Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
    were thinking about the trent jones trail next year
    You need to. Alabama has some of the best golf in the nation. The RTJ trail is world class.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      For the fuck of it I'll start thinking about my favorite scenes from The Wire. This one is certainly in the top 10, probably top 5:

Snoop from The Wire's Grand Entrance - YouTube

Damn it. If this keeps up, will have to watch the series for the 11th time.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA
        We offer discount Arizona golf vacation packages to Phoenix and Scottsdale and a free service to schedule your discount tee times. Get a free quote.

stepped right off the plane to play 18
        played 18 yesterday back on the plane to a mountain of ice on our cars at MCI
        took friggin an hour to get out of the airport --needed one of those deicing machines they use on planes

Comment

AA
          We offer discount Arizona golf vacation packages to Phoenix and Scottsdale and a free service to schedule your discount tee times. Get a free quote.

stepped right off the plane to play 18
          played 18 yesterday back on the plane to a mountain of ice on our cars at MCI
          took friggin an hour to get out of the airport --needed one of those deicing machines they use on planes
          Nice. Thanks for the link.

Comment

• that armed security guard at that school is going to wish he was dead instead of sitting outside figuring out his retirement issues

every cop is trained now don't wait for backup-attempt to engage immediately

far as teachers armed--theres a good deal of them that would do it for a little extra money but they sure as hell need something to identify themselves as armed in a situation like that lord knows one would get shot from a friendly fire deal

need quick access to a vest or a hat or something that stands out thats close bye to wear incase they have to engage. read somewhere where that kid went back into the same classroom 3 times

cruz evidentantly called 911 along with 2 911 calls from the family worried for their safety

cruz claimed "they are going to gut me"

wonder what drugs he was on for mood stabilizer
            wonder how many times this kid played call of duty
            wonder if they track opioid and sudafed prescriptions why they can't keep track of a nikolas cruz who who said he wanted to be an school shooter on social media and then was linked to multiple guns including legally obtaining an 'assault weapon as a teenager' who is expelled from school and then in a 911 call and then had a physical incident with another at the residence he was at ---to include battering the home somehow doesnt make anybody's tracking system. red flag red flag red flag

agree with banning all weapons that have some kind of automatic function
            agree with limiting magazines to a certain size banning bump stocks

not sure about banning 18-21 year olds from carrying but a lot of these school shooters certainly are of that age

we have a military might entice a few to go in and get some discipline if they want the ability to access weapons at age 18-21

wish they would make a mandatory draft for these kids who aren't in college to start their lives with some discipline

Comment

• ran into another golf junkie on the plane

talked for awhile--he and 37 of his buddies are renting a skybox for the 16th hole at the par 3 waste management course --the stadium skybox costs 52,000 dollars has room for 37 and you get unlimited appetizers and a fully stocked bar as part of the deal

that is only 1500 dollars apiece for all 4 days of hole 16 debauchery

there plan is to give up 1 day for like 20,000 dollars enabling them to go play golf and only have to pay 32,000 which makes it less then a grand apiece for thursday saauturday and sunday

focking brilliant if this guys numbers and days are accurate which I'm pretty sure its close

Comment

• I would not agree to a magazine size reduction or limit and automatics are already restricted. The AR he carried was a semi.

Bump stocks are silly. You don't even need a bump stock to make a rifle perform that way.

Comment

• all political points to the non gunners--NRA types don't want to give an inch ---they need to back off a little

i don't see why a citizen needs to have a weapons that ranges to over a 1000 yards with a effective range of 500 now who needs 30 round magazines because the second amendment says he can

i don't see the interest in a hunter who picks out a deer from his blind at 4-600 yards and is able to get the kill without moving from his location--those guys don't need assault weapon type guns to get the thrill the true hunter gets from tracking and getting a shot off to a deer that at least has a chance should that hunter make a mistake that gives him away

Comment

• All the major outlets now saying Rick Gates expected to officially plead guilty, cooperate with Mueller, as early as this afternoon.

The plea deal could be a sign that Mr. Gates plans to share incriminating information against Paul Manafort, the former Trump campaign chairman, or other members of the campaign.

