Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who gives a shit?
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• We could be mobilizing for a 3 front war and Kapture would still be using this thread as his Clinton meme toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Who gives a shit?
        You voted for little seizures and blamed Russia for her loss.

She cant even stay upright.

Comment

• But Hiiiiiillllllaaaaarrrrry

You've had your itch scratched. Now get back under the bridge, troll
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• WHY AM I 50 FRACTURES AHEAD YOU MIGHT ASK

haha, cant believe this sickly woman was even considered for POTUS. President with a life alert lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
              Can't be pro life and pro death penalty. I think the state shouldn't have the power to execuite citizens. It's one of the things that make our country great, even the worst of the worst have rights. Also how we treat our accused makes us great. How easy would it be to develope a system of law where we take the accused out back and put them down like a dog? especially for the horiffic crimes.
              Fair enough. I wholehearted agree that how we treat the accused is one of the things that make us great. It's after the conviction that I have an issue with.

I applaud the consistency of your position of being pro life - anti death penalty. That is a rarity. I look at the death penalty as simply the speed lane to Judgement Day.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Russia conducting dry runs.

The US government has accused Russia of remotely targeting the US power grid, as part of its newly unveiled sanctions on the country.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Agree with Jon agreeing about Kapture.

Comment

• It isn't a position I'd take up, but why is pro-life, pro-death an exception to anything dictated by emotion/religious belief in the first place?

Pro-life seeks to secure the futures/lives of the innocent.

pro-death seeks to eradicate those who have lost their humanity.

The constituents that take up this position aren't exactly beholden to an objective assessment of mortality.

It is strange to me that Kapture's position on this is so enlightened, acknowledging the importance of due diligence in a judicial system where, without it, it would crumble -- then simultaneously curses all systems that are supporting/pushign Mueller investigation

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                        It isn't a position I'd take up, but why is pro-life, pro-death an exception to anything dictated by emotion/religious belief in the first place?

Pro-life seeks to secure the futures/lives of the innocent.

pro-death seeks to eradicate those who have lost their humanity.

The constituents that take up this position aren't exactly beholden to an objective assessment of mortality.

It is strange to me that Kapture's position on this is so enlightened, acknowledging the importance of due diligence in a judicial system where, without it, it would crumble -- then simultaneously curses all systems that are supporting/pushign Mueller investigation
                        pro life doesn't seek to eradicate life.

Just that.

In terms of the Mueller investigation, we have a prosecutor in search of a crime, which originated from a secret surveillance court that used partisan opposition research funded by the democrats and the democrat candidate, to grant a warrant to spy on members of the Trump campaign.

Hillary bought a warrant, and an impeachment investigation. That is not how our system should operate.
                        Last edited by Kapture1; March 16, 2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Good NR article written by someone who's defended Viktor Orban in the past. The line between attacking George Soros and outright antisemitism has always been blurry, but Orban yesterday pretty much let loose. Like the author says, the speech reads like a checklist from the Protocols of Zion and there's no political cause so great that this needs to be re-introduced into public European life.

Incidentally, this also touches on the discussion a while back on whether "globalist" is an antisemitic smear. It doesn't HAVE to be but the word itself originates in speeches like what Orban just gave. Alongside rants about "sneaky money speculators" and "stateless people with no loyalty to country" seeking to corrupt and rot the nation from within...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                            pro life doesn't seek to eradicate life.

Just that.

In terms of the Mueller investigation, we have a prosecutor in search of a crime, which originated from a secret surveillance court that used partisan opposition research funded by the democrats and the democrat candidate, to grant a warrant to spy on members of the Trump campaign.

Hillary bought a warrant, and an impeachment investigation. That is not how our system should operate.
                            But, not.

Ah, yes. Deep state caveat.

Comment

• for me it is. Justifiable use of deadly force in self defense is a separate matter.

Comment

• Hack said:
                                Fair enough; I owe you a clarification. When I say government is not a force for good, I mean it in that proverbial way in which we describe lefties as believing that government programs can be a positive and so we should have more of them. I am not for that. Overall, government is of course a force for good. It's at its most effective however in protecting people from bad things. It's less effective when enhancing people's lives with good things. It should not seek to do more, IMO. It should seek to do less, and do it better. IOW a level playing field. There is no room for corruption on a level playing field.

I'm not picking on government here. Any organization that exceeds a certain size is going to be dysfunctional to a certain degree. That's just the nature of being run by humans. Once we're beyond a small, tight group, we exist on a lowest-common-denominator basis. I think it was Jack Welch who said the ideal working group for any project is 5-10 people, and beyond that you're fucked. In this country we apply our hate for organizational dysfunction to government but not commerce, and I think that's a problem. We love Dilbert and Office Space, but we lack a broad understanding that the private sector is NOT by definition more efficient. The private sector is just as inefficient, because it, too, is run by humans. The private sector just has such a much easier task before it. ``Use money to get more money'' is a far, far easier task than ``govern". And that's before you add the complicating factors of Congress and media.
                                Pretty well said. That is why I have said there is hope for you! This is not a difficult matter to analyze:
                                - Man is evil in his inherent nature
                                - Power corrupts. It does so because of the nature of man. Absolute power corrupts absolutely (Lord Acton).
                                - Power is increased as an organization grows in size and influence.
                                - The greatest potential concentration of power is in the government because only government has the power to kill its enemies or to bankrupt them. Government is the only organization that has the right to guns, and the right to use those guns against its enemies.
                                - The government has a legitimate function in protecting the commons, but nothing more.
                                - It is best for society to atomize everything as much as is possible. Small is better because there is less power to abuse.
                                - Because government is run by humans who have no market constraints imposed upon them, and because government has the guns, it is government that is the greatest threat to a just society.

Comment

Working...
                                X