• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Please just STFU.
    No
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Pretty sure he's not eligible yet since he pitched into his mid 60s. But I just looked it up and he finished with 247 career wins! Let the debate begin!

Comment

• I looked at that florida journalist/meme dude/blogger that was arrested by FBI

Turns out he was tricking voters especially the old feeble ones lik wiz--into thinking they could cast a ballot on his blog--turns out he had about 4000 hits--so yeah he probalby deserves some jail time--they didn't know who he was until 2018 so it has taken awhile to justify their arrest of him.

far as trans goes--I see what your saying JB but I'm talking active duty where testosteone driven killers are trained to defend this nation. They have enough issues without a transvestit wondering through their teenage male/early 20s world --let alone all the NCO's and officers who have to control the peace. Transvestites even those like your wifes son are tortured souls I am sure but until we get to a point where they dont detract from the mission--and believe you me theres a huge distraction at a unit level -- I think they need to be barred from service. Likly in future years people will be much more accepting just as the military has evolved from don't ask don't tell. but the mental and physical battles transvestites have with themselves when going through treatments/transition/gender identity is something the military just cant manage and continue to fulfill their primary missions

Far as gamestop goes--my kid is in on the same deal--he has the stop gaps in that if the price falls so many dollars it generates an automatic sell. He was in 2 weeks ago when this first started up. He talked about gamestop with me at christmas course i was too stupid/conservative to invest. He has AMC, Gamestop and a couple others. He started with 10 K now has 60 K plus. hed have more but as somebody pointed out they are throwing all stops to slow this down--5oK he has locked up the other 10 he and the reddit boys will continue to wreak havoc on those financial behemoths. I hope clients in those companies are protected when a couple of those investment services have to pay the piper

it is so refreshing seeing all these greedy bastards getting a dose of its own medicine from poor schmucks from middle class who figured out how to game the system

hopefully they;ll ban short selling altogether buncha of wall streeet vultures
        Last edited by crashcourse; January 28, 2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• shaddup
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

it is so refreshing seeing all these greedy bastards getting a dose of its own medicine from poor schmucks from middle class who figured out how to game the system

hopefully they;ll ban short selling altogether buncha of wall streeet vultures
            The middle class guys will be the ones losing their shirts when the stock collapses and I'll bet that the biggest winners will end up being competing Wall Street firms who didn't have short positions and are likely in a better position to time getting out of the market than your average Joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

The middle class guys will be the ones losing their shirts when the stock collapses and I'll bet that the biggest winners will end up being competing Wall Street firms who didn't have short positions and are likely in a better position to time getting out of the market than your average Joe.
              I think there are some little guys who will make a mint off this but yeah, you are correct that plenty of Wall Street firms and big investors got into the frenzy when it was hot and egged it on. Tons of people hate hedge funds, Elon Musk notoriously does so, and few people in that hedge fund world won't devour their friends if there's a nickel to be made.

Comment

• This is, incidentally, one of those weird issues where the far left and far right overlap and agree.

Comment

• Yep. Like vaccines, conspiracy theories, and general idiocy.

Comment

• heh
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• J&J has released trial findings. At first read, be careful how you interpret how it was presented. Read all of it.

It works in preventing severe cases at 86%, reduces hospitalizations and zeros deaths. These trials were run with individuals known to have the two mutated variants. It was less effective v. those (66%). Hence the overall appearance that the J&J vaccine not as effective as Pfizer/Moderna vaccines.

They're fine. Stuff works.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Flu vaccines are 40-60% effective in preventing serious disease and death. 50% is the FDA bar for approval. You'll see the J&J vaccines in 2-3w.

Also, can't recall if I posted this here but a second Israeli study demonstrated a 70% reduction in transmission among the Pfizer vaccinated control arm compared to the unvaccinated one.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Buchanan:

You may appreciate this...https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/28/polit...ork/index.html

It's a CNN article that suggests perhaps Andrew Cuomo wasn't super-spectacular-awesome! I share it with you only because people who were paying attention knew in fucking May that the policy in NY (and NJ) of making long-term care/nursing home facilities take back patients who weren't cleared of Covid was a fucking disaster (and, lo and behold, they still lead the nation in per capita deaths). What's should be stunning -- but, honestly, it really isn't -- is that CNN has picked up on this....8 months after the fact.

What's also not stunning is that some lackey charged with explaining to the press the extra nursing deaths blamed PDJT. LOL.

In any event, that article nicely encapsulates the politics of Covid and, in general, The Media's approach thereto.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Delay until Orangeman gone.

Nothing to see here...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Buchanan:

You may appreciate this...https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/28/polit...ork/index.html

It's a CNN article that suggests perhaps Andrew Cuomo wasn't super-spectacular-awesome! I share it with you only because people who were paying attention knew in fucking May that the policy in NY (and NJ) of making long-term care/nursing home facilities take back patients who weren't cleared of Covid was a fucking disaster (and, lo and behold, they still lead the nation in per capita deaths). What's should be stunning -- but, honestly, it really isn't -- is that CNN has picked up on this....8 months after the fact.

What's also not stunning is that some lackey charged with explaining to the press the extra nursing deaths blamed PDJT. LOL.

In any event, that article nicely encapsulates the politics of Covid and, in general, The Media's approach thereto.
                              When it became public knowledge that Desantis knew Cuomo was doing this and absolutely blew up about it, mainly because Cuomo was getting a lot of positive press, he was getting hammered and Desantis knew the disaster Cuomo was creating in NY, I stopped listening to Cuomo's daily reports and started looking for Desantis' briefings. I had previously thought the Cuomo daily briefings were informative on a broader scale and outside the state of NY. That was probably in mid to late April.

As NY's COVID death toll skyrocketed, Desantis started taking indirect aim at Cuomo, heralding how FL's much better approach of absolutely not taking COVID re-directs back from whatever nursing home they came from and making it an emergency act that hospitals had to keep them hospitalized in separate isolation wards. Then he started monitoring and preventing NY state residenbts from flocking to FL. That pissed Cuomo off and he did it in reverse. It was a behind the scenes battle between the two of them

Generally, it's standard procedure for Hospitals to discharge Medicare patient's to skilled nursing facilities when they no longer get reimbursed after a set number of days in the hospital. Nursing homes generally continue to get reimbursed for a set number of days. So sending them back worked for NY 's hospitals and nursing homes but caused many more needless deaths in those nursing home residents.

There's a seedy side note to this, Skilled nursing facilities are not the same as assisted living residences or state nursing homes. That has never stopped the later from making themselves appear to be skilled nursing capable and charging Medicare for skilled nursing care when that level of care isn't actually being provided. It's a racket.

Comment

• There's a seedy side to everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X