No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The two rookies should get zero jail time. The other guy — I need to know more.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• BLMMTTMSM
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Black lives matter more to the main stream media
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Justice may have been served...I don't know...it seems to me it's excessive based on what Ive seen but what floors me is that in cases where the victim is black vs white it's more about so called social justice than law. When white people are the victim its just the law and if they get screwed so be it.. they deserve because they are white. Should the cop get punishment...absolutely...but not by mob rule which this most certainly is. Disgusting if you want to be honest. A man died in police custody...which happens to people from all races...but when it's to a black man all logic and jurisprudence goes out the window because it's obviously racism. This doesn't make race relations any better. It only emboldens those who believe the radical left Maxine Waters agenda...and all her ilk. It will be interesting to see the appeal process because I'm certain that will happen...and more interesting to see the sentencing...if it's not strong enough I'm sure the Mob Rules faction will encourage more violence.

This is not America. This is fucking anarchist bullshit.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I see Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• What was denial? The guy deserved to be judged and was. But how can you deny the pressure from the left...and the country...hell the world...to convict on all charges? Based on what I saw manslaughter was appropriate but obviously MSP and probably America would burn with nothing less than Murder 2. Don't see this kind of mob pressure in cases involving white victims....why...because there is no political hay to harvest. It is a tragedy that this man lost his life. But had he complied to the orders he would most likely be alive today. Doesn't matter though. Never let a tragedy go untapped. In arguably the biggest murder case of our lifetime a black man walked and crowds celebrated...and the media rejoiced. If you can tell me there is no double standard then you are a complete idiot.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It is black and white.

You get pulled over and you worry about how the ticket is going to affect your insurance. A black man get pulled over and he worries if he is going to live through the stop, whether he complies or not.

That is what this is about.

Chauvin murdered George Floyd.

If it had not been recorded, if there had not been outrage, the murderer would have walked

​​​​​​https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-floyds-fault/

The first statement from the Minneapolis Police Department about the death of George Floyd began with a falsehood.

“Man Dies After Medical Incident During Police Interaction,” the statement dated May 25, 2020, was titled — an accurate assessment in the sense that every death is in some way a medical incident.
                The news release indicated that officers were called to Chicago Avenue South after a report of a “forgery in progress.” The suspect, they were reportedly told, “appeared to be under the influence.” Why include that detail? One obvious reason is to bolster the idea that Floyd’s death might have been the result of something other than police officer Derek Chauvin kneeling on his neck for an extended period of time, as a jury in Minneapolis decided on Tuesday it was. Perhaps, instead, it was a drug overdose, as Chauvin’s defenders repeatedly claimed in the months that followed.

The statement continued:
                “Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car. After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance. He was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center by ambulance where he died a short time later.”

To a reader on May 25, 2020, that description depicts an immediately connected chain of events: as Floyd is handcuffed, it is noted that he in distress. But in reality, the preceding paragraph includes the longest “and” in the history of the English language. It is an over nine-minute- “and,” linking the moment when Floyd was placed in handcuffs to the time at which that “medical distress” necessitated that he be moved to an ambulance. It’s an “and” that silently includes more than a minute in which Floyd had already lost consciousness.

“At no time were weapons of any type used by anyone involved in this incident,” the police statement reads. This, too, is true in a very specific sense: no firearms were drawn or discharged. One can also read this as supporting the overarching narrative, given the broad (and justified) association between the deaths of Black men in police custody with their being shot by police officers.

We are encouraged, tacitly or not, to read the story in this way: No weapons were used in detaining a maybe-intoxicated man who was noted to be in distress shortly after being handcuffed. That depiction of events, however divorced from reality, is at least credible — particularly given the report’s addendum that “[b]ody worn cameras were on and activated during this incident.” Given that, surely the police department wouldn’t misrepresent what happened. Right?"

Denial
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• In arguably the biggest murder case of our lifetime a black man walked and crowds celebrated...and the media rejoiced. If you can tell me there is no double standard then you are a complete idiot.
                  Do you mean to tell me that when OJ got away with murdering his ex-wife and her new boyfriend you didn't burn down half of downtown Ogallala?

Why not?
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ok Columbus Ohio ... its your turn now ...

