No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was waiting for Israel to be blamed for it.

Its still early I guess ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      I was waiting for Israel to be blamed for it.

Its still early I guess ...
      Well the Lebanese PM is saying it was 2700 tons of ammonium nitrate in a warehouse so...

Comment

• But Israel cleverly planted the 2700 tons of ammonium nitrate, .. and then remotely set it off...

That IDF group is pretty clever ...
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            .......Grow the fuck up.
            Heheheh. Boy are you easy to trigger into a delusional screed. But with Kapture MIA, you're filling in admirably.

Carry on.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• When you desperately resort to Kapture I know I've won. There's literally nothing in my post that isn't true...and you know it.

Oh, wait, I'm sorry -- you, Ghenghis Jon, were just waiting to unite behind PDJT. Good god. That's an insult to delusional.

Grow the fuck up. Be honest.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Kris Kobach lost in the R Senate Primary last night despite receiving tons of support from dark money from the.....Democrats. Yes, he really is THAT awful of a general election candidate.

I personally think the explosion of the primary system is the biggest contributing reason for hyper-partisanship. And the fact that the voters were almost stuck with Kobach v Someone AGAIN is certainly evidence of that.

Comment

• Okay, you two, hug it out.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU. Make yourself useful -- I'm thinking of taking up the Caro-Kann because the Sicillian is probably a touch above my ability. I like it, but there are still situations where I end up confused and w/ terrible opening positions. I'm already playing King's Indian on occasion as black. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Kris Kobach lost in the R Senate Primary last night despite receiving tons of support from dark money from the.....Democrats. Yes, he really is THAT awful of a general election candidate.

I personally think the explosion of the primary system is the biggest contributing reason for hyper-partisanship. And the fact that the voters were almost stuck with Kobach v Someone AGAIN is certainly evidence of that.
                      I wonder if Dems were also crossing over to vote for Sheriff Joe. That race hasn't been called to my knowledge and he was only behind by about 500 votes out of 350,000+

All this rat-fucking is fun to follow. We now know that Trump campaign people or Republican operatives have been the ones filing the paperwork to get Kanye West on the ballot in various states.

Couple other notable results: A prog wiped out the Clay political dynasty that has ruled St. Louis for 50 years. Freshman Republican Steve Watkins, whose 'home address' in his district turned out to be a UPS store, was fired in Kansas. And Missouri passed Medicaid expansion, the 6th GOP-dominated state to do so by referendum

Comment

• I’m not a huge fan of the Caro-Kahn. I went through a phase where I played it. It just didn’t fit my style or offer the dynamics that I tend to excel at. It’s a tough but to crack for those so inclined. When I play it, I usually stay off the beaten path (as is my bent) and go with the two knights variation.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, playing you is perpetually annoying for so many reasons. I was just looking at the C-K and it seems like a relatively straight-forward system with fairly straight-forward core principles. From what I could tell, the advance variation is probably the hardest to deal with.

In any event, the Sicillian has so many fucking lines after, say, 2 moves, that I end up in the weeds too much and I'm not equipped to bushwack my way out of them. I probably need another 5000 games playing it and a new brain.

Comment

• With a lot of openings, you need to know the traps and enough to have a reasonable position after 10 moves or so. After that, it’s essentially just tactics. There are exceptions. The GD Ruy Lopez players, for example, memorize the 30-odd variations each to about 35 moves deep. I hate that drudgery. That’s why I’ll never let them play their precious.

Comment

• Right. And my goal is to find openings I can play to 8-10 moves w/o fucking myself sideways. I should say it's not annoying to play you -- just very difficult -- especially w/ Sicillian b/c I end up in the weeds by move 5. It seems there are other, better, options that would give me a better chance to get to some sort of parity for the middle game, where I could then blunder on tactics.

In any event, it's mostly w/ players at my level that you end up w/ wild openings. Sometimes it's very good and occasionally I end up flummoxed. Against better players or, you know, fucking 2400 players like you, I need to simplify early and try to give myself a shot in the middle. I'd obviously have zero chance in an endgame.

Anywho, any morning we can enlighten this hellhole with chess talk is a good morning.

Comment

• On my best day, I was a 2100 and change. I hover at 1850-1950 now. My son plays at a 1700 level or so. I know I’m slipping because he nips me occasionally.

Comment

Working...
                                X