Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Now that the social norms have been established, can I tear down the Greta statue if it offends me?
    No. You're the wrong color.

And you may not burn down your local Target/WalMart, or loot a new large screen TV.

While you're at it, turn in all your guns. We don't want you starting an insurrection.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• considering the typical Republican mantra of all sex outside marriage being EVIL, but whatever.
      While abstaining from sex outside of marriage would solve a lot of problems, its definitely not a plank in the Republican party platform. That's like saying Democrats actually value the civil rights of all people.

Comment

• I'll use COVID data from FL today to illustrate how important it is to contextualize that data.
        • New case numbers are up like they are in many states that, like FL, still had a lot of circulating virus even when numbers were trending downward up until two weeks ago.
        • Positivity is up to 6.7%. It had gotten down to as low as 4.8%.
        • However, 79% of new cases are in the under 65 age group with the biggest percentages of new cases in the 15-34yo range. Over 65s as a group account for just 6%.
        • Deaths are stable, hospitalizations are down, ED visits for ILI and CLI are down.
        • Upwards of 80% of health care and nursing home staff, first responders and over 65s have received at least one dose of a vaccine,
        It does not take a rocket scientist to make rational conclusions based on this data. Here are mine:
        • Most of the 79%'ers are suffering a common cold at worst or are asymptomatic. I don't think we should be concerned about this cohort as no effort whatsoever is made to protect anyone from catching the common cold or influenza.
        • For states that made a concerted effort to prioritize vaccines to the most vulnerable, I can mount a solid argument that both vaccinated, recovered under 65s and unvaccinated under 50s, without other risk factors for COVID complications, can do pretty much what they want taking basic precautions - and in that I would include only wearing a mask indoors in public spaces and avoiding congregate settings where social distancing can't be maintained.
        • The rest of the US either doesn't have circulating virus to be concerned about or are in a similar situation to that of FL.
        I just don't get the defective and increasingly irrelevant PH guidance and this continuing drum beat of rising case numbers. We're at a point where that kind of data is pretty much useless in a circumstance where vaccines are becoming widely available. Starting today, in FL, if you're 18 or over, you can get the shot. There's plenty of vaccine availability and plenty of places to sign up to register for an appointment and get the shot. The cost of waiting around for more certainty about this and that is just stupid.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 31, 2021, 02:50 PM.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• so supposedly working with the FBI--names a individual who was trying to extort them

Demands FBI play the tape of the extortion attempt

story gets weirder and weirder

could be worse

could have been chinese and a spy

Comment

• STFU
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Fox News host Tucker Carlson was angered after Congressman Matt Gaetz attempted to rope him into a scandal involving allegations related to sex trafficking of a minor, a person familiar with the matter said.

Comment

• Kevin Williamson with his almost always great take -- this time on Biden's borderline preposterous infrastructure spend: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...tructure-scam/

His pilloring of broadband access is good, but I'm not sure how much money Biden is planning to throw at improving broadband access (as noted in the article, industry estimates have it 93% of the population with access to broadbad). He also, of course, rightly pillories the restoration of SALT.

But, this is the money summary:

The problem is not federal infrastructure spending per se: The problem is “infrastructure” bills that are in fact political slush-funds. We go about infrastructure in a way that is precisely backward: Instead of figuring out, one project at a time, what needs doing and how to prioritize those demands — repaving this section of interstate highway, replacing that bridge — and then seeing what that all adds up to and making informed decisions about timing and tradeoffs, we come up with some silly round number — say, $2,000,000,000,000.00 — and then see if we can find a politically attractive way to shovel all that cash out the door. That is how you end up spending a lot of money on infrastructure without actually getting much infrastructure. It’s the national version of the paradox in which the roads of so many American cities are always being repaired but are never repaired.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And, of course, in addition to restoring SALT to benefit the ultra rich, Biden brazenly lied about "no one making under $400,000" will see their taxes go up: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...tm_term=second

On the border, we have the emerging leader of the Ds -- AOC -- taking issue with the use of the word "surge" -- as in "surge" at the border.

"Well, first of all, just gut check, stop. Anyone who’s using the term ‘surge’ around you consciously is trying to invoke a militaristic frame. That’s a problem,” Ocasio-Cortez continued, “because this is not a surge, these are children and they are not insurgents and we are not being invaded.”
                    Charles Cooke destroys this while pointing out the ongoing Newspeak efforts of The Left: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...20Be%20Ditched

Comment

• On the Wokesphere...in a CNN REPORTING article on Kristi Noem and her veto of a bill in South Dakota re men playing women's sports...this line actually appeared:

It’s not possible to know a person’s gender identity at birth, and there is no consensus criteria for assigning sex at birth,
                      That is in a hard news article. From CNN. It was so preposterously wrong, that the author eventually edited it slightly. The author left in:

The orders also reference "biological sex," a disputed term that refers to the sex as listed on students' original birth certificates.
                      Biological sex is a disputed term?

Meanwhile Delta's CEO took the interwebs to virtue signal about Georgia's Election Law (btw, there's nothing, at the moment, The Left enjoys lying about more -- holy fuck -- utterly shameless). Anyway, he called unacceptable. Meanwhile, as is in the case in numerous places in life, you can't get on a Delta flight without showing an ID. So, air travel procedures are obviously racist.

Comment

• KFPQhF6W.jpg

Comment

• fuckin refs

...oops wrong thread...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Meanwhile, as is in the case in numerous places in life, you can't get on a Delta flight without showing an ID. So, air travel procedures are obviously racist.
                            If I were to go over to Metro Airport in Detroit today, and attempt to buy a ticket to fly to Fort Liquordale and visit my good friend Jeff B., I wouldn't be able to board the plane. I don't have one of those "Enhanced ID's" that are now required of everyone, to get on the plane. I would have to go over to the Michigan Secretary of State office, and plunk down some cash, (I believe $60) and then wait about 6 weeks to receive my new ID. Just to fly on a domestic flight.

I don't hear any politician, Dem or Repub, complaining about that requirement.

Yet its "racist" to require a voter in Atlanta Georgia to show a picture ID in order to vote.

If the country is going to do away with laws requiring ID to vote, then they should also do away with the requirement to show "enhanced ID" in order to fly on a plane.

Comment

• That is some fucking bs right there...

ACLU? Hello?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                That is some fucking bs right there...

ACLU? Hello?
                                They won't answer your call, Wiz.

Reason being, voter fraud helps the Democratic Party, and when the Democrats control the politics, it benefits the ACLU.

You don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Comment

Working...
                                X