No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump’s trade ‘gurus”, Ross and Navarro, are making the rounds this morning to assure everyone that things are going exactly as planned and pfft, China’s retaliation is no match for the wisdom of our Great Leader. Stock markets sure are silly!

As they do so, worth keeping in mind that just weeks ago they were predicting that China wouldn’t even retaliate because they had so much more to lose than us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      It's quite possible Trump will never be accused of anything criminal. Likely, actually. Though as the article notes, Dowd was still very wary of allowing Trump to do a sit-down with Mueller because he thought the investigators were just saying this to trick Trump into lowering his guard.
      that's a change of tune. For the last year, dems have been saying every day that charges against Donald Trump as well as articles of Impeachment were coming "any day". SAD!!!!

Comment

• Hey, it's de facto legal in this country for the VP to start a war and have the DOD award no-bid contracts to his unqualified company in which he refused to divest, and to take a SCOTUS judge on a free hunting trip at a time when all this was before the court. Fails the sniff test and the duck test and violates common sense and the spirit of the country and its founding principles, but, formally, there's nothing wrong with all that.

I'll be absolutely shocked if the justice system is able to formally declare what we all know to be true about the extent to which the president is a treasonous criminal. This is an opportunity to stop ignoring what would really and truly make America great again, but I'll be least surprised if it ends up a missed opportunity.

Comment

• this guy is a slow motion trainwreck

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Hey, it's de facto legal in this country for the VP to start a war and have the DOD award no-bid contracts to his unqualified company in which he refused to divest, and to take a SCOTUS judge on a free hunting trip at a time when all this was before the court. Fails the sniff test and the duck test and violates common sense and the spirit of the country and its founding principles, but, formally, there's nothing wrong with all that.

I'll be absolutely shocked if the justice system is able to formally declare what we all know to be true about the extent to which the president is a treasonous criminal. This is an opportunity to stop ignoring what would really and truly make America great again, but I'll be least surprised if it ends up a missed opportunity.

Comment

• Heh. Some posts actually demand meme mocking of some sort.
              Last edited by iam416; April 4, 2018, 11:16 AM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Trump has reportedly told the military to prepare to withdraw the 2000 US troops in Syria.

There are a lot of visuals to this and less real shit going down as far as the military is concerned.

Apparently, there is an ongoing concerted effort to transfer stabilization and reconstruction efforts in Syria to other ME countries and the UN. That effort is supposed to be crucial to keeping Iran and its proxies from taking advantage of circumstances associated with the emerging ineffectiveness of ISIS to do much of anything in the ME as well as keep things that way.

If this actually comes to pass in any sort of productive way that is some important shit. The history of SA and the Gulf states is poor in that regard although the Saudis are concerned about Iran (and "concern" is minimalist description of that - they actually hate Iran and it's Shiite majority) so are motivated to do what is necessary to keep them from their typical destabilizing role in the ME. Egypt and Iraq are sort of just there - they could be important players but that remains to be seen. Lybia is a mess. Forget them. Israel and the Palestinians have their own set of separate problems to deal with.

So getting the big dogs in the ME to actually pick up the slack, get organized with help and subtle pressure from the US and it's allies, and play an important role along with the UN (not holding my breath) to clean up the sandbox, including the utter destruction of the country and the displacement of millions of Syrians, would be a very big deal.

If the Trump administration could pull that off where meaningful outcomes are present in a couple of years, that would be a major and very positive accomplishment.

here's a link to the pretty much useless WAPO story but it does provide some background. Easily skimmed through ......

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 4, 2018, 02:48 PM.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Would be great if all that came to pass, but I’m skeptical. Very.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Too bad Buchanan's Dad didn't withdraw before impregnating his aborigine mother...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Guys, ESPN is going to show a replay of the Masters' Par 3 tournament tonight at 8:00. I just finished watching it. Jack Nicklaus said what happens at the 9th hole it was his # 1 career thrill.

Stan, the foursome they follow is Gary Player (age eighty-two), Jack Nicklaus (seventy-eight) and Tom Watson (sixty-eight). I guess there are some things that older guys can still do as well as young guys.

