• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaddup
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      These things sounds utterly ridiculous and stupid and completely off the reservation at first. And then, a few years later, you end up with the Leader of the Party saying, e.g., that men should be able to play women's sports. Now, I don't see sheet music or Mozart disappearing any time soon. But, I wish I could say that with a little more confidence (like, say, 100%) than I do.
      If sheet music does disappear, then it will just be another "this is how it is now in <current year>, just shut up and accept it, bigot" type affair where yesterday's loony kook idea is today's norm, and we get there not by public debate, but by a fiat from our overlords.

If you don't believe me, then just look at the kookery of transgenderism. Transgender children being given cross-sex hormones went from a boogeyman fabricated by Fox News to an accepted reality in less than two years. There was no debate. There was never any vote. It just happened. How did it happen? Fuck if I know.
      Last edited by Hannibal; March 30, 2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• The news this morning is about travel. Lots of it. United made more money in the last month than they did since march of 2020! Surprise, people are traveling. With out a doubt this sort of thing has the potential to increase human contact and spread disease. And WTF is new about that! Restricting travel and mobility are prime ways to reduce the spread of a global pandemic. Fine, I get that.

Hello, humans will be human. They are generally ignoring government pleas to stay in your homes to stop COVID. This is happening everywhere on the planet. After a year of locking people inside their homes, shutting airports and sea ports, directing businesses to have employees not to come to the office and work from home, closing businesses in the travel and leisure sector, citizens in various countries are saying fuck it. I'm going to my local bar or restaurant, I'm jumping on an airplane and flying to some Caribbean island that wants us to be there or Mexican resort in Cancun or Madrid or any number of places that are saying, "come on down!"

When Angela Merkle said, I'm locking all you German citizens down for the 2 weeks that include Easter, there was such outrage that she backed off a shut down entirely. The French have never been enthusiastic about Macron telling them to not go out and drink wine. Italians? Same. Then, of course we have the Swedes that took a different path of figuring out how to cope with the virus from the start, instead of trying to eliminate any risk that you might catch COVID. They seem to be doing about the same as other EU countries. Well, no shit. Governments ..... it's time to wake the fuck up.

What's not getting enough attention is the on-the-ground reality of the impact of vaccines. If I put together a graph of two variables, vaccination rates and serious illness on the Y axis and time in months on the X axis, color coded vaccination rates in blue and serious illness in death in red, you'd have a positive slope on the blue line and a negative one on the red with the lines intersecting sometime in May. Forget about putting case numbers on the graph but if you did you'd continue to see the predictable peaks and troughs over time with peaks getting lower and troughs deeper. It's what virus due. It's what SARS2 has done for over a year.

Now, yes, we can think about things like variants that might render these miracle vaccines less effective delaying the decline in serious illness over time. But, I'm telling you, vaccination science involving genomic technology (that's the novel mRNA vaccines) have revolutionized vaccine development and production making it much easier to adapt vaccines to genomic variations in a given virus and provide boosters. SARS2 is going to become a seasonal thing just like H1N1 Influenza and all it's variants. But the disease burden that was very high from this virus a year ago has steadily declined over that same period and will continue to do so in the long term.

Why is this so hard to understand among government officials who are making public health policy? The smart thing to do is to tell businesses how to minimize viral spread in thier places of business (already doing that) and, more importantly, tell citizens how to return to safely normal activities - because that's what the citizens are going to do anyway whether you tell them how to make it safe or not. The right approach is to recognize that over time in a pandemic (global) circumstance, there will be a predictable transitioning to an epidemic (regional) and then to small (local outbreaks). At that point outbreaks are easily ID'ed and controlled. And, shockingly, this is exactly the circumstance expanding availability of SARS2 vaccines and the miracle technology that can adapt vaccines going forward are making fucking obvious.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• Greta Thunberg now has her own statue at Winchester University.