Police shot and killed a teenage girl Tuesday in Columbus just as the verdict was being announced in the trial for the killing of George Floyd

Comment

• You get pulled over and you worry about how the ticket is going to affect your insurance. A black man get pulled over and he worries if he is going to live through the stop, whether he complies or not.
                      You, like every other progressive liberal -- especially white progressive liberal -- vastly overestimate the number of AAs killed by police and the number of unarmed AAs killed by the police. Like, e.g., Chris Cuomo saying yesterday -- "Things will only change when white people are killed by the police."

You can't have an honest policy discussion if you can't be honest about the facts. I will keep banging the drum -- to get the right solution you need to know what the problem is.

Now, perhaps you know all the facts and numbers and your statement is just one of subjective feelings. And perhaps you know the subjective feelings in that statement are not supported by the facts. At all. If so, I apologize.

Comment

• CGVT apparently didn't see my post above about the "rednecks" in Georgia, and how the man that they killed had numerous run-ins with the law, which included multiple times where he was caught stealing or a casing a target and claimed that he was "jogging". He also had previous incidents of reacting impulsively and/or violently when confronted on his activities. Much of this information was recently revealed, on top of two previously released police bodycam videos in which he was the star actor. Not to mention, what we know about him having appeared on a neighborhood surveillance video multiple times not jogging, including at night (and all of the neighborhood thefts that occurred).

What happened in Georgia is quite simple -- three concerned neighborhood citizens correctly identified the neighborhood petty thief and tried to detain him when they caught him in the act. Instead of reacting sensibly to having guns pointed at him, the "victim" did what he had done previously -- acted like an impulsive moron. And it got him Darwinized. Totally different from the "innocent jogger murdered" narrative. But the fact that hardly anyone knows this speaks to the power of the mainstream media narrative and how the gullible and overly emotional (e.g. CGVT) will simply swallow whatever narrative that they are given hook, line, and sinker without looking at any facts or reexamining their initial premise once the facts become available.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; April 21, 2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• Been posted before, but I'll post it again...

On a per-encounter-with-the-police basis, white people are killed at a slightly higher rate than black people. If you are a black man, you are more likely to die of constipation than you are at the hands of police while unarmed.

When it comes to interracial crime, white people are about an order of magnitude more likely to suffer violence at the hands of blacks than the inverse.

And the media narrative is 100% the opposite.

Orwell was an optimist.

ike, e.g., Chris Cuomo saying yesterday -- "Things will only change when white people are killed by the police."
                          Already happens. It speaks volumes to how woefully uninformed half of the population is about one of the defining issues of our time.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; April 21, 2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Hannibal will enjoy this anonymous letter from a Berkley History professor: https://medium.com/@soumynona_/anony...BFtDVbY_NZ4UFQ

It's obvious why it has to be anonymous. And, heh, it's been flagged as "dangerous content" or something.

Comment

• This happened a few years ago but it never made the news (white victim -- duh). A man was shot by a cop as he sobbed and begged not to be shot.

And unlike George Floyd, there was no legitimate crime being investigated. Somebody had called the SWAT team because somebody saw him with a pellet gun in his hotel room.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; April 21, 2021, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• I can give an "amen" all day long to getting rid of bad cops who have no regard for the law, and are just as bad or worse than the criminals they are sworn to protect us from. Find them, arrest them, try them, toss them in prison. This will get an amen from me any time.

What I refuse to go along with, is when someone regardless of race, is stopped or detained by a police officer, and the detainee decides to fight, for whatever reason. In the next Minnesota case coming up, a cop is going to be charged with "murder" because she accidentally pulled her tazer to subdue a known felon, who had a warrant, and he tried to flee. There are other notable cases as well, where the decision to fight, flee or otherwise resist the legitimate actions of law enforcement unnecessarily escalated a situation where someone (of color) got hurt or killed. I think that's wrong. I've been pulled over by cops dozens of times in my lifetime for traffic violations. Each time, I've pulled over, got out my paperwork, and answered the questions the officer asked me. I've gotten a ticket more often than I've been let go. Had I decided to smash down on the accelerator when I saw the lights behind me, I would have been caught, dragged out of my car, arrested, and thrown in jail. And rightly so. My "white privilege" wouldn't have gotten me squat. A couple times I was pulled over for not wearing a seat belt. Can anyone imagine running from a cop because he wanted to tell me to put on my seat belt? No matter what my color, that would have been a stupid decision.

I guess Rasheedah Hateface is right. Lets get rid of cops, jails, prisons, et al. Its the only way.

Comment

Working...
                                X