Comment

• Kinda seems like Gates was wavering on his plea deal, maybe under pressure from Manafort's team or someone else in Trumpworld. Yesterday's new 32 count indictment was possibly Mueller's response to his dithering. Rampant speculation on my part but doesn't seem unreasonable.

Andy McCarthy wrote yesterday about how the new charges are both much more provable and actually carry tougher sentences. Bank fraud has a max of 30 years.

Comment

• The state of FL has a law that prevents municipalities from passing gun control ordinances. Mayors can be assessed a $5000 fine for doing so.

The point is that anti-gun legislation at or below the State level is going to be difficult if not impossible. The reason is that States don't want to get involved with litigation that will challenge any such gun banning on Constitutional grounds.

A week ago, I would have been outraged by this. Now, having studied it, I'm not outraged at all. The problem for me with this circumstance is that states having such laws haven't done a good job at explaining why they have them ...... and that probably relates to a degree of elitism which goes something like, it's too difficult for most citizens to understand and/or I can't explain this in a 30s interview when I'm confronted by an angry press or voter.

Understanding this stuff is bit more than Civics 101. While I'm not a lawyer I can still get the sense of the impact of existing jurisprudence on 2A. The DC v. Heller case is worth reading and so is both the history of gun control legislation and subsequent challenges to municipal ordinances banning hand-guns (McDonald v. Chicago (08-1521). It sort-of sets the framework for understanding what is and what is not possible or practical.

I wish some adults would help the Never Again movement understand the law and that for right now, it is going to prevent their goal from being achieved at any level of government they are targeting. What the movement needs to be urgently working on are steps that aren't going to run into inevitable Constitutional challenges. talent did a good job of listing some of those ..... that stuff is easy and Municipalities would be fully within their rights to make licensing more difficult as the lethality of the weapon increases or circumstances dictate.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 23, 2018, 10:31 AM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Keep on hearing about hardening the schools make them like the prisons. I don't think that people understand what that means if they have not been involved in the prison system. If you had it like the prisons it would be like this.

Everyone that works in the prison has to swipe an ID that tells them that you are there. So that would mean every student would need an ID. Then you have to walk through a metal detector (first taking off out everything that is metal...loose metal). Then you would have to pat down each individual before being let through. Keep in mind you would need multiple officers of both sexes here. Then the students would have to swipe out in order to leave.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

all political points to the non gunners--NRA types don't want to give an inch ---they need to back off a little

i don't see why a citizen needs to have a weapons that ranges to over a 1000 yards with a effective range of 500 now who needs 30 round magazines because the second amendment says he can

i don't see the interest in a hunter who picks out a deer from his blind at 4-600 yards and is able to get the kill without moving from his location--those guys don't need assault weapon type guns to get the thrill the true hunter gets from tracking and getting a shot off to a deer that at least has a chance should that hunter make a mistake that gives him away
                            I don't understand cars that can go 150mph, but I don't think they should be made illegal.

Effective range means nothing. We're not concerned with a sniper attacking a school. Ban 30-round clips? Sure, then you'll have another Cho (the VaTech killer) who attacks a school with two pistols and a bag of clips that are all less than 30 rounds. Then the cry will be to restrict regular pistol clips. Etc, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                              Keep on hearing about hardening the schools make them like the prisons. I don't think that people understand what that means if they have not been involved in the prison system. If you had it like the prisons it would be like this.

Everyone that works in the prison has to swipe an ID that tells them that you are there. So that would mean every student would need an ID. Then you have to walk through a metal detector (first taking off out everything that is metal...loose metal). Then you would have to pat down each individual before being let through. Keep in mind you would need multiple officers of both sexes here. Then the students would have to swipe out in order to leave.
                              I don't think you have to go "full prison" but a metal detector and one way in and one way out is being done now at many schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                You ain't banning guns, dude. End. Of. Story. Banning some guns ain't ending shit or slowing shit. That's the whole point. "We've got to try something!!!" isn't policy.
                                I guess I don?t understand your fatalism on this issue. It doesn?t seem like a viewpoint you share on many issues. And I dont think I?ve called for banning guns. If I have please point me to where. With that said, I would consider it if I thought it could be done constitutionally. I don?t know that it could be.

Crash, sounds like a great golf trip got you and I to agree. At least somewhat.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X