No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The key question for me is what was the electorate for this election. It was close to presidential year levels, was it a replication of that type of electorate or did more irregulars turn out.

I'll say this, two years is a long time, all kinds of things happen. Over two elections we have seen the Trump strategy of all base all the time and it has a durable electorate but it is a high floor, low ceiling and it is tough to win that way. His strategy is the living personification of the missing white voter thesis that Sean Trende identified in 2012. Trump has activated the rural counties but that is not enough. Trump has to do some Clinton style triangulation, I don't think he has that kind of political skill.

If the Democrats take the presidency, they will add on to their house totals in my opinion.

Comment

• The Ds will win the Presidency and they may add a few seats to the House. They still have some room to improve to the lower 240s. But they'll be small gains. Like the Rs in 2014.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Kapture- Again, Sinema isn't part of the Far Left anymore. She's to the right of most Dem Senators. Unless you think her voting record of the past 6 years was all just cover for her eventual Maoist coming-out party.

Comment

• The best Dems can do is realize that not all races call for either a centrist OR a so-called "radical". Jon Ossoff ran as a centrist in suburban Atlanta, lost, and then the same seat was won by a much more leftist candidate a year later. Run candidates that are popular locally because not ALL politics are national...at least not yet

Comment

• shaddup
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Richard Shelby was a dem until he started calling himself a Repub. Many of the congressmen and representatives from the South and Plains are centrist if not conservative.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 10.19.39 AM.png
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Kapture- Again, Sinema isn't part of the Far Left anymore. She's to the right of most Dem Senators. Unless you think her voting record of the past 6 years was all just cover for her eventual Maoist coming-out party.
                  six years ago Arizonians were crazy and the state was the Meth Lab of democracy. The radical, anti american lesbian feminist doesn't change her stripes, only an idiot believes she is a moderate.

fortunately we are talking about the state that gave us all McCain and Flake, so plenty of fucking idiots it seems, perhaps Sinema was correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    The Ds will win the Presidency and they may add a few seats to the House. They still have some room to improve to the lower 240s. But they'll be small gains. Like the Rs in 2014.

Rs didn't win the presidency in 2012 after 0bama lost over 60 house seats and what? 6 Senate seats in his first midterm?

not worried. There might be a few landmines out there, but the leftist presidential field are not a threat to Trump.

Comment

• So, what if HRC runs in 2020? I think she is an unpalatable D candidate ..... and a good deal of that, IMO, has to do with a piece I heard on PBS a couple nights ago. In it, the commentator pointed out that the Dem controlled House now has an average representative age of at or near 40. Pelosi is not what this youth movement would looking toward for leadership even though it is unlikely there will be another Speaker other than her.

Is this a national electorate reflection of a relative youth movement? If so, is their an identifiable political position that this group has (i.e., moderate or radical Dem)? Maybe ..... I don't follow this kind of thing closely enough. Others here do.

Let's say there is a youth movement - a new generation of Dems and the House make-up reflects a more centrist or moderate political position of the left nationally. To me Hillary is old, really old .......even though she might fashion a campaign that looks centrist or moderate, she is fundamentally an old, old style, traditional liberal somewhat to the left of the center liberalism. She's not going to be a particularly appealing Dem nominee for the party if I have the youth movement right and if I also have it right that this movement is right of center liberalism.

Who is the ideal Dem candidate for president in 2020 then?
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hillary if she runs.

Gonna be hilarious.

Trump's biggest threats are Michelle 0bama, Kamala Harris, and Joe 'I Smell Children' Biden.

Comment

• Hitlary seems to be someone who doesn't learn from her mistakes. If she really thinks she can win a POTUS Election well then she's not the smartest woman in the world as she proclaims to be.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hillary is poison. She needs to go the fuck away.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Let's say there is a youth movement - a new generation of Dems and the House make-up reflects a more centrist or moderate political position of the left nationally
                              Let's not say that. The new generation of Dems ain't fucking centrist by a longshot.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Texas is going to go blue by 2024. No later than 2028. This was, indeed, the most favorable that the Senate map is going to be for the Rs, perhaps ever. In between massive demographic shifts and the Democrats' uncanny ability to unearth ballots hidden in the trunks of automobiles when their candidate is down a percentage point, we are probably a decade away from a permanent one party rule. Donald Trump won Texas by the same margin that he won Ohio and Ted Cruz barely just held onto his Senate seat. This was likely his last victory. And if Texas flips, we're finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X