB_Lzv0[/youtube]

Thro? the ghoul-guarded gateways of slumber,
          Past the wan-moon?d abysses of night,
          I have liv?d o?er my lives without number,
          I have sounded all things with my sight;
          And I struggle and shriek ere the daybreak, being driven to madness with fright.

I have whirl?d with the earth at the dawning,
          When the sky was a vaporous flame;
          I have seen the dark universe yawning,
          Where the black planets roll without aim;
          Where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge or lustre or name.

I had drifted o?er seas without ending,
          Under sinister grey-clouded skies
          That the many-fork?d lightning is rending,
          That resound with hysterical cries;
          With the moans of invisible daemons that out of the green waters rise.

I have plung?d like a deer thro? the arches
          Of the hoary primordial grove,
          Where the oaks feel the presence that marches
          And stalks on where no spirit dares rove;
          And I flee from a thing that surrounds me, and leers thro? dead branches above.

I have stumbled by cave-ridden mountains
          That rise barren and bleak from the plain,
          I have drunk of the fog-foetid fountains
          That ooze down to the marsh and the main;
          And in hot cursed tarns I have seen things I care not to gaze on again.

I have scann?d the vast ivy-clad palace,
          I have trod its untenanted hall,
          Where the moon writhing up from the valleys
          Shews the tapestried things on the wall;
          Strange figures discordantly woven, which I cannot endure to recall.

I have peer?d from the casement in wonder
          At the mouldering meadows around,
          At the many-roof?d village laid under
          The curse of a grave-girdled ground;
          And from rows of white urn-carven marble I listen intently for sound.

I have haunted the tombs of the ages,
          I have flown on the pinions of fear
          Where the smoke-belching Erebus rages,
          Where the jokulls loom snow-clad and drear:
          And in realms where the sun of the desert consumes what it never can cheer.

I was old when the Pharaohs first mounted
          The jewel-deck?d throne by the Nile;
          I was old in those epochs uncounted
          When I, and I only, was vile;
          And Man, yet untainted and happy, dwelt in bliss on the far Arctic isle.

Oh, great was the sin of my spirit,
          And great is the reach of its doom;
          Not the pity of Heaven can cheer it,
          Nor can respite be found in the tomb:
          Down the infinite aeons come beating the wings of unmerciful gloom.

Thro? the ghoul-guarded gateways of slumber,
          Past the wan-moon?d abysses of night,
          I have liv?d o?er my lives without number,
          I have sounded all things with my sight;
          And I struggle and shriek ere the daybreak, being driven to madness with fright.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Sadly, for you,(1) it's not the truth to say Democrats created a 'fake document' which was(2) the sole basis for the FISA warrant. The Dossier contains, at a minimum, (3)a lot of truth, and (4)we know for a fact (I believe) that it wasn't the only FISA basis.
            You're putting words in my mouth.

1. I said officers working for the government in a Democrat administration should be allowed to help create and use a false document We know that the DNC and the Hillary campaign paid for the dossier. We know that the FBI paid Stone's expenses at the least. The whole point of my post was to ask, "Which is more dangerous to you progs, a Trump presidency or internal spying by the government on American citizens.
            2. I didn't say it was the sole reason. Currently, we know that a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign was rejected (!) by the court, but that the same request was allowed post-dossier.
            3. What? And when I ask, I mean something relevant to the diagnosis that Trump was a threat to the US because he could or was being blackmailed.
            4. Agreed. Notice how # 4 cuts against # 2 assertion you made.

As I said, I believe the whole sordid mess should be made public. I conceded your point on that weeks ago. But that doesn't mean that, by not releasing it, we can say that it is equally harmful to the Rs as the Ds. What if the supposed crimes are such that release of the memo would prejudice a jury? What if, as we speak, leads are being followed that would be compromised were the memo public? We don't know the reason, but I'm with Kap in saying let's keep after it because the story is beginning to flesh out.

DSL: in your opinion, was Trump such a threat to the US that the deep state should use "any means necessary" to prevent his election?
            Last edited by Da Geezer; January 21, 2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• American obesity is hurting the US military...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I just posted the genius of a HP Lovecraft poem set to a Billy Joel song and you guys still want to talk politics?

Priorities, people. Priorities.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Can talk all you want about the dossier and verified claims but Comey testified that the dossier was “salacious and unverified” as of June 2017. If the FBI director testified that it was unverified as of June 2017, then how could it be verified in September 2016?

Comment

• Billy Joel? You a Brittney Spears fan too?

Lovecraft should not be subjected to such nonsense. That's like colorizing Ansel Adams photos.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Great news!! 48% think Trump is mentally stable!

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        Billy Joel? You a Brittney Spears fan too?

Lovecraft should not be subjected to such nonsense. That's like colorizing Ansel Adams photos.
                        Billy Joel and Brittany Spears are musical equivalents? You're drunk, Jon. Let me call you a cab.

(You're a cab)
                        Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 21, 2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Billy Joel can be polarizing. Few bother to cover his songs, which is a tell. But some of them are truly good songs and there's no denying that.

Comment

• I am not a Billy Joel super fan; however, he has a number of quality tunes. The comparison to Spears is unsound.

Comment

• In fact, it is outrageous, egregious, preposterous!!

Comment

• I'll grant his choice in wives hasn't been bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X