No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You leave a city to get a new stadium, the Lions are going nowhere.

Comment

• No, take the Lions please. How about if we throw in the stadium, too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        No, take the Lions please. How about if we throw in the stadium, too?
        The only way they should take the stadium, is if they promise to rebuild the Hudson's store that once stood there.

I don't think the Lions should leave Detroit. I just think the Ford's need to step aside, and let an owner or ownership group come in, and build a Super Bowl contending organization. Give the Ford family perpetual ownership of their private suite at Ford Field, but sell the team, please.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Stolen from the Pistons forum(hope you don't mind hack), but a huge professional accomplishment from one of our own...The New Yorker. Well done hack! This is probably above this forum's(and mine) comprehension level. Glad you dumb it down for us around here.

In considering how to improve microcredit, researchers keep coming back to the same question: “What do poor people really want?”

Comment

• Wow that's really great! Pretty interesting article. I've never really heard about microcredit or considered how getting access to small capital could have an impact on impoverished nations. Although it sounds like microcredit is not having the intended effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              The only way they should take the stadium, is if they promise to rebuild the Hudson's store that once stood there.

I don't think the Lions should leave Detroit. I just think the Ford's need to step aside, and let an owner or ownership group come in, and build a Super Bowl contending organization. Give the Ford family perpetual ownership of their private suite at Ford Field, but sell the team, please.
              It was the Hudson warehouse and was incorporated into the stadium.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Thanks Oracle and drok -- kind of you. I'm definitely very happy with it and how it came out. It's a web piece and won't be in the magazine, but the print edition is something to aim for...

Comment

• I'd be really interested to read more that you have out there. Is there anything you'd like to particularly point me to?

Comment

• The ones I'm proudest of are here: https://www.foreignaffairs.com/authors/matt-mossman. In particular the bottom three. Thanks for reading!

Comment

• Thanks Hack. I likely won't get to it for a few days, but I look forward to reading more. Sounds like you've been able to do some interesting traveling with some unique experiences.

Comment

• Ridiculously unique.

Comment

• Good stuff, hack! Now I see where all your brain-power has gone, leaving only little bits left to use here and determine things like how everyone looks like Scottie Pippen.

Comment

• It's true. I found a client that's a bit of a weird one but gets me traveling. Happy reading, but no worries if you don't get to it...

JD, the real problem is jetlag. At some point basically everyone in the airport looks like Scottie Pippen.

Comment

• Impressive, my friend.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It was the Hudson warehouse and was incorporated into the stadium.
                                My mistake. I was going on the word of someone else who said part of it was the old Hudson's store. They probably meant the Hudson's warehouse.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X