Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Dude at Pelosi's desk has been arrested back in Arkansas. One of the more famous morons.

https://www.npr.org/sections/congres...-been-arrested
    How did they ever find out who it was?

Comment

• And you may have heard about this guy...Derrick Evans, a newly elected delegate to the West Virginia legislature was arrested on federal charges after he took part in the break-in. Derrick was one of the many geniuses who helpfully live-streamed his escapades.

Delegate Derrick Evans, R-Wayne, livestreamed and then deleted videos from inside the Capitol, but others took screenshots and videos of the original videos.

Honestly most of the people like Derrick who were busy uploading shit to social media are utter clowns and I can't get too angry if many just see minor charges

But those two dudes with the zipties and handguns...and if there were more guys like them...those guys weren't there to pose for selfies and shoot tiktok videos. I'll be very interested to see who they might have been, if we ever find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Whitlock invokes the Puritans as the original Trumpers, I don't think he's making the astute point he's thinking he's making. They believed in their freedom of expression and religion not yours. They banished you if you didn't follow their beliefs, just ask Roger Williams. This is 5th grade American History and Whitlock can't even understand what a dumb point he's trying to make. what a hack.
        TBF I didn't find that part of the column to be particularly poignant, but the description of the phenomenon of Trumpism and its underlying causes is spot on.

A return to the paradigms of 2012 is not coming. The votes of 74 million people cannot be ignored, nor can the massive crowds that have shown up in DC twice in the past two months. That's the big unwritten story of the week. The Right mobilized massive grassroots demonstrations that have normally been reserved for the Left, and they did it without any positive media coverage or support from Hollywood celebrities. Whitlock is correct that you can't just write off the movement as being a bunch of racist bumpkins. Especially when you have been firmly in control of the country's cultural institutions for all of recent memory and you have had a lifetime to shove your message down people's throats.
        Last edited by Hannibal; January 8, 2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• But those two dudes with the zipties and handguns...and if there were more guys like them...those guys weren't there to pose for selfies and shoot tiktok videos. I'll be very interested to see who they might have been, if we ever find out.
          My local news channels have been naming every Michigan person arrested. Right down to the the most dangerous and vile "curfew breakers". Still waiting for the list of potential felons who may have got a parking ticket in the district that night. They must be ousted!

If there are any signs of conservatism in anyone arrested going back 3 generations, it will be reported...

Comment

• When you see those people storming the capitol building, they may not be racist bumpkins, they could be racist rich people. Who knows but threatening violence to overturn the results is stupid.

As far as 74 million votes cannot be ignored, it is the fucking strangest talking point. Those votes aren't ignored, the results of those 74 million votes are 50 senators, hefty minority in the house and clear loss in the presidential loss. Never has anyone been so blatant about insisted those 74 million votes are more important than the 81 million for the other side that they are actively trying to overthrow the presidential election. It has been fucking ridiculous. He lost fair and square.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              ..... but the description of the phenomenon of Trumpism and its underlying causes is spot on.....

What a clown (JW that is). That fantasy screed has all the gravity and substance of the BLM manifesto. It could be used as evidence of delusion in a commitment hearing. But Whitlock's high comedy fantasies show how detached from reality some segments of our society have become. Same for extremists on the left. If someone actually truly take to heart this sort of nonsense from either side, they need counseling, plain and simple.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• JW is brilliant...but of course he's dismissed as an Uncle Tom by his WOKE profession and "enlightened libs"...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  JW is brilliant...but of course he's dismissed as an Uncle Tom by his WOKE profession and "enlightened libs"...
                  Hey, my nieces- even the communist ones- who know EVERYTHING- NEVER confuse me with Whitlock.

Comment

• You are insufferable. All of you. Every last one. We could be ranking the best Olive Garden entrees. Discussing why the Germans are the worst people in the world. Arguing if General Tso’s chicken is the fake Chinese food version of McNuggets. Lamenting the extinction of the fullback in major college football..But NOooooOOOOooo. We gotta talk about morons in DC, politicians, media, and rioters alike.

Well, you can say what you like about me, but if you think I’m gonna just sit back and let you pile on Wiz and call him a ridiculous frozen wing-pushing simpleton who can suck the dimples off a golf ball, well, you are probably right. But that’s beside the point, stay with me, here: Ohio State will crush Bama. Let me put it this way, that Clemson team that they dismantled would have beaten us. It’s gonna get ugly, and before you ask, yes, I have had a couple of muscle relaxers and a scotch or two. Leave me alone about that. As I have said before, EVERY DAY after I get up, I look in the mirror, and say, “Joe, you’re gonna have to stop drinking.” Then I think to myself, “Thank god my name’s not Joe.”

Bah. Dismissed. F! Take a seat. Get your hands off me, I'll show my own self out.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'd prefer that you show yourself over the edge of a cliff, but out will have to do. Goddamn sandbaggers. The fucking worst.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lighten up Joe. One of these posters may save your life someday you understand that soldier?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Germans can never be the worst people in my mind. Those people gave us sauerbraten and strudel. The English and French are filled with envy of the Germans' creative culinary prowess.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• EFZ
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Remember...according to Marge Schott...Hitler just went a little too far...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X