_117758679_greta_300321_onlinepic.jpg

A severely mentally ill child whose crowning achievement is being invited to speak at the UN to throw a tantrum is a legendary hero to Liberals -- worthy of a statue. And these are the people who run all of academia, the media, and the majority of western governments too. Hundreds of years ago, if a teenage girl wanted to be considered a hero, she had to lead an army. Now all that she has to do is regurgitate some propaganda and yell "how dare you!".

You're living in a gigantic lunatic asylum. Jesus no wonder alcoholism in the USSR was so fucking high. The human mind isn't built to withstand the cognitive dissonance that is forced upon you by a dishonest state propaganda machine. Sometimes your only alternative is to drink your Victory Gin and STFU.
            Last edited by Hannibal; March 30, 2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• The girl has mid-range Asperger's Syndrome. Its not a mental illness. It is a cognitive functioning pattern that causes social akwardness and laser focus on resonant interests, in her case climate change. Memory retention and spacial calculation ability go off the charts as does adherence to rules and other set boundaries. It unleashes the brain in some functionalities and makes other functions more passive.

You destroy the credibility of your statement by opening it with a 5 word absurdity.

And who cares if someone has made a statue of her? Good reason to demean and mislabel her.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• GJ -- Her family has said that she has had major behavioral issues in addition to that, like off-the-charts anxiety and OCD. She became so depressed over global warming as a preteen that she stopped eating and almost had to be hospitalized. You guys make it out to be something to admire. It's not something to admire. It's a fucking sickness, and one that she acquired via propaganda that was undoubtedly fed to her in school. She is not a product of high IQ or critical thinking, but rather Leftist indoctrination. And terrible parenting. Instead of getting pissy with me for describing her as severely mentally ill, which she is, you should be getting pissy at the people who so terrified an 11 year old girl with cataclysmic global warming predictions that she almost committed suicide by starvation.

Your description of Aspbergers is why people with the condition should be shooting rockets into space. But they should not be taken seriously in any public policy conversation that requires understanding and appreciation for massive levels of nuance. That goes double for a child who has clearly not been exposed to all sides of the argument. And I point it out not to demean her, but to demean you if you look up to her or even taking her seriously, and her handlers and her parents for thrusting her into this position to comment on an issue that she clearly does not grasp. She's a pawn in a game and it's borderline child abuse.
                Last edited by Hannibal; March 30, 2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• I loved the soccer montage in that video, Hannibal. LOL. It reminded me of watching basketball last night when I switched over to the last couple minutes of the UConn - Baylor women's game and then back to the Houston - Oregon St. game.
                  Last edited by Mike; March 30, 2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                    The girl has mid-range Asperger's Syndrome. Its not a mental illness. It is a cognitive functioning pattern that causes social akwardness and laser focus on resonant interests, in her case climate change. Memory retention and spacial calculation ability go off the charts as does adherence to rules and other set boundaries. It unleashes the brain in some functionalities and makes other functions more passive.

You destroy the credibility of your statement by opening it with a 5 word absurdity.

And who cares if someone has made a statue of her? Good reason to demean and mislabel her.
                    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FgoPwhPc1ADM%2Fhqdefault.jpg&amp;f=1&amp;nofb=1.jpg

Comment

• meKmUTeg.png

Comment

• Come on, don’t be an obesephobe... It’s 2021, that shit’s not OK anymore.

Am I doing this right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Come on, don’t be an obesephobe... It’s 2021, that shit’s not OK anymore.

Am I doing this right?
                          #HealthyAtAnySize

Comment

• KRAPTURE gunna go hoggin' sounds like
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• MEN! Time for you to apologize for being a man!

In Australia, they're starting early by making 12 year old boys "apologize" on behalf of all men, for the past sins of men.

The world has lost its freaking mind.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Talked to an ICE agent today at work--says its the worse hes seen in 14 years.

He predicts it will take a couple kids or cops being killed

I think it will take a bunch of kids getting sick as hell--mumps measles/covid something that starts them taking bodies out of those cages

heard cancel culture after the masters, cocacola, and the MLB all star game all in georgia because of the new voting laws--BLM wants boycotts

for some reason churches out of atlanta wasnt isnt being boycotted

Comment

Working...
                                X