No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPA pretty much not allowed to do anything about climate change. Think everyone knew that was coming.

Biden can end "remain in Mexico". Originally looked like a 5-4 decision but it's really closer to 6-3 with Barrett objecting more in method than end result.

Comment

• The EPA opinion is pretty important. First, as an aside, the EPA tried to moot the issue by saying they have no intention of enforcing the Clean Power Program. So, to the extent this is viewed as curtailing a critical climate change iniative -- and the Media will surely say as much -- the EPA had already tanked it. Second, and most importantly, it's an important case for administrative authority. This is a real fight going on and it is, IMO, a really important one. One the one hand, folks siding with the EPA would say that Congress can't possibly address the multitudinal issues facing the country so it's ok if an agency takes an expansive view of its properly delegated authority. On the other hand, the States would say that's your fucking job. It's ok to delegate the minutia and details to an agency, but the delegation has to be clear. And it's important because Congress is directly responsive to the voters and Agencies are not.

So, this a very big win for some sort of limits to Administrative power. The actual specific facts of this case almost don't matter because, well, -- I mean, they don't -- the EPA had represented that it wasn't going to enforce the program. The PRINCIPLE, though is hugely important. I'm very well-pleased with that outcome.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He was also a statue.. There's this underlying paranoia (not unlike the fear of clowns) among the Prog sector that statues have some sort of paranormal effect on anyone that comes near them.
        Woody Williams didn't fear no fucking statue!

So should we add the letters DS&L to the end of LBGTQIA+?
        OK. First, THE "G" IS SECOND. Your ignorance is violence and makes me feel unsafe. Second, there already IS an "L" in LBGTQIA+. But you, as a CIS MALE, think we should just put equity aside and give "L" twice as much recognition before we even have a single D or a single S?? You have been called out on your bigotry because silence is violence.

Am I doing the "am I doing this right", right?
        Last edited by Mike; June 30, 2022, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• I think the Court was also right on the "Remains" in Mexico case. Once you determine the Executive has the authority to issue the order/rule, it's now only a question of following the APA. You can get hyper-technical on it, but fundamentally I think they followed it. So, you know, whatever. It's a political and policy question. The Court ought not be choosing a side on this one unless the recission was improper under the formal rules and on that I agree with the Court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Woody Williams didn't fear no fucking statue!

OK. First, THE "G" IS SECOND. Your ignorance is violence and makes me feel unsafe. Second, there already IS an "L" in LBGTQIA+. But you, as a SIS MALE, think we should just put equity aside and give "L" twice as much recognition before we even have a single D or a single S?? You have been called out on your bigotry because silence is violence.

Am I doing the "am I doing this right", right?
            I sit corrected. My apologies to you and all freaks everywhere.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              The EPA opinion is pretty important. First, as an aside, the EPA tried to moot the issue by saying they have no intention of enforcing the Clean Power Program. So, to the extent this is viewed as curtailing a critical climate change iniative -- and the Media will surely say as much -- the EPA had already tanked it. Second, and most importantly, it's an important case for administrative authority. This is a real fight going on and it is, IMO, a really important one. One the one hand, folks siding with the EPA would say that Congress can't possibly address the multitudinal issues facing the country so it's ok if an agency takes an expansive view of its properly delegated authority. On the other hand, the States would say that's your fucking job. It's ok to delegate the minutia and details to an agency, but the delegation has to be clear. And it's important because Congress is directly responsive to the voters and Agencies are not.

So, this a very big win for some sort of limits to Administrative power. The actual specific facts of this case almost don't matter because, well, -- I mean, they don't -- the EPA had represented that it wasn't going to enforce the program. The PRINCIPLE, though is hugely important. I'm very well-pleased with that outcome.
              Biggest EPA issue since Walter Peck turned off the power grid in NYC...
              Attached Files
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                The EPA opinion is pretty important. First, as an aside, the EPA tried to moot the issue by saying they have no intention of enforcing the Clean Power Program. So, to the extent this is viewed as curtailing a critical climate change iniative -- and the Media will surely say as much -- the EPA had already tanked it. Second, and most importantly, it's an important case for administrative authority. This is a real fight going on and it is, IMO, a really important one. One the one hand, folks siding with the EPA would say that Congress can't possibly address the multitudinal issues facing the country so it's ok if an agency takes an expansive view of its properly delegated authority. On the other hand, the States would say that's your fucking job. It's ok to delegate the minutia and details to an agency, but the delegation has to be clear. And it's important because Congress is directly responsive to the voters and Agencies are not.

I didn't look at the majority opinion very much but Gorsuch's concurrence was obviously written to attack the Administrative State in general. That the EPA was the subject of this case was pretty irrelevant to the argument he's making.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  EPA pretty much not allowed to do anything about climate change. Think everyone knew that was coming.

Biden can end "remain in Mexico". Originally looked like a 5-4 decision but it's really closer to 6-3 with Barrett objecting more in method than end result.
                  I must have misunderstood you when you previewed the decisions yesterday, but I got the impression that you were rather sanguine about the WV decision. I remember either Tom or Mike was also hoping for an ERA "beatdown" that you predicted was not going to happen.

This seems to me to be a pretty fair beatdown. The EPA trying to moot the actual issue of administrative overreach is pretty telling, too. They know what they do is extra-constitutional. Any decision that makes Congress do its job is a win for non-squad Americans.

All you progs out there are worried about the SC banning contraceptions or inter-racial marriage. What you should be worried about IMO is that the SC declares woke climate change a religion and treats it as such.
                  Last edited by Da Geezer; June 30, 2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• If that happened then $5 gas would seem cheap.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

I must have misunderstood you when you previewed the decisions yesterday, but I got the impression that you were rather sanguine about the WV decision. I remember either Tom or Mike was also hoping for an ERA "beatdown" that you predicted was not going to happen.
                      ? I definitely don't remember saying that I thought the Court would side with the EPA and I don't think anyone else did either...?

Comment

I didn't look at the majority opinion very much but Gorsuch's concurrence was obviously written to attack the Administrative State in general. That the EPA was the subject of this case was pretty irrelevant to the argument he's making.
                        Gorsuch is never going to stop beating on the Administrative state. Ever.

Comment

• When is DSL just going to admit he's a communist?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            When is DSL just going to admit he's a communist?
                            When you admit your "secret wing sauce" is just a couple of McNugget dip sauces mixed together.

Comment

? I definitely don't remember saying that I thought the Court would side with the EPA and I don't think anyone else did either...?
                              post 80507

Geezer :What is the substance of that case?

Also, I think there is a case out of WV that may put limitations on bureaucrats promulgating rules (laws), executing those laws, and adjudicating those laws.

I bet every elected Congressman is pulling for the bureaucrats

DSL reply:Alito and Thomas were on the losing side so I'm guessing you won't like the outcome.

The EPA and the "stay in Mexico" cases will be released tomorrow. Won't be today.

Mike: Shit. I was hoping for an EPA smack down.

There goes 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Comment

I thought you said that the losing side's opinion in WV v. EPA was written by Alito and another conservative judge. The implication being that it was an EPA victory.

Comment

Working...
                                X