Comment

• I'll be absolutely shocked if the justice system is able to formally declare what we all know to be true about the extent to which the president is a treasonous criminal. This is an opportunity to stop ignoring what would really and truly make America great again, but I'll be least surprised if it ends up a missed opportunity.
                        Hack. Think really hard and try to come up with anything that would make Trump a "treasonous criminal". You were the one who took the Fusion GPS fake dossier at full face value, linked it here, defended it, and still believes it. That dossier was a big lie, and none of its anti-Trump parts have ever been verified. Shit, I'm not sure that there was ever any attempt to verify it.

But it has been used as a predicate for a FISA warrant in order to wiretap the Trump campaign and the Trump transition team and other American citizens. When the Dems take the House in 2018, you can bet there will be articles of impeachment drawn against Trump, all based on DNC-paid-for opposition research.

I understand you don't watch TV news, but I'd suggest watching the CNN series "The Kennedys". You will find that JFK was in a sexual relationship with the girlfriend of Sam Giancarlo the Mafia boss in Chicago. Talk about the possibility of blackmail! And then there were Bambi and Thumper, and Marylyn Monroe, and a host of others. Trump was a playboy, maybe still is. But he was nowhere as reckless as JFK.

Treason? Really? Playboy? Maybe that makes for a good alpha-male President. Anyway, I await your evidence of Trump, the "treasonous criminal".
                        Last edited by Da Geezer; April 4, 2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          Too bad Buchanan's Dad didn't withdraw before impregnating his aborigine mother...
                          Because that didn't happen, I was born and am still alive, my mother has contacts in Australia. They are cannibals that boil their dinner - you - before they eat them. I asked my Mom to have them pay you a visit.

They're hungry. They know where you live. Lock your doors and windows tonight although they're a resourceful bunch. You might think about fleeing now.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If the Trump administration could pull that off where meaningful outcomes are present in a couple of years, that would be a major and very positive accomplishment.
                            Jeff, I agree with your analysis. Plus, if Trump were to get N Korea and S Korea to agree to make the peninsula nuclear-free, that would be a bigger win than even SA taking over the ground war in Syria. Maybe this is wishful thinking. But if it happens, or anything close, then Trump's approach to foreign policy needs to be recognized as successful.

I don't think that will happen, but if it does, it will be interesting to see how the DNC=MSM will try to spin it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              Hack. Think really hard and try to come up with anything that would make Trump a "treasonous criminal". You were the one who took the Fusion GPS fake dossier at full face value, linked it here, defended it, and still believes it. That dossier was a big lie, and none of its anti-Trump parts have ever been verified. Shit, I'm not sure that there was ever any attempt to verify it.

But it has been used as a predicate for a FISA warrant in order to wiretap the Trump campaign and the Trump transition team and other American citizens. When the Dems take the House in 2018, you can bet there will be articles of impeachment drawn against Trump, all based on DNC-paid-for opposition research.

I understand you don't watch TV news, but I'd suggest watching the CNN series "The Kennedys". You will find that JFK was in a sexual relationship with the girlfriend of Sam Giancarlo the Mafia boss in Chicago. Talk about the possibility of blackmail! And then there were Bambi and Thumper, and Marylyn Monroe, and a host of others. Trump was a playboy, maybe still is. But he was nowhere as reckless as JFK.

Treason? Really? Playboy? Maybe that makes for a good alpha-male President. Anyway, I await your evidence of Trump, the "treasonous criminal".
                              For the record, both Carter Page and Paul Manafort were wiretapped as early as 2013 for totally unrelated activities. That both were known to have Russian intelligence ties and later popped up on Trump's campaign has always been regarded as highly dubious.

In the case of Carter Page, it's an established fact that Russia's spy service was considering his recruitment as a spy in 2013 but gave up after realizing he was an incompetent idiot (not too stupid be a ofreign policy expert on Team Trump though). In the case of Manafort, it's absurd to think he could work closely with Putin's puppet Viktor Yanukovych for an entire decade and not have made connections with Russian intelligence officers.

Why do so many people from the Trump campaign constantly lie about this topic? Just one small example:

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                it will be interesting to see how the DNC=MSM will try to spin it.
                                WTF?! We love nuclear war now!!

Comment

Working...
                                X