No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schilling was a 3-time Cy Young runner-up (losing twice to Randy Johnson).

The Black Ink and Gray Ink metrics have Verlander clearly ahead. The other HoF metrics are neglibly close. Schilling currently has a higher career WAR and will likely finish that way. Schilling will also likely finish with better adjusted ERA and WHIP.

But, getting back to the HOF statistics -- if you're relying on those the that's fine -- they pretty clearly show Schilling should be in. He's above average in 5 of the 7 metrics (slightly below in "HOF Standards" -- which also really dings Verlander, and 7-yr War).

I mean, if you're ABOVE AVERAGE for HOFers PLUS you add in Post-Season bonus, it should be straight-forward.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Let's debate tougher calls like CC Sabathia. Heh. Hall of the Very Good

Comment

• Heh. Hey, man -- Mussina got in. Hell, Halladay got in.
        Last edited by iam416; January 28, 2021, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          Baseball HOF voters are a disgusting WOKE JOKE.
          Yes the old crusty BBWA is some. Good call Sherlock.

Comment

• For the last 20 or so years, I think the two absolute shoo-in starting pitchers are Pedro and The Big Unit. That's it. I think Verlander and Kershaw are next. And after that, Halladay, Schilling, Scherzer and I'm sure a few others that I'm missing.

Rivera, of course, is the other absolute shoo-in pitcher.
            Last edited by iam416; January 28, 2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Yes the old crusty BBWA is some. Good call Sherlock.
              Journalists being Woke. SPORTSWRITERS being Woke. That would NEVER HAPPEN. Good implication, Sherlock.

Comment

• If Halladay hadn't died he might not have gotten in yet. He's one of those guys who had a really, really good 10-year run versus someone like Andy Pettitte or Mussina who played 20 years and has better cumulative stats. They're hard to compare.

Kirby Puckett is another guy that's in on the basis of a really, really good decade plus some sympathy vote. And he turned out to be a shitbird later on.

Comment

• " I defy anyone to make the case that Verlander is clearly more deserving than Schilling."

Verlander gets to fuck Kate Upton all he wants

Comment

• Yeah, well, if you are keeping shitbirds out of the HOF then, heh, you're going to need a smaller boat.

It's certainly imprecise. Extended dominance vs career goodness. As I noted, Schilling falls a little short in both areas, but cumulatively he should be in. He's not Halladay or even Verlander and he's not Mussina. He has better career numbers than Halladay for sure and was more dominant than Mussina at his peak.

Most importantly, the next surefire first ballot HOF starting pitcher is Shane Fucking Bieber!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                      " I defy anyone to make the case that Verlander is clearly more deserving than Schilling."

Verlander gets to fuck Kate Upton all he wants
                      This make me proud to be a lawyer. Well done, sir. Well fucking done.

Comment

• Yes crusty old BBWA sportswrighters have always been woke. Haha. They have had their favorites and guys who weren't their favorites. Lou Whitaker should be in the Hall of Fame and he was on exactly one fucking ballot because he didn't speak to reporters. Curt Schilling is being a drama queen and that's a big qualification for any Republican these days. Be a big boy Curt and take your lumps and wait for the veterans committee.

Comment

• Sportswriters are never Woke. Haha.

Comment

• ...WOKE up this mornin'...with a wine glass in my hand...who's wine...what wine...where the hell did I dine...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Please just STFU.

Comment

• There can be no justice until Bartolo Colon (aka "Big Sexy") is in the HOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X