X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Geezer....[emoji48]. It was sarcasm...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Mike:

I agree about Yale. Yale used to be the home of the "Skull and Bones" , and now those students are frightened little creampuffs whose feelings are hurt by what is said about hypothetical halloween costumes!

But the Yalies are behaving exactly like the Germans behaved toward the Jews after 1933 (circling them and yelling taunts). My Dad fought the Germans in the Dutch resistance. He would say so often that all of the continent knew what was coming, and many Jews left Europe. He also was proud that the Dutch did not give up their Jews (all the Dutch wore the yellow star that the Jews were required to wear). The French happily gave up their Jews.

This campus stuff is just silly, but that is exactly what Germany and Europe thought of the Nazis until it was too late.

Now the "activists" in MO want to meet with the governor. I think they should grow a set, shut up, and sit around in dorms and discuss their problems with the white kids that care. There will be a lot of them who do. The absolutely first question I asked a black kid my freshmen year was " Do black folk tan? Why lay out on this beach?" I was a white guy from an all white school, and he knew I was clueless. But I got my answer, and we are friends to this day.

Comment

• Entropy:

I was writing while you posted. Roger that. My mistake. Sorry.

Comment

• Mike .. Hey .. just because I'm twice Jon's size doesn't mean I owe a double apology ...
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            Entropy:

I was writing while you posted. Roger that. My mistake. Sorry.

It wasn't obvious... But I don't mind mocking Missouri. I try to make it a regular habit in fact.

Comment

• And things are getting worse... Social media threats of killing black students is just the latest

Comment

• And here I thought angry mobs would make things better. I wonder if the idiots on anti-social media are students/faculty of Mizzou. My guess is they are not.

Comment

• Social media is for drooling idiots. They are simply apps dedicated to wasting time. Using a device designed for communication in a manner to uplift a person from the tedium of writing, how is the phone used? Rather than call a person and socially interact on a real time basis, one texts, IMs, twits, or facebooks...all in writing. And not even in remotely proper English. The mentally impaired swoon when someone 'says' something bad about them on social media - as if anyone really cares. The intellectually deficient actually believe they are 'doing something about it' when outraged about some nonsensical issue by 'tweeting'. We have become a nation of blithering idiots who continually lower our cranial usage through technology.

Its even effected our financial system, where fundamentals no longer matter. Morons make money because there seemingly is an endless supply of morons. Take facebook as an example. They have a couple of million dollars in servers and and an equal amount in expensive office space. Toss in hardware and software maintenance people, and you've got $50 million in assets. So what is the market cap of facebook? $300 billion!!!! How can that be? Because morons buying fb at outrageous prices know there will always be more morons out there willing to buy the stock at stupid prices sending the stock higher on an endless cycle because there's endless morons. Facebook has a higher market cap than General Electric. GE!!! If everything were to crash tomorrow, who's physical assets would you rather have? Facebook or GE?

A personal experience: My wife's cousin, who she was very close to, passed away. The siblings charged my wife's sister with getting the information out to family here in the north. Weeks went by and word made it here that there was grreat disappointment that few people from up here attended the funeral much less even called with condolences. This was the first my wife had even heard about the passing. When angerly confronted, my wife's sister tried to exonerate herself with the simple statement: "I put it on facebook!"

Social media is idiot enabling software dedicated to the waste of time and reduction of social interaction.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• ...... and Jon, would you like to review how you feel about The Patriot Act for us?

I've missed your rants on this subject.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• LOL

Good post Jon
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Heh. I'm in Texas right now, getting ready to visit customers. I don't need to put myself in a foul mood before showtime!
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• agree.. good post Jon.

when one reads articles like this: http://www.vox.com/2015/6/3/8706323/...ofessor-afraid

..it becomes difficult not to wonder if movie Idocracy was actually a documentary rather than entertainment. Living in bubbles doesn't expand the mind, it limits.

Comment

• I've read that before. Great peice. The video of the Yale girl screaming at the professor is a bit frightening and then there were students spitting on people who attended a free speech forum on campus. Absolute insanity. These people are unhinged. Is this a biproduct of the "everyone gets a trophy" culture?

Comment

• wait until this spills over into employment...

Comment

• Great post Jon. I have not heard you yet regarding the Patriot Act, but I hope to.

I agree totally about FB, twitter, texting, all that social crap. Sit in an airport and watch other folks. They are all hunched over with their phones. Disgusting. Argumentation is one talent that you can do all of your life. Kinda like golf. One goes right....one goes left....

Comment

Working...
                                X