Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    One can recognize there's a problem while acknowledging that putting two dozen people on a tiny plane to Martha's Vineyard is, in fact, a stunt. It's not a legitimate effort to solve anything. It's not productive. He wasn't trying to have a meaningful dialogue with progs by doing it. It's "dunking on the libs" for likes and applause on social media.

Lot of data about border apprehensions here. Believe this is a pro-immigrant site but the data comes from DHS.

Rising Border Encounters in 2021: An Overview and Analysis | American Immigration Council
    It's potentially addressing Florida's problem.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "That's not how it works. It's not like someone walks over."

bensman-10-6-21-p1.jpg

Comment

• One can recognize there's a problem
        Yeah, as The Chairman says, a problem created by DJT w/ his thoughtless "Remain in Mexico" policy.

Comment

One can recognize there's a problem while acknowledging that putting two dozen people on a tiny plane to Martha's Vineyard is, in fact, a stunt. It's not a legitimate effort to solve anything. It's not productive. He wasn't trying to have a meaningful dialogue with progs by doing it. It's "dunking on the libs" for likes and applause on social media.

Lot of data about border apprehensions here. Believe this is a pro-immigrant site but the data comes from DHS.

Rising Border Encounters in 2021: An Overview and Analysis | American Immigration Council
          It's shining a light on the problem and democracy dies in darkness. Well, not on Gov. Desantis' watch!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yeah, as The Chairman says, a problem created by DJT w/ his thoughtless "Remain in Mexico" policy.
            I'm fine with that but what do you do about boat people? Force them back to wait in Cuba or Venezuela and they're likely to be thrown in jail.

Comment

• There's a tremendous amount of frustration watching The Chairman's border policy manifest itself in the only way it was ever going to manifest itself. It wasn't like Texas and Florida started busing immigrants immediately. But, after 2 years of watching The Chairman MAKE THE PROBLEM worse and after 2 years of a MEDIA BLACKOUT (Democracy dies in darkness, eh) I really don't blame any R Gov for doing whatever they can to actually draw attention to the problem.

God knows that the Media was ALL OVER "kids in cages" but they don't give a fuck about record-setting crossings nor do they give a fuck about the brazen media censorship at the border. So, I don't blame the Rs at all for doing whatever they can to highlight how fucked up The Chairman is on this issue.

Even then, it won't really matter because immigration is a total winning issue for Rs so The Media ain't really going to cover that much, even the "stunts."

Comment

• We finally found a large constituency that supports Biden's policies! Hey, wait a minute! Leave politics out of it!!

immigrants-texas-guard-california-biden-t-shirts-abbott.jpg
                Last edited by Mike; September 15, 2022, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I'm fine with that but what do you do about boat people? Force them back to wait in Cuba or Venezuela and they're likely to be thrown in jail.
                  I believe the policy is that asylum seekers have to stay in the first "safe" country to get to. If you're Honduran and seeking safety from an oppressive government then, well, Mexico achieves that. What they REALLY want is to gin up asylum claims to get in the US. You know that. Cubans and Venezuleans arriving by boat hit the US first. Under "Remain" they would remain in the US.

That's the policy. It's not complicated. It's completely rational.

Also, I think Remain was limited to the Mexican border, though should apply to Canada w/ equal force.

Comment

• Joe just hasn't been the same since he starred in Poltergeist 2...
                    Attached Files
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

let's not forget that there's sharks in the Caribbean too..

Comment

• Border security generally is winning issue for Republicans (other aspects of immigration not so much)

But border security is usually not a priority for moderates, independents, and swing voters.

That's why rightwing media is constantly trying VERY hard to make it one. I mean come on folks. Does the liberal media try to hide things that might hurt Dems? YES. Does rightwing shithead media try to emphasize or downplay things for the benefit of Republicans? YES

I mean focus in on this if you want but inflation is a much better issue to run on right now. If your dumbass party can let their message breathe a little bit without introducing new restrictions on abortion to get in the way.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Correct. It is a stunt. But it points to the hypocrisy of the progs backing an open border.

I watched a video of Rob Reiner on the Bill Mahar show. Mahar claimed that there were masses of illegals crossing the border. Meathead took issue with this and said Mahar had no evidence of the alleged crossings. Reiner did not believe it was happening and Mahar just dropped the matter.

I believe there are lots of people (maybe 20%) who simply do not believe it is happening. Then there is another group of Ds like DSL who think the photo evidence is a "just before the election" GOP tactic. It is pretty hard to get 2 million people across the border within a month of an election.

Today, a FOX poll shows that 19% of the population thinks the economy is good or fair. I'll bet those are the same people who deny that illegal immigration is a problem.

Comment

• You'll probably find that 19% of the population thinks that the moon landings were filmed by Stanley Kubrick. Heck, if they polled me, I'd probably say "yes" just to screw with them.

Comment

• Our economy identifies as sound...and our border identifies as secure...according to the Chairman...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X